Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies roast Roos - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean, it?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 am

Finally updated your pic after 15 years, eh?
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:29 am

Great win obviously, better than getting beaten. We weren't awesome, North were horrible, but we went in much harder than them and got the reward. Them losing Brown hurt and probably knocked the wind out of them. Scott would be in deeper shite than Bux, doubt he will survive but Bux will probably get another deal. The players lack polish we know that but they are certainly giving their all. Can they improve their disposal or not, that is the big question. Can Bux improve this motley crue? I think he should be given one more 3 year deal to find out.

If we can win our last 3 games and Essendon, Eagles and Dees all fall flat on their faces....can we still make it??

MONCO: Your life.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 am

That was a game for the archives. And to be buried at the very bottom.

Some positives. But some same negatives too. I really dislike the way we play. It frustrates me. To the point I can't be bothered going any more. I'll watch on TV and be a whiner instead.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 am

Great to get the 4 points. Not perfect, but that will do.

Really like Tay adding kicking goals to his game.

De Goey is going to be our hard nut for a decade.

Moore will be up there with Joey Daniher as the best key position forward.

Shaz coming along nicely and hopefully a full uninterrupted pre season we will see why he was highly rated.

Grundy will miss a week, but really shows how stupid the rule is when it happened right in front of the ump and he gets a free.

The future looks bright.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:39 am

Jamie's late goal pushed our percentage over the 100 mark. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:59 am

Wasn't pretty but great the boys we're able to get the win. Hard to fathom that the Pies have been under siege all year from the media, footy commentators and even some nicks posters yet we are only 2 wins behind the dees and Essendon who have been universally praised.

Hopefully we can continue the good form and set ourselves for a big 2018

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:15 am

thebaldfacts wrote:

Shaz coming along nicely and hopefully a full uninterrupted pre season we will see why he was highly rated.

Yeah, I watched my man closely tonight. He's been criticized for being too slow and not applying enough tackles. (Who'd apply a tackle in this current climate anyway??).

Anyway, I am thinking that he's been given a specific role down back and that's to hang around the packs for the handball out and then kick it downfield with precision. He's easily one of the most accurate kicks in the team. Add this to his reading of the ball and ability to take intercept marks and I think he's worth his place in the team. I'm biased, I grant you.

Plus, I've been guilty of criticizing Blair here on Nick's - most have, but he played a very serviceable game tonight. I have to wonder sometimes what we supporters really know about football!! Well, at least me anyway, even though I've been watching it avidly for fifty years! Very Happy
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:25 am

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Moore's interview wasn't good for Grundy. He needs more media training as well as some footy training.

What was said, for those of us who missed it?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:25 am

North have had some close losses this season against some gun teams, and they did wallop the crows by heaps. I was a bit concerned about this game, but we did the job, stitched them up, and I'm satisfied, now we move on to Port.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:35 am

Nice to actually beat a bottom side for a change, but by god North are shocking. Could have been 80+ if our FF could kick and the umpires didnt give Ziebell a Selwood/Danger special. Holy cow was he looked after!

But a massive positive, how $£$%^%%$ good was Blair? Close to our best player
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:37 am

The quality of the match wasn't good, but it was satisfying to see us get the job done in a professional manner.

Treloar and Adams were the best players of the night in my opinion, and it was great to see our young players stepping up which includes the likes of De Goey, Langdon, Phillips and Scharenberg, so those were very positive signs of the night.

Disappointing to see Greenwood sustain a serious injury, and while Wells did play on for the rest of the match, it was obvious he was struggling as he hobbled around the ground for most of the second half. Although, it was very satisfying seeing him kick one against his old club.

Mathematically, we keep our slim finals chances alive and the fact that we're playing out the season in a positive manner is pleasing to see.

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 am

Piesnchess wrote:
North have had some close losses this season against some gun teams, and they did wallop the crows by heaps. I was a bit concerned about this game, but we did the job, stitched them up, and I'm satisfied, now we move on to Port.

You're correct about North having a number of close losses this year, which includes the following:

Round 2 v Geelong = -1
Round 4 v Western Bulldogs = -3
Round 5 v Fremantle = -5
Round 14 v Western Bulldogs = -1
Round 16 v Fremantle = -4

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:32 am

A lot of positives in this one, with the biggest being the continued improvement of younger players like: Moore, De Goey, Phillips, Scharenberg, Maynard. They all had a definite impact tonight. I thought that Phillips especially had his best game.

The Roos were awful but they've not been awful over the season, credit goes to the team for making it tough for them. Our biggest winning margin of the year.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 am

Collingwood 16.15.111
North 7.15.57

Goals: Blair 3, Adams, Thomas 2, Elliott, Grundy, Wells, Moore, Howe, Treloar, Phillips, De Goey, Fas, 1

Disposals: Treloar 34, Adams 30, Langdon 29, De Goey, Crisp, Maynard, Shaz, Phillips 27, Sidey 26, Howe 24, Elliott 19, Grundy, Thomas 18, Blair, Dunn 16, Moore 15

AF points: Adams 124, Phillips 116, De Goey 114, Crisp 106, Treloar, Grundy 103, Maynard 101, Langdon 99.

DE%: Dunn 93.8, Langdon 93.1, Goldy 90, Maynard 88.9

Crowd: 33,394

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: