Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ROB 



Joined: 13 Sep 2016
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wills needs a few weeks to get some match fitness back in to him - been out a while.
_________________
Toby for President
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
matrix10 



Joined: 17 May 2009


PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was the perfect storm for a loss.

1. We had been robbed of victory in our last game- team had been up for 5 weeks and mental impact of dropping a game that effectively killed the season cannot be underestimated.

2. We play shit after the bye

3. Port had been absolutely pantsed by the Bombres prior to heading into their bye- this would have stung them like buggery (yes- I agree, our team should have been smarting from Melb loss- but psychology is a funny thing)

4. Port's game style matches up well against ours- bigger bodies around the midfield and everywhere else on the ground.

5. Umpiring was disgraceful (please dont quote free stats Donny or anyone else- anyone who quotes stats proves they were not at the game and have zero idea about context)

6. we are Collingwood- it's what we do!

In an ideal world we would have played them as the bombers did- we have a similar team set up to bombers- they are more daring.

The game was similar to the early rounds of this year- backline did an amazing job considering the ball coming in- yet we could barely get it past the wing.

When we did- dumb decision making killed us.

Players went slowly when we needed to get it into 50 quick- and went quick when no one was there or we were outnumbered.

Midfield was absolutely rubbish- Trealor, Adams and Sidebottom were horrible in the first half. Thank god for Pendles, although he had his quiet patches.

Langdon needs to get on Ice - I;m only half joking- he plays like he's drilled 20 pre-game bongs with a few Xanax for afters. Also- get a bloody haircut or go to Carlton.

Brown really struggled- but worth a few more weeks.

Crocker - has a rubber chest and seems to look for the cheap ones- still reckon he could be a player- yet needs a team firing and forwards cannot be balmed for yesterday- they got crap supply.

Fas was excellent- kept us in it in the first half- always made a contest and worked his ring off.

Those who bronx cheered Darcy should go and follow another team- as stated- forwards cannot be blamed when supply as bad as it was- and the one thing i love about Darcy is that even when things arent going his way- he at least looks like he gives a f$%&.

Adams needs to give himself a serve- hate players who point fingers at others.
Trealor needs to remember he is not Pendles- he is a gut running beast with limited foot/hand skills- stop the sidebottom-esque cute ove rthe head handballs.
Sidebottom is the most frustrating player - first half was absolutely smashed - to his credit he had a great second half.

Grundy and Howe (and Dunn to a lesser extent) are our heart and soul- both dont stop working and will themselves to every contest.

Aish should stick by them at training (and eat some meat!)

The other players who at least look like they gave a shit were: Maynard, Greenwood, Phillips and Goldy

Tough road home form here- but still reckon Buck's is the man for the job.
The one saving grace was seeing the whole team run to Callum Brown after his goal- clearly the players are united.

Go pies
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Cruisinwithdids 



Joined: 20 Sep 2016


PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In short we are simply not good enough. Calling on Chris Mayne or any other proven dud in the 2's will not save our season. We are 5 and 8. We are simply not good enough. Our coach makes new excuses every week. We need to fess up now that we are not going to play finals and move to playing young players that we see as being fully ready next year. We try hard but have proven we are below the standard and we get out coached more often than not. Our club blames the forward line for poor goal kicking, but our mid field is constantly over possessing the ball prior to forward entries, and out forwards rarely run at the ball carrier. Our small forwards, other than Elliot do not fight to keep the ball in. The place needs an over haul after 6 years of consistent decline. We shouldn't be protecting a favourite son, bacause the club is bigger than that.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
E wrote:
honestly, we have the game plan, we have the intensity, we have the spirit, we have the class behind the ball and around the ball.

what we are missing is enough talent in the forward line to convert.

today we played against a team who is clearly on a collision course with at least a prelim final. We matched them in EVERY facet of the game but two.

1. they have a little more speed than we do which enabled them to grab a few goals from breakaways. this was a small point.

2. They have unbelievablly classy forwards. No need to mention robbie gray (that is just stating the obvious). The also have Chalie Dixon and Trengove. Dixon is a super classy forward. one f the best in the comp. terngove is more service like, but he can makrk a ball and you need guys like that for when you kick it long to a contest. Havent even mentioned westhoff who is also a gun (but didnt play well today).

In place of that we have Moore (developing well but boy could he improve his awareness) and elliot (not on the ground). Faz was terrific today, but no-one can do it alone. did you notice that Moore played better when Reid moved forward. Its not that Reid did much, but he created options up there. SUCH a shame his body wont allow that to be a permanent move.


Yep, stuck out like dogs balls yesterday, the Port forward line functioned wel, ours was woeful mainly. We left midway thru last qtr, before darcy kicked a few. Darcy needs help, granted, we badly miss Elliott and his zip, and even varcoe swooping down. In the trades , if hes available, offer sam reid an offer he cannot refuse in the short term., and in the main draft, long term, our first pick, pick four I believe, must go on a big KPP young kid for the forward line, hopefully in a good draft, one of the best forward prospects available. Our backs are good, we are still the only team that has not been smashed once this season, just five goals worst loss, even the crows lost by twelve goals. our mids are great, we just need to liven up the forward line, by the suggestions above, or maybe other suggestions by you blokes. Idea

I'm with you on this one. Sam Reid is within our grasp of playing with us next year for no cost other than his salary. I estimate our draft pick will come about 4-6. That should bring us a top KPP unless Hine goes for another athletic type who lacks basic football skills. I'm also pinning a lot of hopes on McCarthy developing into a fine tall forward/ back up ruckman. I'd give White another year as well. So our KPP stocks should improve next year. I don't believe we are far away from being a top side next year, but please, never again play Greenwood at FF and Fasolo at CHF. You might as well throw the towel into the ring.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
E 



Joined: 05 May 2010


PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

matrix10 wrote:
Yesterday was the perfect storm for a loss.

1. We had been robbed of victory in our last game- team had been up for 5 weeks and mental impact of dropping a game that effectively killed the season cannot be underestimated.

2. We play shit after the bye

3. Port had been absolutely pantsed by the Bombres prior to heading into their bye- this would have stung them like buggery (yes- I agree, our team should have been smarting from Melb loss- but psychology is a funny thing)

4. Port's game style matches up well against ours- bigger bodies around the midfield and everywhere else on the ground.

5. Umpiring was disgraceful (please dont quote free stats Donny or anyone else- anyone who quotes stats proves they were not at the game and have zero idea about context)

6. we are Collingwood- it's what we do!

In an ideal world we would have played them as the bombers did- we have a similar team set up to bombers- they are more daring.

The game was similar to the early rounds of this year- backline did an amazing job considering the ball coming in- yet we could barely get it past the wing.

When we did- dumb decision making killed us.

Players went slowly when we needed to get it into 50 quick- and went quick when no one was there or we were outnumbered.

Midfield was absolutely rubbish- Trealor, Adams and Sidebottom were horrible in the first half. Thank god for Pendles, although he had his quiet patches.

Langdon needs to get on Ice - I;m only half joking- he plays like he's drilled 20 pre-game bongs with a few Xanax for afters. Also- get a bloody haircut or go to Carlton.

Brown really struggled- but worth a few more weeks.

Crocker - has a rubber chest and seems to look for the cheap ones- still reckon he could be a player- yet needs a team firing and forwards cannot be balmed for yesterday- they got crap supply.

Fas was excellent- kept us in it in the first half- always made a contest and worked his ring off.

Those who bronx cheered Darcy should go and follow another team- as stated- forwards cannot be blamed when supply as bad as it was- and the one thing i love about Darcy is that even when things arent going his way- he at least looks like he gives a f$%&.

Adams needs to give himself a serve- hate players who point fingers at others.
Trealor needs to remember he is not Pendles- he is a gut running beast with limited foot/hand skills- stop the sidebottom-esque cute ove rthe head handballs.
Sidebottom is the most frustrating player - first half was absolutely smashed - to his credit he had a great second half.

Grundy and Howe (and Dunn to a lesser extent) are our heart and soul- both dont stop working and will themselves to every contest.

Aish should stick by them at training (and eat some meat!)

The other players who at least look like they gave a shit were: Maynard, Greenwood, Phillips and Goldy

Tough road home form here- but still reckon Buck's is the man for the job.
The one saving grace was seeing the whole team run to Callum Brown after his goal- clearly the players are united.

Go pies


Moore is a lot of people's favoritie player. me included. this is the second time he has been the victim of Bronx cheers. Just like the first time, it was completely deserved. He just could clunk marks yesterday. Dropped some sitters and just wasnt up to grade when the game mattered. And sadly, since he is about the only genuine marking option, if he aint marking them, we are screwed. So he deserved it and he got it. Unlike you, he responded well to them and improved after the game was lost. like you'd expect from an up and coming champion.

I love him and i bronx cheer him when he deserves it. the boy needs to find consistent excellent form to be a star of the comp (which i think he can be) and more importantly, i think he needs a little better game awareness. he does as many boneheaded things as any player in the team and it has now cost us victory against GWS AND cost us our momentum in the Port game.

_________________
The above reflects the opinions of the author and should not be considered a direct attack against you. It just means that in my opinion, you are wrong!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
MJ23 



Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We had too many passengers and not enough grunt in our midfield. I think Greenwood should be used solely as a tagger each week. De Goey should be given much, much more time in the midfield and the following changes should be made to our team.

Out: Crocker, Brown, Aish, Langdon, Broomhead

In: Cox, Mayne, Wills, Kirby, Ramsay.


Wills and Mayne for Crocker and Aish are the only two I'd make at the moment, assuming Elliot's not ready.


Wills first game back after a long lay-off. Would give him more time.

Crocker, Brown out. Brown has had two games to look at it. Has some things to work on which will be good for him. Did Not lay a tackle.
Need to give Mayne another shot or why have him. All he can do is perform to push for selection which he has done. The other in would come from either Cox, Sharrenburg, Ramsay depending on Hawkes match ups.

_________________
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
matrix10 wrote:
Yesterday was the perfect storm for a loss.

1. We had been robbed of victory in our last game- team had been up for 5 weeks and mental impact of dropping a game that effectively killed the season cannot be underestimated.

2. We play shit after the bye

3. Port had been absolutely pantsed by the Bombres prior to heading into their bye- this would have stung them like buggery (yes- I agree, our team should have been smarting from Melb loss- but psychology is a funny thing)

4. Port's game style matches up well against ours- bigger bodies around the midfield and everywhere else on the ground.

5. Umpiring was disgraceful (please dont quote free stats Donny or anyone else- anyone who quotes stats proves they were not at the game and have zero idea about context)

6. we are Collingwood- it's what we do!

In an ideal world we would have played them as the bombers did- we have a similar team set up to bombers- they are more daring.

The game was similar to the early rounds of this year- backline did an amazing job considering the ball coming in- yet we could barely get it past the wing.

When we did- dumb decision making killed us.

Players went slowly when we needed to get it into 50 quick- and went quick when no one was there or we were outnumbered.

Midfield was absolutely rubbish- Trealor, Adams and Sidebottom were horrible in the first half. Thank god for Pendles, although he had his quiet patches.

Langdon needs to get on Ice - I;m only half joking- he plays like he's drilled 20 pre-game bongs with a few Xanax for afters. Also- get a bloody haircut or go to Carlton.

Brown really struggled- but worth a few more weeks.

Crocker - has a rubber chest and seems to look for the cheap ones- still reckon he could be a player- yet needs a team firing and forwards cannot be balmed for yesterday- they got crap supply.

Fas was excellent- kept us in it in the first half- always made a contest and worked his ring off.

Those who bronx cheered Darcy should go and follow another team- as stated- forwards cannot be blamed when supply as bad as it was- and the one thing i love about Darcy is that even when things arent going his way- he at least looks like he gives a f$%&.

Adams needs to give himself a serve- hate players who point fingers at others.
Trealor needs to remember he is not Pendles- he is a gut running beast with limited foot/hand skills- stop the sidebottom-esque cute ove rthe head handballs.
Sidebottom is the most frustrating player - first half was absolutely smashed - to his credit he had a great second half.

Grundy and Howe (and Dunn to a lesser extent) are our heart and soul- both dont stop working and will themselves to every contest.

Aish should stick by them at training (and eat some meat!)

The other players who at least look like they gave a shit were: Maynard, Greenwood, Phillips and Goldy

Tough road home form here- but still reckon Buck's is the man for the job.
The one saving grace was seeing the whole team run to Callum Brown after his goal- clearly the players are united.

Go pies


Moore is a lot of people's favoritie player. me included. this is the second time he has been the victim of Bronx cheers. Just like the first time, it was completely deserved. He just could clunk marks yesterday. Dropped some sitters and just wasnt up to grade when the game mattered. And sadly, since he is about the only genuine marking option, if he aint marking them, we are screwed. So he deserved it and he got it. Unlike you, he responded well to them and improved after the game was lost. like you'd expect from an up and coming champion.

I love him and i bronx cheer him when he deserves it. the boy needs to find consistent excellent form to be a star of the comp (which i think he can be) and more importantly, i think he needs a little better game awareness. he does as many boneheaded things as any player in the team and it has now cost us victory against GWS AND cost us our momentum in the Port game.

Put yourself in the shoes of Darcy Moore. You're a beanpole forward/ruckman and you take the field against hardened seasoned opposition players who weigh twice your weight. You go anywhere near the ball they flatten you. You have few teammates around you with the weight and height to protect you. You're expected to carry the forward line as well as take over the ruck when Grundy goes off the ground. Instead of supporters giving him bronx cheers we should all be cheering him off the ground for the great job he does.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 

"Phil had more talent in his little finger than both Abletts combined displayed in their entire careers"


Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand Bronx cheering our own players. I do enjoy mocking the opposition but that's quite a different thing. Moore is going to be up and down for a while, yet and - let's be blunt - he has no protection and no serious tall support in the forward line.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
BBHS Cancer



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Location: Doreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

For a team that goes as it's pressure game goes 57 tackles was never going to get the job done. Got lost over possessing the ball. Hopefully can learn something about when to hold and when to attack. Port did a good job shutting down the game style we had established in the last few weeks. Hopefully a few weeks only required to get going again.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
MJ23 



Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
For a team that goes as it's pressure game goes 57 tackles was never going to get the job done. Got lost over possessing the ball. Hopefully can learn something about when to hold and when to attack. Port did a good job shutting down the game style we had established in the last few weeks. Hopefully a few weeks only required to get going again.


Spot on

Zero tackles
Brown
Dunn
Crisp
Reid

One tackle
Degoey
Broomhead

Two tackles
Fas
Crocket
WHE
Goldy

at the same time Pendles has 7, Phillips has 6

5 of those players played roles in the forward line.
Goldy the only one deserves a pass on history and the injury he sustained.

_________________
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
mudlark 



Joined: 19 Mar 2002
Location: Maroochydore Qld

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mgh3536 wrote:
not sure which game some blokes were watching...Langdon was horrid.

Philips, Broomhead, Crocker would not get a game in any other AFL team.

Moore spends more time on the floor.

Port Adelaide physically mauled us, demonstrably stronger that Collingwood.

No flow and the kick from half back forward was a horror show.

The dinky 1 metre hot potato handball just sells other players into trouble.

we were crap with very few if any redeeming features........

Cannot agree more than what you have said here.Brown should not have played against this opposition either. Too young and small.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.


Joined: 17 Mar 2003


PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost it, MR Merriman also stated that Cricket Australia was concerned that any such speculation would distract from what will be Stephen Waugh's farewell tour. Are we still talking about Kicking sideways and and over using the ball to turn it over ?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group