Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown26 wrote:
People who think the umpiring was good to us in the last quarter - it cost us three certain goals form 50m penalties - if the 50m penalty against Goldsack early in the last was there (soft but ok, pay it if you're consistent) then Maynard should definitely have got 50 from a mark about 65 meters out (certain goal), Reid (when he missed form 40 out) should have got 50 cause number 14 form WCE ran over the mark after Reid marked it (no Pies player with him) and another I can't remember.

I'll swap Reids nothing free (that didn't cost WCE the game, we were still 2 points up with less than 2 minutes to play in deep in our forward line doing all the attacking) for those three please... Or don't pay it against Goldsack and give Darling the same shot he missed ten minutes later...

All the holding the ball frees we got were clearly there. Don't mistake normal non-biased umpiring for umpiring that is kind to us - it's just not cheating us for a change! Razz

- Ben

This. It's like you're inside my head. I have no time for people on this site who ignore the umpires. When your Carlton friend (vs Melb) and your Ess friend (vs WC) empathise with you the the umpiring, you know it's bad.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Would you like to have time for people on this site who ignore the umpires?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 am

Interesting definition of evening up of the free kicks in the last which were 24-14 in our favour!

I am all for bashing umpires but we got a pretty good run on Sunday!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 am

Reids disallowed mark was ordinary.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 am

Looks bad in slow mo, but live and given the umpire was behind the contest it's not that big a mistake.

Someone mentioned a missed throw earlier, they missed 2 very blatant throws by Collingwood players within 30 seconds of each other, West Coast still got a goal though!

Also may have missed a free to Moore, but turned out better for Collingwood when a better player got a free 10 seconds later 25m closer to goal. Plus in a pack of 6 players you can't blame umpires if they miss a soft one.

We have been screwed by umpires badly at times this year and in the past, this was a game we got a pretty damn good run! It's a benefit of being low on the ladder, don't get the big name umpires with prejudices
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Interesting definition of evening up of the free kicks in the last which were 24-14 in our favour!

There were a few head scratchers on the weekend (and at least half were in our favor). Still not sure why Maynard wasn't pinged for 50 when he clearly ran over the mark (all i can think of is that the umpire said something that sounded like play-on and felt sympathy for Maynard).

I was not angry with the umpiring this week (although i thought it was poor).

The deliberate out of bounds on Dunn was appalling. The Goldsack one was shocking (as previously mentioned). There were numerous others.

Both DeGoey and Reid were very lucky to get those frees.

We normally dont get those. I wonder if the AFL has decided that now that we are eliminated from the finals (other than mathematically), its time to have us win a few games.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 am

Since the AFL depend on us for income a lot of the time, a crowd of 22,000 might mean a few breaks come our way! We might get some extra picks or salary cap space chucked in to get us some artificial popularity ala the Sydney and qld teams
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am

With the future of 2018 and on what was pleasing to me was the young leaders exerting their influence on the game

Two (and not only ones) that will help shape a bright future under a stable club
Jordan De Goey. and. Brodie Grundy

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 pm

E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

There were a few head scratchers on the weekend (and at least half were in our favor). Still not sure why Maynard wasn't pinged for 50 when he clearly ran over the mark (all i can think of is that the umpire said something that sounded like play-on and felt sympathy for Maynard).

I was not angry with the umpiring this week (although i thought it was poor).

The deliberate out of bounds on Dunn was appalling. The Goldsack one was shocking (as previously mentioned). There were numerous others.

Both DeGoey and Reid were very lucky to get those frees.

We normally dont get those. I wonder if the AFL has decided that now that we are eliminated from the finals (other than mathematically), its time to have us win a few games.

Its because we are getting younger umpires intent on doing a good job, not old ego driven older umpires set in their anti Collingwood ways

The Dunn dob was there, he needed to make a better effort and they have paid that before

I also thought Blair was lucky not to be penalised a 50m penalty just before half time when he wouldn't give the ball back. One of those senior umpires would have paid it.

Also an OOBOTF missed against Wells, poor boundary umpire

Fact is we sit back with countless replays to dissect their decisions. They have players in their way and are 20-30m away at least. A game like Sunday is good, they were consistent and they didn't screw either side over. It's all you can ask for, we cannot expect perfection from umpires, but they make a shitload less mistakes every week than the players!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Still Wrapped with this win and the the VFL Rolling the teeny boopers at Punt Road. De Goey and Crisp showed a heap on behalf of our younger brigade . Along with Fas and Elliot. I thought our backs did well even though I knew Kennedy was looming large. Poor Old Goldy it was a big ask for him.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: