Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is done and part of history so now to the future
What did this game tell us about the future of the group and the leaders within the group

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 pm

BazBoy wrote:
The game is done and part of history so now to the future
What did this game tell us about the future of the group and the leaders within the group

That we need to see more consistency.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Definitely and consistency thru four quarters on Sunday showed what comes your way when you consistently apply pressure

As I mentioned a game where our fumbles were least for many weeks

Some of their field kicking to a mate was very good

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Ioannina wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
2 men down.
4 goals behind in the last
An opponent who needed the win for the 8.
Great win. Great guts.

Suck on that anti-Bucks.

Great win, but after 6 years we're 7-10 and 13th on the ladder.

If mediocrity is your benchmark, that's a beautiful set of figures.

Winning under those circumstances is far from mediocre.

Bucks coaching record having more wins than Thompson, Malthouse and Clarkson at the same stage of their careers is also far from mediocre. They won flags under each respectively and we will too, I'm sure. As they were prepared to see out the rough times, so am I.

Most coaches in history and all of the above took over sides whose previous coach was sacked because of poor on field results.

This wasn't the case with Buckley and not many get that luxury.

If you want to compare like for like then compare him to C.Scott who took over in similar circumstances and has a far superior record overall.

The side under Buckley has declined every year since the influence of the team of 2010/11 has waned.

Great win today against the odds but we've seen that type of performance before and yet we'll probably end up with less wins again than the previous season.

Hardly anything to gloat about.

Many people choose to ignore that Bucks took over a team, where most of the top players were at the end of their careers, including Jolly, Leroy, Ball, Dids, Johnno, Tarrant, Davis and, as it turned out Daisy and Cloke. Bucks stood by most of these players for a couple of seasons before realising we needed a complete re-build. Along the way, he has had to put up with instability and divisions within our footy department, evidenced by the revolving door policy toward our Director of footy position. Bucks also made a massive mistake in showing faith in Cloke, when he should have traded him 4 or 5 years ago. His rapid decline has left a massive hole in our forward line, one we still have not filled. Nevertheless, I can see the development of our young list and I reckon Bucks will lead us to Premiership glory in the not too distant future. But I don't expect to change your or anyone else opinion on this matter.

Unlike you however, I intend to gloat about today's win to all the Collingwood haters I know. Today, we stuck it up 'em. Go Pies!

before you write something think about it.....

collingwood in 2010 was the yougest team to win a premier..(the youngest since 1978)...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-was-on-the-verge-of-what-it-hoped-was-a-dynasty-after-2010-premiership-what-happened/news-story/88cd387bd9a6131c66f45144a5243c78

bucks demolished it...players left because of him...so cut the bulshit

bullshit has 2 "l's. and the comment 'players left because of him" is absolutely bullshit.
There is no doubt, that many players since who came to club, did so, predominantly because of him. Degoey, Adams, WHE, Wells, Howe, Greenwood, Aish, White, Varcoe, Treloar.............. (albeit some by draft selection)

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Only watched the 2nd half but umpiring seemed pretty good towards us, especially the young bloke who's number i didnt catch
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:14 pm

We should have won if you go by scoring shots - we led this stat at every change - again, we just need to get a bit more accurate, deliver in a manner that does not result in a rushed behind, and get consistent about it.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm

The Umps helped us out at the End to get over the Line.

FOR ONCE

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Liked WHE Game. Had 24 Touches and showed some Hardness and showed his Class.

Reckon WHE could explode in his 2nd Season like Paul Medhurst and Leigh Brown Did

ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Reckon WHE could explode in his 2nd Season like Paul Medhurst and Leigh Brown Did

Not before time either.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:56 pm
Post subject: pies beat eaglesReply with quote

Some good and valid points Qldpie67.

Bucks engagement with the players as you described shows great leadership and is priceless feedback for the players. He can't kick the goals himself for us anymore but this sort of thing is mighty close.

That is the first time that I have seen Bucks on the ground going to each of his players. And with a smile on his face. He usually just stays in the background. He was obviously very proud of HIS BOYS.

I did see him go to Maynard and although I couldnt see his face, it was obvious he was solemn. I believe that Bucks was reassuring him and giving him some good advice.
I really don't want Bucks to go. That's all I can say.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

He was very good, Dave. I haven't seen the replay, yet, but he certainly set up one of De Goey's goals in the third quarter with a brilliant kick and it might have been his handball that set up the other. He had a lot of impact when he got the ball and his defensive efforts are gradually picking up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:19 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Massive effort by the side and led by JDG /Grundy / Crisp /Faz

And a mention for a bloke getting back to playing top footy like his first year

Our Tommy Langdon

I like the boy. Wink

Ever since I put him down he's been playing like Gary Ablett Jnr. Pity it hasn't worked for Jared Blair. Maybe this week.

No, it won't. Langdon is a star who struggled with injury for almost 2 seasons. I think people forgot how good he was when he started.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:56 pm

People who think the umpiring was good to us in the last quarter - it cost us three certain goals form 50m penalties - if the 50m penalty against Goldsack early in the last was there (soft but ok, pay it if you're consistent) then Maynard should definitely have got 50 from a mark about 65 meters out (certain goal), Reid (when he missed form 40 out) should have got 50 cause number 14 form WCE ran over the mark after Reid marked it (no Pies player with him) and another I can't remember.

I'll swap Reids nothing free (that didn't cost WCE the game, we were still 2 points up with less than 2 minutes to play in deep in our forward line doing all the attacking) for those three please... Or don't pay it against Goldsack and give Darling the same shot he missed ten minutes later...

All the holding the ball frees we got were clearly there. Don't mistake normal non-biased umpiring for umpiring that is kind to us - it's just not cheating us for a change! Razz

- Ben
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 pm

Man what a win and what a great way to cap off my birthday weekend. From what I saw on TV we were at times indecisive and sloppy with our disposal however our endeavour and intensity never faltered and to win under duress with two blokes down and our backs against the wall made it all the more special. If only we could iron out our deficiencies because we could be anything.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Only watched the 2nd half but umpiring seemed pretty good towards us, especially the young bloke who's number i didnt catch

You should be seen the first half. Disgusting even my Ess friends were in shock at how we were copping it.

You would've liked the throw at half back from an Ragle that led to their 3/4 time goal, or Fasolo being karate chopped across the neck in full view of the ump to which BT said "minor contact", and you missed Hamish trying to find every reason to discredit us receiving a trip free kick inside 50. We got reamed, again, as usual. We got our usual evener uppers in the end, before the umps realised we'd actually hit the front and it was too late to save WC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: