Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters.

You don't understand why?

He says he doesn't care if Buckley is reappointed or not. That is fair enough. But every post from him comes down to reasons why Buckley should be reappointed, and makes the most illogical arguments to support his case. He even goes so far as to look for quotes to use out of context to support his argument. If he wants to support Buckley good luck to him. Some still do. But to maintain ridiculous positions, and then accuse people of being idiots if they do not agree with him, can only lead to one place.

Mooretreloar would be more credible if his posts were automatically erased after 5 minutes. At least he would not have to come back and edit them multiple times as he currently does.

He obviously watches a lot of football and can parrot what the media says but he doesn't understand the game or what is occurring around it. As an example, I have reproduced one of his posts below. You may recall that it is from his "what I have been told this week" topic. The comments that he made about Geelong and Hawthorn are especially funny.

"

Respectfully, it is MT complete right to put forward reasons why he thinks Buckley is not responsible for the current crisis, or at most only partly so. It is also MT's complete right to present arguments that might seem absurd to you.
I agree that MT should not be putting down others for holding differing views. However, at the very start, it was MT who was first subjected to harrassment, and he responded.
When MT first began posting, I was immediately attracted to his posts, not because I agreed with them, but because they presented a new perspective which I thought needed to be considered. I have replied to him many times, and have never encountered the slightest discourteousy from him, despite my evidently limited knowledge of the game. that is because I did not speak condescendingly to him, even though his views were challenging my take on reality.

I'm guessing your replies to MT were more in the"Yes Sir ,No Sir 3 bags full Sir" Bracket and he finds you acceptable because you give credence to his drivel.Try telling him that 'Skills and Game Plan" are the direct responsibility of the coach and staff.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 pm

mudlark wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
I really don't understand the bitter angst here between Mooretreloare and a set of other posters.

He says he doesn't care if Buckley is reappointed or not. That is fair enough. But every post from him comes down to reasons why Buckley should be reappointed, and makes the most illogical arguments to support his case. He even goes so far as to look for quotes to use out of context to support his argument. If he wants to support Buckley good luck to him. Some still do. But to maintain ridiculous positions, and then accuse people of being idiots if they do not agree with him, can only lead to one place.

Mooretreloar would be more credible if his posts were automatically erased after 5 minutes. At least he would not have to come back and edit them multiple times as he currently does.

He obviously watches a lot of football and can parrot what the media says but he doesn't understand the game or what is occurring around it. As an example, I have reproduced one of his posts below. You may recall that it is from his "what I have been told this week" topic. The comments that he made about Geelong and Hawthorn are especially funny.

"

Respectfully, it is MT complete right to put forward reasons why he thinks Buckley is not responsible for the current crisis, or at most only partly so. It is also MT's complete right to present arguments that might seem absurd to you.
I agree that MT should not be putting down others for holding differing views. However, at the very start, it was MT who was first subjected to harrassment, and he responded.
When MT first began posting, I was immediately attracted to his posts, not because I agreed with them, but because they presented a new perspective which I thought needed to be considered. I have replied to him many times, and have never encountered the slightest discourteousy from him, despite my evidently limited knowledge of the game. that is because I did not speak condescendingly to him, even though his views were challenging my take on reality.

I'm guessing your replies to MT were more in the"Yes Sir ,No Sir 3 bags full Sir" Bracket and he finds you acceptable because you give credence to his drivel.Try telling him that 'Skills and Game Plan" are the direct responsibility of the coach and staff.

And I am guessing that he might have insulted you because you immediately told him that what he was posting is drivel. I am not condoning his belittling of others, but he copped enormous flak right from the start for holding a contrary viewpoint, and I don't believe that such an atmosphere encourages a useful debate.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:44 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ source ?

His arse.

Arse sauce? Can't see it taking off....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Mugwump wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Yep ...iike getting up in a staff meeting and saying you don't like the boss or the way he is running the organisation.
Yep ..happens all the time.

Sure, but it is very possible to say nothing, or if directly questioned, to say something like "our job is to play football, and the coaching is a matter for others, but we all support Bucks."

These players went out of their way to send a message to the administration and the public about the fact that they want Buckley to stay. That does not mean that he should, but it's a factor the Board needs to take into account.

Is it? I mean, isn't that where we started to go wrong in 2011, when the players started throwing their weight about in regards to Malthouse staying on?

I don't know, I'm a bit uncomfortable with it to a certain degree, I mean its probably more likely than not that a new coach is coming (sometime), where does that leave Adams then?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:34 pm

^ id certainly say they would be unwise to ignore the express views of the players. Whether the players are wise to go out on a limb over it is debatable, but it is what it is. In the end, I guess they are supporting the current coach, but that does not mean that they will not support a new coach if it comes to that. It just adds a level of risk.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ id certainly say they would be unwise to ignore the express views of the players. Whether the players are wise to go out on a limb over it is debatable, but it is what it is. In the end, I guess they are supporting the current coach, but that does not mean that they will not support a new coach if it comes to that. It just adds a level of risk.

I agree but in that I think it's rare, most times (and specially with a list that's not a complete dud) things can turn around quite quickly. It may not be as quick as some hope due to our list being a bit same same for like and the need to recruit a KPF but not is all is lost imo, with the right people at the wheel things may turn around.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Apparently it's all Ben Reid's fault!

But Bucks also said he doesn't share in house info, but out of five games he's played we have one just one! Ok then. Guess he won't be chasing Sam!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

"

And I am guessing that he might have insulted you because you immediately told him that what he was posting is drivel. I am not condoning his belittling of others, but he copped enormous flak right from the start for holding a contrary viewpoint, and I don't believe that such an atmosphere encourages a useful debate.

He is Borish. Never wrong.Everything he says is 100% right and if you don't agree ,you are a Moron,Knucklehead,Know nothing about the game,Et Al. He could never insult me. Contrary viewpoints are fine.I love a good debate, but no one tells me how to think or what I know about footy, which I have been playing and supporting for the best part of 60 years, as have many others on the site.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 pm

think positive wrote:
Apparently it's all Ben Reid's fault!

But Bucks also said he doesn't share in house info, but out of five games he's played we have one just one! Ok then. Guess he won't be chasing Sam!

I can't believe he said that to the media. Great for Reidy to be watching the news tonight and seeing that. Good coach though!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 pm

^ I was surprised, but it seems that Reid had been leaking to the media and he was, after all, responding to that. Still, he could have handled it better.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ I was surprised, but it seems that Reid had been leaking to the media and he was, after all, responding to that. Still, he could have handled it better.

Leaking to the media? I didn't hear that.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 pm

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Leaking to the media? I didn't hear that.

Seems a journo got hold of Ben's disappointment at being dropped and the reasons he was given for the axing from the first XXII.

There is no claim that the leak came from Ben, could have been a friend, family or teammate, anyone.
Furthermore I don't recall Ben Reid ever holding the club to ransom threatening to go to North Melbourne.

The fact that some supporters on here immediately blame an all-australian player's disappointment for the sloppy, childish and catty Buckley media performance is typical of the 6-year blind defence of this failed coach.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:20 pm

There was some crap on Footy Classifieds claiming that the recruiting dept. , who are courting Sam, were pissed off with Bucks for dropping Ben.

Sounds like total BS to me.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 am

I just watched the last quarter and I was gobsmacked at the lack of a 50m penalty for Fasolo when Burton was pinged for hands in the back on the 50, and Burton then simply placed the ball on the ground rather than handing it back. It was injury related, but the rules are that a failure to pass the ball back to the player in possession commands 50m. I am surprised this has not been commented upon more. It was a critical moment.
slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:25 am

Mugwump wrote:
I just watched the last quarter and I was gobsmacked at the lack of a 50m penalty for Fasolo when Burton was pinged for hands in the back on the 50, and Burton then simply placed the ball on the ground rather than handing it back. It was injury related, but the rules are that a failure to pass the ball back to the player in possession commands 50m. I am surprised this has not been commented upon more. It was a critical moment.

Absolutely spot on.
I noticed it during the game and was not happy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16   

Jump to: