Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
If it ain't Howe then it should be. He's AA at the moment.

Howe didn't play in all of these games so that would be some accomplishment to score votes when you don't play.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 pm

BBHS wrote:
It's Gault

Close - but no cigar.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Another quiz question:

Scott Pendlebury has won 4 of the last 5 Copeland Trophies. Apart from him, only 1 Collingwood player has finished top 5 in the Copeland Trophy in the last 5 years, finishing 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th and 3rd. Name him.

Name who run 3rd 4th 5th in the last 4 Melbourne cups !!
Who run 3rd 4th 5th in the AFL those same years ??
It's a meaningless thing people only remember the winners
Since 2007 only 3 players have won a Copeland medal Pendles Swanny & who else ? It should be easy to remember people always remember a winner
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:49 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Another quiz question:

Scott Pendlebury has won 4 of the last 5 Copeland Trophies. Apart from him, only 1 Collingwood player has finished top 5 in the Copeland Trophy in the last 5 years, finishing 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th and 3rd. Name him.

Since 2007 only 3 players have won a Copeland medal Pendles Swanny & who else ? It should be easy to remember people always remember a winner

Beams only won it once. Same could happen this year with Sidebottom.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:01 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Another quiz question:

Beams only won it once. Same could happen this year with Sidebottom.

Pendles would be a short priced favourite only missing the rest of the season would change that. If he's ruled out then Adams Howe Trelaor Sidey and perhaps Grundy would be in with a chance but likely Adams and Howe next in line. If Elliott hadn't missed some weeks he would have been in the hunt as well.
Sidey's rounds 2-10 were only average since the bye he's been good but coming from a long long way back.
But Pendles is likely to miss 1 possibly 2 weeks so he will win his 6th and take his place in history next to the coach
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Interesting how perception gets in the way of facts.
Since the bye Sidey has probably been our most consistent player playing mostly quit good games. Prior to the bye in the first 10 weeks he polled votes in 4 games (including rounds 9 & 10) but polled only once from round 2 to 8 so in 7 rounds he polled once that's another side of his consistency on show there.
Since the Buckley era began from the bye until end of the season in 5years and 47 games he polled a total of 6 Brownlow votes and was never named best on ground again a tremendous run of consistently average to poor performances
He's in the prime of his career right now and should be showing the type of performances we have seen the past few weeks each and every week. Alas that's not the case his form along with the teams in general is up and down.
Pendles has won 5 copelands during the Buckley era and went 110 games of scoring more than 90 super coach points each and every week. That's 5 consecutive seasons of outstanding consistency unparalleled by any player
(Just for the record Sidey's consecutive game streak is 7)

When he wins a Copeland or can get double digits in Brownlow voting or win all Australian honours or figure in the voting in th coaches awards or AFLPA MVP voting then and only then can he lay any sort of claims to being anything close to resembling consistently good player. Until such time he will be just another run of the mill player who occasionally plays a above average game
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 pm

^^^ I look forward to reading you still saying that about Sidey when he is elevated to Legend status in the HoF.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ I look forward to reading you still saying that about Sidey when he is elevated to Legend status in the HoF.

I think I'm very safe there mate but if it ever happens I'll tip my hat to him and realise that the HOF has become a complete farce
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 pm

It's worth me observing, very politely at this point (since you are an old mate, Qld), that Paul Williams managed 306 AFL games, yet, in his 189 at Collingwood (more than Sidebottom will have played at the end of this year), he managed only a runner up and three thirds in the Copeland.

Greening came third twice. So has Sidey. QED.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm

P4S can you update me on how many coaches votes Sidey received yesterday please.
Those 5 touches in the second half (with 1 Clanger, 2 tackles, 0 1%ers, 0 score involvements, 0 inside 50's, 2 frees for 1 against, 0 rebound 50's, 1 clearance)
When the game was on the line to be won he went missing in a huge way.
Thankfully the captain in waiting in Adams the next super star of our side in JDG and the next vice captain in Grundy stepped up and led from the front in what can only be described as truely inspirational leaders performances

Mods can we please change this thread heading to its true accurate heading
Unparalleled overrated
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:09 pm

He carried the team on his back as an inside mid in the first half. He didn't warrant coaches votes, though, given the effort of others. Captained the side brilliantly, though, and stopped an Eagles run in its tracks with a Captain's Tackle late in the last. Did you see the way the players got around him when the team kicked the sealer? He's not my long-term choice for captain but I guess he'll lead every time Pendles is missing - at least until Tommy is ready to drive them to glory.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
He carried the team on his back as an inside mid in the first half. He didn't warrant coaches votes, though, given the effort of others. Captained the side brilliantly, though, and stopped an Eagles run in its tracks with a Captain's Tackle late in the last. Did you see the way the players got around him when the team kicked the sealer? He's not my long-term choice for captain but I guess he'll lead every time Pendles is missing - at least until Tommy is ready to drive them to glory.

Love your positive spin mate. Actually to be honest that tackle and Goldie's tackle on Petrie both were brilliant and turned momentum our way.
Mate I was really impressed with Faz kicking that sealing goal and it was great to see the acting captain be first there to embrace him showed leadership
I thought Adams really showed leadership qualities and played his best game for a while
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 am

I love the way Sidey leads, and I reckon it brings out the best in him too. He lets his passion and emotions show. I miss his big grin when he streams down the field. Back in the day when we wer up there ....
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 pm

So, we have 4 more weeks of Sidey's masterful leadership to come. Will they just leave him in the job next year - or will they make him captain/coach?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, we have 4 more weeks of Sidey's masterful leadership to come. Will they just leave him in the job next year - or will they make him captain/coach?

On a serious note now I think you will find from what I've been able to source the captaincy role is shared between Sidey and Adams with Sidey taking the toss last week. Checking back to the beginning of the season Buckely said the co vice captains would share the role on the field captaincy when Pendles was off or injured. At the press conference last week neither sat in but both took questions from the journo's in the rooms afterwards on behalf of the team which is usually the captains job.
I would say they are sharing the workload &'responsibility which I don't think is a bad thing to be able to support each other in Pendles absence

On the last part of your post if they make Sidey a non playing captain non coaching coach I think it would ideal for the club 😛😛😛😛
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 18 of 76   

Jump to: