Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL Executives "Resign"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've never worked anywhere that has explicit rules about it, it's always been a case of "as long as personal doesn't spill into work" it's OK. Mind you, getting jiggy with someone who reports to you should ring alarm bells for anyone with common sense, even if it's totally mutual and non-coersive.

Years ago I had a boss who's wife reported to him. Credit, he managed that well, there was never an indication of favourtism or impropriety.

I've got about 50 women reporting to me, either directly or one layer down and even though there's a few stunners in the pack I just wouldn't go there even if they initiated it. You just don't do it.

Having said that, i'm not sure why resignation was required. Bill Clinton didn't resign.

npalm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:02 pm

It appears to me that this all came to a head (if you'll pardon the expression) after Caroline Wilson published an article earlier this week reporting the affairs ( but without namining names). This seems to have forced the AFL to act and we've seen the consequences today.

I'm not normally critical of Caroline Wilson as she gets a bad enough time from the rednecks like Sam Newman. But why did this have to be dealt with publicly? What about some consideration for the wives and kids? Bad enough that they have to deal with all the pain of the affairs without it being dragged out in the press.

I'm sure Caroline would rationalise the public disclosure as being in the best interest of the AFL but its just a sporting code FFS.

It's not journalism its just gossip.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm sure Caroline would rationalise the public disclosure as being in the best interest of the AFL but its just a sporting code FFS.

It's not journalism its just gossip.[/quote]

Greg Chappell, Shane warne, Keith Miller, Wayne Carey, Tiger Woods. All accused of playing up. None damaged the brand. Why are administrators held to a different set of rules. The public do not have a need to know. Nor do they want to.

Caro may have burnt a number of sources as no one in the AFL hierarchy will trust her. The football journos had better keep the pants on because private matters are now ok.

McLachlan should have just said they have resigned to look for other challenges. Now every woman who works for or in the AFL under 30 will be under suspicion of being an adultress. Bloody good work. For someone who claims she has worked hard toget women into football mainstream she has just ruined it for every girl from players to switchboard operator to the canteen cleaner.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 am

For me this nails it:

....This is what the AFL calls respecting women? Looks like patronising moralism to me...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/17/this-is-what-the-afl-calls-respecting-women-looks-like-patronising-moralism-to-me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: