Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies outpowered - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick a fork in this lot. Going nowhere. Will struggle to win more than a couple of games for the rest of the season because other teams are going right past them. Draft picks will be wasted on topping up again in the hope Buckley can reverse the slide next year because Ed will never accept he got it wrong. This mess won't be solved inside 10 years. What a rabble. No good unless their backs are against the wall and they have nothing to lose. As soon as they are playing for something they **** it up because they play like they are scared to fail. And that is summed up by poor skills, poor disposal, poor decision making and slow, indecisive and insipid play. The brand of footy Collingwood stands for is shit house. Games like Freo a couple of weeks ago are the exception that prove rule. They will finish 16th cos they are an awful football team.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:52 pm

And they select Langdon against a future of the club who had prior to AFL inclusion 80% + disposal effiency
Langdon for the most part gets ball but does stuff all to increase our chance to get a scoring movement

BazBoy 

And they select Langdon against a future of the club who had prior to AFL inclusion 80% + disposal effiency ---S
Langdon for the most part gets ball but does stuff all to increase our chance to get a scoring movement

BazBoy 

And they select Langdon against a future of the club who had prior to AFL inclusion 80% + disposal effiency ---S

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

bally12 wrote:
Port knew they could get us out the back, by isolating Gray and Impey on our slow defenders. They did it last time, why not again. They pushed their defence deeper often having 2 or 3 extras, clogging our forward line and breaking from stoppages with pace into an open forward line.

I knew this would happen before the match. What was Buckley's response? He was happy to keep our forwards deep, and play the 2010 forward-pressure/territory game, which results in low-quality opportunities. This style isn't conducive to a dominant midfield, as every time the mids look up they see a crowd in the forward line. It's more conducive to rugby to be honest. Take your "inside 50's" and shove them up your ar#e Bucks.

Sure, play this game if you think it suits the opposition we're playing, and if you think we have players that can stick a tackle. Not this time. Essendon sling-shotted Port into oblivion. What do our monkey-brain coaches do? The opposite. Had enough of this sh#t. Had enough of rubbish teams like Port bending us over on our home ground without us giving a yelp. The umps alone do a good enough job of this. The truth is the game was dusted after 10mins.

So do you reckon we can sign him up for anothet 2 years?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:05 pm

It was a strange decision not to include Ramsay this week. He was very good in the VFL last week - we had an obvious pace problem with Port's forwards and he is the one who does have the requisite pace. Anyway, spilt milk, I suppose.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Both he and Shaz got accolade,s for excellent defence against Port Melbourne
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Whether you think Bucks should be coach or not I think he was spot on in the presser today. It looked like boys against men. We got bullied

This I find quite strange.
He picks Callam Brown who looks like a school kid.
We all know that PA is a strong mature side and strength will largely determine the outcome.
So why pick the skinny little kid that doesn't even has much pace.
Why not pick Mayne or god forbid Blair? Both have mature bodies.
The only reason you would pick Brown would be to get games into him.
So if you are rebuilding pick Brown and if you are wanting to get to the finals pick Mayne or Blair or some other mature body.
Bux has no strategy about anything.
Next week he will go for Cox and this is after his experiment of going for a midget forward line.
WTF is going on!

Last edited by thompsoc on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Added to these let downs are the upside of the two members of the 16 flags club
Just when I thought good these sides are miles away from a flag we are in a good spot to draw level then surge ahead

Now I am not as sure as I was

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Not bad considering we only played 45 minutes of football

gah

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Season in a nutshell. Get so much of the ball, over use it but a woeful forward structure that results in poor conversion.

At least we will get a high draft pick. Will probably be bottom 4.

We will probably only win another 2-3 games this year.

New coach will have something to work with.

Great to see Grundy taking grabs around the ground. Mids continue to rack up stats but too much messing around with it.

Yep. We muck around with the Ball Way to Much and Today Refused to take the Game on like we had for the Month before the Bye.

Grundy took 8 Marks which is Promising

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
VFL Today
Cox 5 goals
Mayne 4 goals
Kirby 3 goals

So our Forward Line was playing in the VFL?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
If Port are average, then we're simply sh!t.

We are. We beaten Nothing

ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm

I am at a bit of a loss - not sure where we are at or where we are going after today. I guess the next three weeks will tell us. I actually think Bucks will offer up his resignation if it looks like he can't get this team going - probably by round 20.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Jpies wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I don't know.
The side has some talent but a lot who are ordinary.

Exactly. I know there was another "mid season review" thread, but I think today's match was a very good opportunity to look at our deficiencies. A few injuries and form lapses meant that our "middle of the road" players and young players had to play against a very good opposition. I think this match provides more guidance than any to look at where our players are at.

My main concern is that I think we are over-rating some of our players. That's not to say they aren't good enough to play AFL (well, in some cases it does), but mainly that we have expectations that they are/will be elite players when that is not the case or unlikely to be.

The players I have concerns about from their previous form and today's match are:

Broomhead: Had a few better matches before the bye, but barely impacted today. Even his form before the bye, for me, had him sitting on the brink of selection. This year is his 5th with the club. For me, he is now a known quantity and unlikely to drastically improve. Our "over-rating" of him is expecting a level of improvement to the level one would expect from a #20 draft pick.

Moore: I like Moore and think he will be a solid player. However, most people's expectations of him seem to be as an elite #1 key forward for the next decade, aka Franklin, Cloke etc. By the third year of their careers, Franklin was AA and Cloke won the Copeland. Moore is still struggling to break double digits in possessions, despite spending time up the ground/in the ruck, and to kick more than a goal or two a match. I see Moore as a second tall similar to Sam Reid/Chris Dawes and second ruckman. Still a very handy contributor. But this is problematic for the club as we really don't have any other options in the tall forward area, nor have we invested in any.

Crocker: Not up to scratch yet, and hasn't showed much that makes me think he will make the cut except his match against the Hawks last year. Pretty early in his career though, and he has time to turn it around if retained on our list (which is probably 50:50).

Hoskin-Elliott: A fan favourite on this board following an impressive debut, but for me hasn't lived up to expectations. Many expected that he would fill a Gunston type role at the Pies, and on debut that looked likely. Today, and on so many other occasions, we really needed someone to stand up as a marking option in the f50 like Gunston so often has at the Hawks. WHE hasn't convinced me that he can do that, and being in his 6th year, I'm not convinced any significant improvement will occur. Worth a spot on our list, but I think it is likely he will remain a player on the fringe of selection.

Aish: Fourth year in the AFL now, and like Broomhead, I am becoming skeptical that any drastic improvement will occur. 12 touches today, doesn't seem to have any particular explosive athleticism or strength to work from and I haven't observed him contributing to the pressure game that worked for us in the past and was used by PA today. He is often praised for his elite skills. Problem for Aish is that he doesn't get enough of the footy to use those skills. He doesn't win a lot of contested ball, and isn't quick enough to be an outside runner like Treloar. Tough to see how that situation will change.

Adams: Most people's expectations for Adams were that he would become a star player capable of AA selection. Wins a decent amount of contested ball, but as we know wastes it. This happened again today. Whether this is decision making or disposal has been debated to death on this board. But one thing is sure- he isn't playing at the level people hoped, and didn't have a big impact against a good PA team who win the ball just as well and use it better.

So let's Trade De-List them all and Start from Scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: