Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Treloar willed the side to win in the last quarter and Grundy and De Goey came along too. Great kick by Billy to put us in front - he is a gun
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)

Hey Qld, what is Foxtel IQ? Do you pay extra for it, or is it part of Foxtel Play?

You pause rewind any live show or record anything and then rewatch it any time. I always record our games because some times you miss things as they happen and when you watch again you see stuff
I'm not sure if there's a extra cost we have the premium package and 3 set top boxes think it costs around $159.95 a month

Thanks
Ioannina 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:11 am

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
2 men down.
4 goals behind in the last
An opponent who needed the win for the 8.
Great win. Great guts.

Suck on that anti-Bucks.

Great win, but after 6 years we're 7-10 and 13th on the ladder.

If mediocrity is your benchmark, that's a beautiful set of figures.

Winning under those circumstances is far from mediocre.

Bucks coaching record having more wins than Thompson, Malthouse and Clarkson at the same stage of their careers is also far from mediocre. They won flags under each respectively and we will too, I'm sure. As they were prepared to see out the rough times, so am I.

Most coaches in history and all of the above took over sides whose previous coach was sacked because of poor on field results.

This wasn't the case with Buckley and not many get that luxury.

If you want to compare like for like then compare him to C.Scott who took over in similar circumstances and has a far superior record overall.

The side under Buckley has declined every year since the influence of the team of 2010/11 has waned.

Great win today against the odds but we've seen that type of performance before and yet we'll probably end up with less wins again than the previous season.

Hardly anything to gloat about.

Many people choose to ignore that Bucks took over a team, where most of the top players were at the end of their careers, including Jolly, Leroy, Ball, Dids, Johnno, Tarrant, Davis and, as it turned out Daisy and Cloke. Bucks stood by most of these players for a couple of seasons before realising we needed a complete re-build. Along the way, he has had to put up with instability and divisions within our footy department, evidenced by the revolving door policy toward our Director of footy position. Bucks also made a massive mistake in showing faith in Cloke, when he should have traded him 4 or 5 years ago. His rapid decline has left a massive hole in our forward line, one we still have not filled. Nevertheless, I can see the development of our young list and I reckon Bucks will lead us to Premiership glory in the not too distant future. But I don't expect to change your or anyone else opinion on this matter.

Unlike you however, I intend to gloat about today's win to all the Collingwood haters I know. Today, we stuck it up 'em. Go Pies!

before you write something think about it.....

collingwood in 2010 was the yougest team to win a premier..(the youngest since 1978)...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-was-on-the-verge-of-what-it-hoped-was-a-dynasty-after-2010-premiership-what-happened/news-story/88cd387bd9a6131c66f45144a5243c78

bucks demolished it...players left because of him...so cut the bulshit
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 am

Great post Jezza
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 am

You should read what Rudeboy wrote. The players he listed where at the end of their careers. They may have been part of a young team, but as Rudeboy sais where at the end! Their not on any AFL team list as I write this! Young blokes from that team like Sidey Pendles Reid Goldy Blair are still there! Hopefully i'll get to see a replay soon and enjoy the win!
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 am

Mossi wrote:

You should read what Rudeboy wrote. The players he listed where at the end of their careers. They may have been part of a young team, but as Rudeboy sais where at the end! Their not on any AFL team list as I write this! Young blokes from that team like Sidey Pendles Reid Goldy Blair are still there! Hopefully i'll get to see a replay soon and enjoy the win!

Who would know more about the potential of Collingwood's list at the end of 2011, RudeBoy, Kymbo or Mick Malthouse ?

Kymbo's seen 1 live game that Bucks has coached and thought Corey Gault, Jack Frost and Jesse White were going to save us.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:10 am

Watched the game and was wrapped then I have looked at highlights and De Goey package --IMO across the entire match the fumble and indirect use of bal was the most minimal I have seen resulting in a more confident style and result came

Frustrating with five games to go we show we are not complete rabble therday show they can actually matching it with a finals boun m showed we can competeedia would have you belive --De Goey and several more out there yesterday showed we are competitive

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 am

Watched the game and was wrapped then I have looked at highlights and De Goey package --IMO across the entire match the fumble and indirect use of bal was the most minimal I have seen resulting in a more confident style and result came

Frustrating with five games to go we show we are not complete rabble therday show they can actually matching it with a finals boun m showed we can competeedia would have you belive --De Goey and several more out there yesterday showed we are competitive

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I just watched the replay again (god I love Foxtel IQ & the wife being at her mothers for the weekend)

Hey Qld, what is Foxtel IQ? Do you pay extra for it, or is it part of Foxtel Play?

You pause rewind any live show or record anything and then rewatch it any time. I always record our games because some times you miss things as they happen and when you watch again you see stuff
I'm not sure if there's a extra cost we have the premium package and 3 set top boxes think it costs around $159.95 a month

Thanks

depends on the deal. i was paying $70 for the basic plus an extra box (1 IQ 1 not IQ) and drama and entertainment. i just negotiated a new deal with phone and triple the internet i was getting, and im getting what i had plus 3 months free AFL. (prtobably should have taken 3 months movies!!) and i saved a total of $50 a month of the combined package of phone, internet, foxtel, 2 year contact.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Are we still talking about % ?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I do believe that we were getting our obligatory late free kicks to even the ledger before the umpires actually realised we'd hit the front. By then it was too late to totally screw us all over again.

Not too far from the truth.
But anyhoo, a great fightback against the Weasels, Stevic, and those other two brainless shitheads with whistles in their gobs, who were simply putrid.

Greeny2968 wrote:
Great win - with only 19 players.

No Moore.
No Varcoe.
And Blair.

True; but let's look at why this happened - and tell me if i'm off the mark here:

Moore slips at front of pack, but still has Reid behind him as the marking target.
Not to be outdone, Fasolo has to play the hero and fly behind the pack, and it was his knee that Moore fell into? Players and coach numpty have all week to sort this shit out, and this happens on match day? Why does this happen?

So Wells takes a mark hemmed into the forward pocket for a shot on goal. And a tight angle, but I am confident with his experience and ability he can thread it [like he's paid to do]. But no - had to pass to Elliott with defenders bearing down on him, thus we lose possession of the ball up the wing, and Varcoe gets tunnelled and falls dislocating his elbow, and most likely ending his season. Great thinking Wells.

Which leaves us with Blair. Umm... where do I start? Okay - great pass to Elliott in the first quarter. No wait, that dribbled along the carpet like a brick. All good though - WCE pumped the ball down Kennedy's throat for a goal to give them the momentum back. See, the actual talented players capitalise on turnovers from shit players to enable their own teams to score. Doesn't matter though, Buck's little buddy will be back next week at the G to stink the joint up with his token 3 tackles and single figure disposal tally.

And Goldsack on Kennedy - huh? Was Dunn not a more practical match up size wise? Goldy had a crack, but that match-up was so out of his weight division it defied logic.

Really, Yeo should have sealed the game for WCE when he waltzed into goal only to hit the post; it was the only stroke of luck we got all afternoon.
It enabled that great fightback to continue; and if nothing else we demand four quarters of accountable effort each week, even when the disposal standard is it's usual sub-standard.

But we play to win as a priority - not for draft pick jockeying.
The last three rounds will knock us down a few pegs, to our advantage.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Massive effort by the side and led by JDG /Grundy / Crisp /Faz

And a mention for a bloke getting back to playing top footy like his first year

Our Tommy Langdon

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:53 pm

BazBoy wrote:

Our Tommy Langdon

I like the boy. Wink
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 pm

I thought Wills played an important role too, both in the midfield as well as up forward. He did a lot of grunt work inside packs which often goes unnoticed, but overall I thought his 15 disposal game was a good return after missing so much footy. He should get better each week now. Having some serious bulk and grunt around the packs is a good thing to have. Well done Rupe.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Our Tommy Langdon

I like the boy. Wink

Ever since I put him down he's been playing like Gary Ablett Jnr. Pity it hasn't worked for Jared Blair. Maybe this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: