Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
I'm sick of hearing of the fkn dreaded bye!
Fk that! We have a bye & a week later we lose, yet when other teams come up against us after their bye - they're fresh, so which is it?

This is where we're at folks, we are shit, we are bottom 8 & are 5-6yrs away at least.

You can safely book your September holidays for the next 4yrs. Guaranteed!

Recent history proves the opposite. But feel free to book your holidays!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:59 am

We had too many passengers and not enough grunt in our midfield. I think Greenwood should be used solely as a tagger each week. De Goey should be given much, much more time in the midfield and the following changes should be made to our team.

Out: Crocker, Brown, Aish, Langdon, Broomhead

In: Cox, Mayne, Wills, Kirby, Ramsay.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Langdon and Broomhead did fine. I agree with the other three.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pretty clear to me that in order to make and win in finals, we need at least 2 tall forwards.

We have a good defence and midfield but to win games you have to score goals. Against a team like Port which also has a good defence and midfield, the forward line is the difference. If our midfield can't get the time and space to pinpoint a kick to a small forward, they're banging on their heads which is serving it up to the opposition defenders on a silver platter if we don't have tall marking options.

White is not a contested marking option. Cross him off the list. So the options are:

Reid who's body can't take it and is better in defence
Keeffe who is not and never has been a forward
Cox who can play forward and will at least make a contest
One of the 2 macs running round in the VFL, neither of whom are ready.

i agree, but the truth is that of the list you mentioned, the only one who could possibly fill the role is White. Cox cant play AFL footy as too much else is demanded of an AFL footballer (that he dont got) that is not required at VFL level.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Warrenerra

Your back off them today I see lol. When we win your all over the boys but as soon as they lose your kicking them to the kerb. I think that Katy Perry song Hot and Cold was written about you! Your as soft as butter!

<snip> I call it as I see it. We're ordinary and have been for years. It's a shame people like you don't realise that. If you want to buy into the bullshit rhetoric the club sells you then go right ahead but I for one refuse to and believe the club is going backwards. This will be another wasted year. We are not improving. Our skill errors are appalling, our judgement is average, decision making is questionable and it has been for years, but go on - you keep waving your flag with your mate Eddie.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:55 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Warrenerra

Your back off them today I see lol. When we win your all over the boys but as soon as they lose your kicking them to the kerb. I think that Katy Perry song Hot and Cold was written about you! Your as soft as butter!

<snip> I call it as I see it. We're ordinary and have been for years. It's a shame people like you don't realise that. If you want to buy into the bullshit rhetoric the club sells you then go right ahead but I for one refuse to and believe the club is going backwards. This will be another wasted year. We are not improving. Our skill errors are appalling, our judgement is average, decision making is questionable and it has been for years, but go on - you keep waving your flag with your mate Eddie.

someone else wisely noted that this was really the first game where it looked like we were playing against a better team (and even in this game we were in this until Moore had a brain freeze that killed our momentum in the third). That has not bee the case the past 2 years. that alone should show you that we are getting better.

i agree that this team cant win a flag. but all we need is one or two more marking targets up forward and i would like to see how this team will go....

Sadly, i fear that the next 5 years are going to be all about GWS! they are still so young and they just keep adding top 10 talent.

sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:03 pm

All the Langdon hate is bizarre. More than a year out injured, back for two games and supporters have dropped of him already. He was outclassed one on one v Robbie Gray. So? Every defender is. When switched to Aaron Young he was fine (and Young torched us with 4 or 5 goals last year, remember?).
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Some of the overreactions and observations on this site after a loss have to be seen to be believed and include:
- we are no good,
- we need to rebuild,
- our player development is poor,
- sack the coach,
- we are too small.

The same team, Collingwood, lost to the top side by 3 points. We beat the 4th side. We lost to the 5th side by 4 points.

We were beaten by a better side on the day, no more, no less. A side that after missing a grand final in 2014 by less than a kick, were tipped by most experts to win the 2015 flag, but failed to make finals in 2015 and 2016, which should tell posters how even the competition is.

In the grand scheme of things, all yesterday was another game in the development of our young team. I am aware that in the emotion of a loss things can get blown out of proportion, but just keep remembering the big picture.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
I'm sick of hearing of the fkn dreaded bye!
Fk that! We have a bye & a week later we lose, yet when other teams come up against us after their bye - they're fresh, so which is it?

This is where we're at folks, we are shit, we are bottom 8 & are 5-6yrs away at least.

You can safely book your September holidays for the next 4yrs. Guaranteed!

I will be in Europe this September - for the whole month.

Booked the trip 2 years ago. I knew Coach Clueless would still be here, and I knew we would be exactly where we are now.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

E wrote:
honestly, we have the game plan, we have the intensity, we have the spirit, we have the class behind the ball and around the ball.

what we are missing is enough talent in the forward line to convert.

today we played against a team who is clearly on a collision course with at least a prelim final. We matched them in EVERY facet of the game but two.

1. they have a little more speed than we do which enabled them to grab a few goals from breakaways. this was a small point.

2. They have unbelievablly classy forwards. No need to mention robbie gray (that is just stating the obvious). The also have Chalie Dixon and Trengove. Dixon is a super classy forward. one f the best in the comp. terngove is more service like, but he can makrk a ball and you need guys like that for when you kick it long to a contest. Havent even mentioned westhoff who is also a gun (but didnt play well today).

In place of that we have Moore (developing well but boy could he improve his awareness) and elliot (not on the ground). Faz was terrific today, but no-one can do it alone. did you notice that Moore played better when Reid moved forward. Its not that Reid did much, but he created options up there. SUCH a shame his body wont allow that to be a permanent move.

Yep, stuck out like dogs balls yesterday, the Port forward line functioned wel, ours was woeful mainly. We left midway thru last qtr, before darcy kicked a few. Darcy needs help, granted, we badly miss Elliott and his zip, and even varcoe swooping down. In the trades , if hes available, offer sam reid an offer he cannot refuse in the short term., and in the main draft, long term, our first pick, pick four I believe, must go on a big KPP young kid for the forward line, hopefully in a good draft, one of the best forward prospects available. Our backs are good, we are still the only team that has not been smashed once this season, just five goals worst loss, even the crows lost by twelve goals. our mids are great, we just need to liven up the forward line, by the suggestions above, or maybe other suggestions by you blokes. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Watching the channel 7 show this morning and Leigh Mathews made the point about not having running half backs. When I was watching the game yesterday it seemed pretty obvious we got stopped out on the wings too often - maybe having Varcoe back in would help and having forwards demanding the ball (we seem to be too nervous kicking into the forward 50 ) could help out
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:27 pm

not sure which game some blokes were watching...Langdon was horrid.

Philips, Broomhead, Crocker would not get a game in any other AFL team.

Moore spends more time on the floor.

Port Adelaide physically mauled us, demonstrably stronger that Collingwood.

No flow and the kick from half back forward was a horror show.

The dinky 1 metre hot potato handball just sells other players into trouble.

we were crap with very few if any redeeming features........
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:26 pm

E wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
We started the game a beaten side and ended the game a beaten side. Did not fire a single shot today, looked lethargic and disinterested and outright intimidated and scared to have a crack at the Power. Where was the dare and courage to take the game on, to run the lines and ask questions of your opponent? Where was the positive attitude to play hard and make your opponent beat you and earn their victory? We rolled over from the opening bounce and didn't give a yelp. Pathetic.

you can only play as well as your opposition will allow. Port are a menacing team.

Menacing? Well, I suppose they are when they are playing us but that says more about us than them. So far this year Port have not been good enough to beat a team that is currently in the eight. Despite that, they completely dominated us.

I would hate to be a forward in our team. Our backs and mids stuff around with the ball and move it so slowly. Yes we are a low scoring team, but most of the blame lies elsewhere than in the forward line. Whether that is a Buckley issue or an assistant coaching issue I don't know, but Buckley at least will lose his job because of it.

In terms of watching football to enjoy the game, I can't believe that I now enjoy watching some other teams play rather than ours. Watching us just makes me frustrated. Posters on here raved about our first quarter against the Sydney rookies, but even then it was a chip it around, keep possession, don't score much brand of football. I suppose when you are used to seeing so little that is watchable you will cling to anything.

I don't know who the new coach will be next year, but I hope he will be able to develop a system to move the ball quickly and to get the players to buy into that. The players are there to challenge for the finals (which would still make us only a mediocre team) but that is a lot better than has been served up over previous years.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Greeny2968 wrote:
Time to bring in some in-form players!

Greeny,

We cannot do that.

We are only allowed to select players that are on our list. We can't just select players from other clubs lists, as much as we would like to.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We had too many passengers and not enough grunt in our midfield. I think Greenwood should be used solely as a tagger each week. De Goey should be given much, much more time in the midfield and the following changes should be made to our team.

Out: Crocker, Brown, Aish, Langdon, Broomhead

In: Cox, Mayne, Wills, Kirby, Ramsay.

Wills and Mayne for Crocker and Aish are the only two I'd make at the moment, assuming Elliot's not ready.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: