Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
To be honest, the negativity and at times vitriol, directed at our coach by far too many Nicksters, has led me to read and post far less than I used to. But that's just me I guess. Sad

Woosh!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 pm

makri wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

I apologise and stand corrected on the ar%#hole point.

But you quoting you it and not condemning it was very very poor form.

Bah! We don't take misquotes and sledging personally on this forum, my good man. We are veteran battle hardened, thick skinned keyboard warriors after all!

But yes, I WAS harsh on Adams. My concern is I don't have the faith in either him nor the coaching staff to make the effort to correct the flaws in his kicking; it's his fourth season here now and it seems nobody is making themselves accountable for it.
If these mis-kicks keeps happening it WILL keep manifesting against us on the scoreboard, and ultimately the ladder; of that i'm certain.

Have faith - BJ was also a shocking kick in his early days.

Jaxsom Barham was a shocking kick in his earlier days and every other day after that.
Most players don't improve their kicking and for those who do improve just as many get worse.
Say hello Mr J Gunston.

Tend to agree, if you can't kick by the time you're 17/18 it generally doesn't get any better. Off course you will get stronger as you are hitting the gym and therefore gaining distance but you technique will usually be set in stone by this age.

Not a good comparison. Both Barham and McGough were bad kicks. Nothing was ever going to change that. Adams is a good kick who makes disposal errors at times. That can be fixed just as Licuria and O'Bree, who also had disposal problems, tidied up their disposal errors over time.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:
I agree Mooretreloar, the ignore button makes life here a lot more pleasant.

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

To be honest, the negativity and at times vitriol, directed at our coach by far too many Nicksters, has led me to read and post far less than I used to. But that's just me I guess. Sad

I don't think you are alone there.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 am

thompsoc wrote:
Mooretreloar just keep me on ignore.
It makes my posting infinitely more pleasant.
I don't have to endlessly correct your view on the shape of things.
Please don't sneak a look at my postings as you have proclaimed to the world on numerous occassions that you have me on ignore.
Please do as you say.

Thompsoc, seeing that you are aware that Moretreloar has you on ignore it would be appropriate for you to not respond or quote his contributions as they are obviously not aimed at you.

Last edited by Member 7167 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

It will all end soon enough.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Echo this ^^^^ ^^^^

Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:34 am

Good to read no longer belting Bucks to be sacked; instead acknowledging what he's creating with players he chose minus those whose time was up and no other club went near them (Jolley) and Cloke who has done nothing as expected and will get the arse from the kennel inside next 12 weeks 👍
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:07 pm

As much as it hurt to lose on Monday , it was great to hear some passion in the crowd again and the boos of the umpires made me smile inside and reminded me of the good old days of Vic Park.

www.facebook/the hybernators
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Lazza wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Echo this ^^^^ ^^^^

Ditto. Not just at the coach but the playing group as well along with the repetitive nature of the usual suspects same old message.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Tannin wrote:

Now that made me laugh Laughing Laughing

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Tannin wrote:

Laughed my arse off, well played

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:12 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
makri wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Bah! We don't take misquotes and sledging personally on this forum, my good man. We are veteran battle hardened, thick skinned keyboard warriors after all!

But yes, I WAS harsh on Adams. My concern is I don't have the faith in either him nor the coaching staff to make the effort to correct the flaws in his kicking; it's his fourth season here now and it seems nobody is making themselves accountable for it.
If these mis-kicks keeps happening it WILL keep manifesting against us on the scoreboard, and ultimately the ladder; of that i'm certain.

Jaxsom Barham was a shocking kick in his earlier days and every other day after that.
Most players don't improve their kicking and for those who do improve just as many get worse.
Say hello Mr J Gunston.

Tend to agree, if you can't kick by the time you're 17/18 it generally doesn't get any better. Off course you will get stronger as you are hitting the gym and therefore gaining distance but you technique will usually be set in stone by this age.

Not a good comparison. Both Barham and McGough were bad kicks. Nothing was ever going to change that. Adams is a good kick who makes disposal errors at times. That can be fixed just as Licuria and O'Bree, who also had disposal problems, tidied up their disposal errors over time.

So, given time, he may be as a good a kick as O'Bree? Can you see the problem here?

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Tannin, was just wondering if your post was a clip directed my way. I didn't think it was and no worries if it was.

Two posters seem to think it is funny, I am unsure why, but maybe they are geniuses.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
makri wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Say hello Mr J Gunston.

So, given time, he may be as a good a kick as O'Bree? Can you see the problem here?

I think the point is (and if so, I agree) that Adams' clangers are not due to poor technique or skills errors. Rather, they are due to poor decision making. For example, both his kicks across the defensive 50 on the weekend that resulted in Melbourne goals. Both of those kicks were perfect. They came off the boot nicely and went exactly where they intended. Unfortunately, where they were intended was to a stationary Collingwood player with two Melbourne players within about 15m who could easily get there and spoil.

Bad decision making is not ideal, but probably more fixable than poor technique.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 am

mooretreloar wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Tannin, was just wondering if your post was a clip directed my way. I didn't think it was and no worries if it was.

Two posters seem to think it is funny, I am unsure why, but maybe they are geniuses.

He means he has everyone else on ignore! That's how I took it anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19   

Jump to: