Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Behind to us...

98-102

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Goal Collingwood, back in front!!!

104-102

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Was Tardrew
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Where's the siren when you need it lol
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:05 pm

3.9 so far in the last... come on!!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 pm

SIREN!

PIES HANG ON!!!

magpietragic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes! Thanks again!
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Hehehe great win to the boys, thank you for the updates MB.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Full Time.

Richmond 16.6.102
Collingwood 14.20.104

GOALS - Kirby 2, Cox 2, Keeffe 2, Phillips 2, White 2, Tardrew, Mayne, Lynch, Brown

OVER TO YOU!!!

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks it was like being there
You provide a fantastic service to provide updates on my second favorite team

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes I read MagpieBat all the time for updates. Sensational and puts the club to shame.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Cheers MB.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 pm

DT wrote:
Sensational and puts the club to shame.

??

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks MB. Nice to have multiple victories today.

Sounds like my man Phillips played well. Your thoughts on which players are likely to press for senior selection?

barrackers 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:41 am

Today seen a brisk morning, a gusty wind and some late rain with the 'pies entering the match with 4 late changes - Broomhead, Scharenberg, Aish and Pendlebury who will have to wait at least another week to notch VFL game 50 (CFC VFL game 46) all missing. The absences of Scharenberg and Pendlebury seen Close play his first game for the year, albeit in a foreign role as a defender. Thanks to Yarra City Council stickering over the Mon-Fri section of my usual car park just off Punt Rd I missed the first quarter seeking an alternative that wasn't limited to 2 hours. The second quarter seen the 'pies dominate kicking with a strong wind, but taking a leaf out of the senior side's habit we failed to capitalise on the scoreboard with 6.5. Conversely Richmond kicked 3 straight to limit what should have been a much greater lead. We started the third quarter where we left off, however again we couldn't apply scoreboard pressure as Richmond's defenders and some poor delivery and dropped marks meant our shots on goal dried up. Richmond continued to kick straight seemingly unable to miss and quickly got the better of the quarter. Compounding Richmond's dominance was our inability to clear defensive 50 with Richmond setting up well defensively across the ground between wing and half forward. Despite the rain that I thought would ruin any chance we had we slowly worked our way back into the match in the last quarter and regained the ascendancy in general play, however we certainly went the long way to eradicating the deficit will a string of behinds along with goals to Cox and Kirby. Thankfully Richmond started to miss too kicking 3 of their 6 behinds in the last quarter. Hunt quickly restored Richmond's lead, however thankfully Tardrew with his first goal for the club meant the magpies weren't to be denied coming away 2 point winners in a bizarrely long last quarter.

On Richmond's much better kicking for goal, yes they moved the ball better, but we were also very devoid of leadership down back with Scharenberg and Pendleberg not playing and McLarty being off and on after injury. Such was our lack of leadership in defence late in the last quarter the bench had to scream at Close and Cox to swap positions ensuring Cox was the loose man instead of our full back.

Phillips - played half forward pushing into the middle, a much improved performance this week and certainly put his name up for a recall as one of our best two

Smith - a good running game starting off half back, provided plenty of drive, but at the same time Richmond often went forward via his man, so he wasn't the close checking defender that would likely be required in a senior role

Ramsay - had a fair amount of footy, but looked to move it around more by hand than foot today

Cox - I had him our best along with Phillips in what was a dominate ruck performance that had Richmond supporters commenting he "should be in the seniors". With three of our starting mids missing from last week his ascendancy was much needed. Also had an impact when resting forward and on the rare times he was permitted to have a clear run at the footy took a couple of nice marks. On marking he also took an important strong defensive one as we looked to retain our lead in the last quarter.

Daicos - played up the ground again this week. A really poised player, doesn't panic and is silky especially in the clearances and coming away for congestion. On top of this he has great vision with a standout being his kick across 50 to find a teammate loose in the last quarter.

Brown - got a lot of midfield minutes this week and he's a real terrier in close where he's able to use good hands to extract the footy. Not sure if he's got the size to play as an inside extractor at AFL level, but he looks to be regaining touch.

Keeffe - provided a good contest up forward, albeit he didn't find much space

White - had a bit of a stinker in the forward line today dropping marks he'd usually take, however was much better when moved into the ruck in the last quarter to allow Cox more time forward and later filling the hole in defence. White certainly had a positive impact on the contest and our win in the last

Schade - a better game than last week, which wasn't hard. I liked that he looked to stand up for a teammate with a bit of aggression late in the last quarter, but truth be told it wasn't the best option with the game in the balance as he didn't kill the contest

Kirby - a tough day for him in a crowded forward line, but he never dropped his head and took his chances when they came. Not surprisingly for a small forward he's a confidence player who can quickly get a string of touches after a goal

Lynch - alternated with Cox in the ruck, but didn't get much footy. Although he gave up a free kick, it was good seeing him throw his weight around attempting to shepherd for a teammate in our forward 50.

Mayne - again played as a lead up forward, however didn't see much of the footy today

McLarty - injured early, off and on thereafter with little impact
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: