Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Dons beat Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
I can name you 6 supporters of the 10 I go to footy with and they said they will not renew their memberships. These are people who have stood by the club through thick and thin for over 35 years. They've had enough of this slide. There's absolutely no improvement to give them hope and these people aren't fair weather supporters. Buckley and his coaching has truly tested their patience and they've had enough.

Count me IN.

Make that 7 out of 11.

My father was a member for over 50 years and gave up last year.
I've been a member for over 40 years and I'm out next year if Bucks doesn't leave in the next 7 weeks!

I don't really understand why people have hung in. I went to virtually every game for 50 years (including the whole of 1976) but gave up my Legends membership at the end of last year after not being able to bring myself to watch this rubbish live since the day Moore kicked 5 against Footscray. Two seasons later and the same rubbish is being dished up - just by successively less-talented players.

People hung in and supported Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot right to the end as well. Some times people commit so much emotionally that common sense and logic just disappears.

Quite often you see that people that have been the victims of con men refuse to believe it as well, even when all of the evidence is put before them. It must be hard to accept that you have been deceived.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Tezza commenting on WPT wrote:

We really miss a fit Sinclair Time"[/quote]

At least you gave us a laugh.. If sinclair had played Fantasia would have kicked 10. The guy has pace but nothing else and should be delisted at the end of the year[/quote]

WPT replied with suitable disdain while trying to clean up Tezza's less than competent quoting skills

We are all entitled to an opinion. Whether yours has any merit is entirely debatable. If they are as good as your quoting skills then I suspect not.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:19 pm

See, the CFC love fans like Kymbo handing over their money & expecting nothing in return, keeping quiet & making no ripples, renew year after year, no questions asked.
These poor performances year after year with no improvement, no repercussions, refusing to accept the Club is in dire need of a total rebuild.

NOTE: We are not RICH, promising the world yet delivering fk all!
We are supposed to be the best in the land & yet here we are, a laughing stock.

Take off your rose coloured glasses, how much more time does Buckley need to steer this Club to play Finals, let alone a Flag?

People are getting impatient, how long are we expected to wait, seriously?

HAW on the back of winning 3 in a row a year ago have begun their re-build & are already ahead of us, wake up & smell the coffee!
All well & good to stick by the Club through thick & thin but even the most hard core fan must surely be feeling the itch by now.

My questions are genuine questions btw, my intention is not to be a smart ass.
I refuse to accept mediocrity in such a powerful Club like ours.

We need to be playing Finals every year, with the facilities at our disposal & the cash flow we have, there is absolutely no reason we should be languishing at the bottom of the ladder.

I don't want excuses, I want results...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

Last edited by ANNODAM on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Here come the Buckley sycophants...

Feel better now do we, need a little burp over your parents shoulder?

What we need is a mature, rational and considered view of where we are at, of where we are going & what we need to do to rectify the current situation.

Because we're all disappointed with yesterday's result which then adds to our sense of powerlessness about our team failing can easily lead to making il informed & rash comment.

To that extent I suggest we sack the lot of 'em Wink Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
See, the CFC love fans like Kymbo handing over their money & expecting nothing in return, keeping quiet & making no ripples, renew year after year, no questions asked.
These poor performances year after year with no improvement, no repercussions, refusing to accept the Club is in dire need of a total rebuild.

NOTE: We are not RICH, promising the world yet delivering fk all!
We are supposed to be the best in the land & yet here we are, a laughing stock.

Take off your rose coloured glasses, how much more time does Buckley need to steer this Club to play Finals, let alone a Flag?

People are getting impatient, how long are we expected to wait, seriously?

HAW on the back of winning 3 in a row a year ago have begun their re-build & are already ahead of us, wake up & smell the coffee!
All well & good to stick by the Club through thick & thin but even the most hard core fan must surely be feeling the itch by now.

My questions are genuine questions btw, my intention is not to be a smart ass.
I refuse to accept mediocrity in such a powerful Club like ours.

We need to be playing Finals every year, with the facilities at our disposal & the cash flow we have, there is absolutely no reason we should be languishing at the bottom of the ladder.

I don't want excuses, I want results...
I am not wearing any clothes.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Greeny2968 wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
I can name you 6 supporters of the 10 I go to footy with and they said they will not renew their memberships. These are people who have stood by the club through thick and thin for over 35 years. They've had enough of this slide. There's absolutely no improvement to give them hope and these people aren't fair weather supporters. Buckley and his coaching has truly tested their patience and they've had enough.

Count me IN.

Make that 7 out of 11.

I've been a member for over 40 years and I'm out next year if Bucks doesn't leave in the next 7 weeks!

Soft.

I pay good money each week & want our team to do well. However I won't stop my membership because we are not doing well. I've been a member since Collingwood first formed 125 years ago and have not missed a match.

None of this fair-weather 40 year membership rubbish Wink Razz

Bucks is our coach
I wanted Malthouse to stay
When Buck's was appointed I supported him, he's our coach.
I've had more positions about Buckley's tenure than the Karma Sutra including feeling f*cked over, however I'm not going to chuck in the towel because i didn't get what I want.
However, how long do you give someone to determine if things are crook at Tallarook?
I suspect it is about time but best decisions are not made when emotions run high like they do now, the best decisions are made in the cool of day not so close to such a disappointing loss.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Tezza23 wrote:

At least you gave us a laugh.. If sinclair had played Fantasia would have kicked 10. The guy has pace but nothing else and should be delisted at the end of the year

Fantasia's greatest asset is his pace, aside from diving forward in a tackle and kicking straight he doesn't offer much else.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:26 pm

I wish we had some players as limited as that.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:

Count me IN.

Make that 7 out of 11.

Soft.

I pay good money each week & want our team to do well. However I won't stop my membership because we are not doing well. I've been a member since Collingwood first formed 125 years ago and have not missed a match.

Bucks is our coach
I've had more positions about Buckley's tenure than the Karma Sutra including feeling f*cked over, however I'm not going to chuck in the towel because i didn't get what I want.
However, how long do you give someone to determine if things are crook at Tallarook?
I suspect it is about time but best decisions are not made when emotions run high like they do now, the best decisions are made in the cool of day not so close to such a disappointing loss.

**** mate you look good for your age

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 pm

F'ing Goldstein. Misses from 15m to hand us a better draft pick.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Watched the game but have not until now had a chance to comment.What stood out was that our midfield was smashed out of the centre. Given that the midfield has clearly been a major focus of Buckley's coaching direction, and is also supposedly one of the best in te Afl, the flogging it got is indefensible. Moreover our midfield's minimal ability/willingness to run back defensively was glaring. Our erratic and aimless ball movement,coupled with such inaccuracy in delivering I50 meant that our attacking moves generally resulted in congested scrambles. Add to that the interminable succession of turnovers that we gifted them, it is remarkable that we were still in the game for so long.For me, the ultimate indictment came in the last quarter when team discilpline collapsed and we lost for a whileany adherence to structure. This could easily have led to a 10 goal blowout.The last quarter revealed a team bereft of confidence and cohesion.Watching us reduced to a rabble like this was devastating to watch. I am sorry,but this is a regression that can only be attributed to the atmosphere, team values, strategies that Buckley has had 6 years to establish. This cannot be allowed to go o.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:34 pm

Sad end to game 2500. But at least Buckley managed to steer us to win 1500 last year and now game 2500. Not exactly up there with his Norm Smith Medal, but a useful memento of his time at Collingwood.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
F'ing Goldstein. Misses from 15m to hand us a better draft pick.

Perhaps they're better at tanking than we are???
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:

Count me IN.

Make that 7 out of 11.

Soft.

Bucks is our coach

You do whatever you wish. That's your choice. In my case I have no problem continuing my membership when the club isn't doing well. I like to support the club through thick and thin. However there are limits to my membership. When the club forgets that the purpose of its existence is winning premierships and refuses to acknowledge that it is going down the wrong path and is unwilling to change, then it's time for myself to review my membership. I don't think I'm unique in this as shown by the empty members stand on Saturday.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
A lot of comments here saying we need to tank for draft picks. We are travelling beautifully for the best possible pick whilst trying so why tank?

Looks like we'll be getting #4, at worst.

Hawthorn's first pick is about #567.

Can we swap our first rounder to them for Clarkson??

get that flog as our coach and my memberships is done and dusted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: