Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ruck Contest: Grundy v Witts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Live at the game Witts appeared to edge Grundy at times but once the ball hit the ground Grundy was far better.
We had to make a decision and I reckon we made the right one grundy offers far more around the ground
Healy made a comment yesterday that he thought Cox would get a job somewhere else as first ruck. Interesting he said he saw him as a ruckman first who could kick 15-20 goals a season resting forward at times.
With GWS loving a big body ruck and mummy coming towards the end maybe we could some how wrangle a trade sending Cox to GWS and them sending us Lobb or Paton or Cameron (yes I know we would have to throw more than Cox in) they have 2 more 200cm kids in there academy and they have to round there list down (47 back to 45) again this year along with there cap back to the same as all other club so we might some how grab a tall KPP
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:30 pm

GWS have Dawson Simpson on their list as their next Mummy, they wouldn't want Cox.

Personally i'd keep Cox if we can and I'd be looking to load up on KPP in the draft. We've got another Brown coming through Father Son and enough midfielders and HBF for 2 teams.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

I always liked Witts, but I prefer Grundy and they can't really play together. I do wish we'd gotten more for Witts as he was worth a hell of a lot more than a couple of mediocre picks
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
I always liked Witts, but I prefer Grundy and they can't really play together. I do wish we'd gotten more for Witts as he was worth a hell of a lot more than a couple of mediocre picks

Those mediocre picks landed us Calum Brown and Josh Daicos. Hopefully we will look back at this deal and consider it a steal! Wink
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
GWS wouldn't want him, they have Lobb.

I thought he beat Grundy for most of the day but Grundy lifted in the last in some crucial contests.

Overall, if we could only keep one, we made the right choice IMO, but Witts will do well.

I thought Witts beat Grundy for 3/4'rs but Grundy did some useful things in the last. Witts was dishing out handballs & taps to advantage to players like Ablett during the game.

According to the fox stats he has good HO to advantage this year. Be interesting to see what the HO to advantage were for this game.

16 posi's each, 42 hitouts each, 10 to advantage each
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Grundy has way more Upside then Witts.

Grundy was big part we won the Game in Last Qtr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: