Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it mean anything else?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/01/delingpole-australia-bureau-of-meteorology-caught-erasing-record-low-temperatures/

Interesting

The scientist quoted in the article is a biologist. No meterological credentials or training. She also previously worked for the Institute of Public Affairs.
No relevant qualifications & paid by a bunch of climate deniers.
Article a biased waste of time.

And the fact that he isn't a climatologist means its ok that the bureau lied, you just swallow it all hook, line and sinker.

No, he can read and write and, helpfully, isn't totally gullible, so he can work out for himself when he's being fed Vaseline out of a bucket full of petroleum industry byproducts.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Your - can't read or write, dismissive and condescending posts are becoming quite tiresome.

There IS a debate and, as much as you all struggle to comprehend that, it's real!

The people aren't buying the bullshit any longer.

As I said, it took 20 odd centuries for the MAJORITY of scientists to believe that the world isn t flat. You pretentious clowns won't live long enough to see this myth busted.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:15 pm

think positive wrote:
The $$%^%%$ ice age hit Melbourne today, brrrrr

It certainly was / is. However Skids & others have proof that it is not cold in Melbourne and you were paid to express that opinion 😉

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

It certainly was / is. However Skids & others have proof that it is not cold in Melbourne and you were paid to express that opinion 😉

No... it WAS called Global warming.... we didn't buy that.
So they changed it to 'climate change'

If only they'd put a carbon tax on dinosaurs.... they'd still exist!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Are you cold in Melbourne and you were paid to express that opinion #128521;[quote] No?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:18 am

Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

If only they'd put a carbon tax on dinosaurs.... they'd still exist!

They were going to. Your mate, the mad misogynist monk stopped the fossil fuel levy through his scare campaign & look how our energy is now. That mixed with privatisation / deregulation of energy in this part of the world is making it unaffordable for far too many people.

Anyway, I'm off to re-marry my wife so I can protect her & my kids Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:27 am

Skids wrote:
Your - can't read or write, dismissive and condescending posts are becoming quite tiresome.

There IS a debate and, as much as you all struggle to comprehend that, it's real!

The people aren't buying the bullshit any longer.

As I said, it took 20 odd centuries for the MAJORITY of scientists to believe that the world isn t flat. You pretentious clowns won't live long enough to see this myth busted.

So, let me get this straight - sixpoints is accused of swallowing something "hook, line and sinker", thereby implying that sixpoints is gullible and will, like some species of fish, swallow anything. I express the view that he isn't. I say he can read and rite and hopefully isn't gullible, so he can work it our for himself. Then, you join a conversation that wasn't about you and you accuse me of being dismissive and condescending.

Then there is a reference to "you pretentious clowns", which I didn't make.

Let's be clear about this. I am not the one who is the member of a millenarian cult that holds, as a core belief, a view that everyone in the world who disagrees with them is stupid and wrong. And holds, as another core belief, that there is some mass conspiracy - created and sustained for reasons that no-one who isn't very, very paranoid can actually discern - by the vast majority of the world's scientists to trick all of us into believing something on an intellectual par with the earth being flat.

It is possible that the vast majority of the world's scientists are wrong on this issue. If they are, it will become evident in time. This is how our "state of scientific knowledge" develops. It will, of course, not matter at all if they do turn out to have been in error. It will, though, matter a very great deal if they are correct and their views are not acted upon.

For my part, I am entirely invested in climate change. My house in North Melbourne is presently a couple of kilometres from the sea. My entire financial strategy is predicated upon it becoming "prime, bayside property" within a few years. Let's hope I've backed the right horse.

There is no "debate" - there are just a few people who don't want the scientific community's prevailing view to be true and are willing to cling onto anything that enables them to pretend that they know better than everyone else. You've actually become a member of a quasi-religious cult without, perhaps, realising it.

I don't mind being "tiresome" - but please let me know when I've become ignorant, stupid and deluded because, at that point, I expect that I will be more than pleased to stand with you.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

For my part, I am entirely invested in climate change. My house in North Melbourne is presently a couple of kilometres from the sea. My entire financial strategy is predicated upon it becoming "prime, bayside property" within a few years. Let's hope I've backed the right horse.

I'm playing the longer game.

nth melbourne is 37 metres above sea level, I'm 57-65m.

All I need is a 50m rise and I'm basically beachfront. You'll need to seal the lower story and put a snorkle on the roof. Wink

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:03 pm

The only debate is how much do these "scientists" who represent big oil and coal charge?

I guess with inflation it's a lot more than they earned when representing those harmless cigarettes and the companies that made them back in the day.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

All I need is a 50m rise and I'm basically beachfront. You'll need to seal the lower story and put a snorkle on the roof. Wink

Did you want to take up options on my permit approvals for "Kosciuszko Sands Resort"? We're thinking of rebranding the entrance to the National Park as "The Gateway to the Dry Country".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The only debate is how much do these "scientists" who represent big oil and coal charge?

I guess with inflation it's a lot more than they earned when representing those harmless cigarettes and the companies that made them back in the day.

if only it were all back in the day!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Did you want to take up options on my permit approvals for "Kosciuszko Sands Resort"? We're thinking of rebranding the entrance to the National Park as "The Gateway to the Dry Country".

I'll pass on that, thanks, but I'm willing to let you buy into the Tropical Melbourne resorts i have planned. Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Why do all the climate change advocates buy beachside property?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:26 am

Wokko wrote:
Why do all the climate change advocates buy beachside property?

Well, they don't.

Only the rich ones can afford it now and they're smart enough to know that by the time the house is under water, they'll be long dead. So enjoy today and tomorrow is someone else's problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 11 of 51   

Jump to: