Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhoo, in other news - most prophetic statistical post of 2017 goes to Woods, for his/her observation on Melbourne's 2017 3rd quarter dominance, and our failures, in the pre-match thread.
Bravo on the analysis!

Quote:
Woods PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 pm
Been looking at the quarters won by both teams so far this season:

Collingwood 2017 (11 games played)
Q1--- 6 won
Q2--- 7 won
Q3--- 2 won
Q4--- 5 won

Melbourne 2017 (10 games played)
Q1--- 4 won
Q2--- 6 won
Q3--- 7 won
Q4--- 6 won

Melbourne are much more even in their output. Their weakest quarter is the first, but then they fire up and show consistent winning effort throughout the rest of most games.

Collingwood, as we know, has been more uneven in its output during games this year. Their weakest quarter is the third – glaringly so. They have only won two third quarters this year.
So no matter how well they play the first half against Melbourne on Monday, take a deep breath at half time and pray that they don’t get so rolled in the third that they can’t recover the lost ground in the final quarter.

For Collingwood it may be a game that is won or lost in the third quarter.

Not that the maggots had any influence on the final result though... Shocked

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:16 pm

piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
Why not associate you with the Maxwell baggers - the flawed logic is exactly the same.

Well, because I never bagged Maxwell, simple.

ThePieMind wrote:
You need perspective - Adams HAS improved his kicking, and he like other players makes mistakes.
Find me a player that doesn't.
But its very easy to ignore the good work that far outweighs his bad kicks yesterday.
His grunt, hardness and leadership are far more important.

Yes, you've stated that opinion twice. It may have improved; i'm yet to be convinced [bluffed] that his standard is acceptable at this level.

ThePieMind wrote:
Do you actually want us to believe that if he was missing yesterday, we would have won?
Far more likely that we would have lost by more.

I'd have to have another look at all four quarters in their entirety.
As you can imagine, i doubt i'll be in the mood to do so this week.

ThePieMind wrote:
PS: what a hero you were calling Adams an ars??hole in the game day thread. Have a some respect.

That wasn't me, it was another poster; look again - I just stated I rue the day we traded Shaw out for him; which I do:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=82478&start=255

I apologise and stand corrected on the ar%#hole point.

But you quoting you it and not condemning it was very very poor form.

Especially after the FAS isssue over the last few weeks.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 pm

ThePieMind wrote:

Bah! We don't take misquotes and sledging personally on this forum, my good man. We are veteran battle hardened, thick skinned keyboard warriors after all!

But yes, I WAS harsh on Adams. My concern is I don't have the faith in either him nor the coaching staff to make the effort to correct the flaws in his kicking; it's his fourth season here now and it seems nobody is making themselves accountable for it.
If these mis-kicks keeps happening it WILL keep manifesting against us on the scoreboard, and ultimately the ladder; of that i'm certain.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 pm

piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Bah! We don't take misquotes and sledging personally on this forum, my good man. We are veteran battle hardened, thick skinned keyboard warriors after all!

But yes, I WAS harsh on Adams. My concern is I don't have the faith in either him nor the coaching staff to make the effort to correct the flaws in his kicking; it's his fourth season here now and it seems nobody is making themselves accountable for it.
If these mis-kicks keeps happening it WILL keep manifesting against us on the scoreboard, and ultimately the ladder; of that i'm certain.

Have faith - BJ was also a shocking kick in his early days.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:32 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Jaxsom Barham was a shocking kick in his earlier days and every other day after that.
Most players don't improve their kicking and for those who do improve just as many get worse.
Say hello Mr J Gunston.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 pm

ThePieMind wrote:

Sorry to interrupt this exchange - but both you guys have got NFI.
You're like the flogs bagging Maxy as a poor Captain because he lacked the skill of others.
Adams HAS improved his kicking since recruited, but more importantly bleeds for his team and team mates. That's the intangible that you both don't get, he's a leader and offers more to the collective success of the team, the occasional bad kick does not matter.[/quote]

Firstly, don't ever associate us with the Maxwell baggers.
Secondly, " the occasional bad kick does not matter", oh f*cking really?
Even the ones that constantly go backwards or across our defence to get cocked up week after week to slaughter our momentum and gift the opposition goals?
I don't doubt his work ethic either, or his commitment to the team.
However his application to his kicking is putrid; being a solid leader doesn't excuse poor disposal by either hand or foot
[/quote]

Why not associate you with the Maxwell baggers - the flawed logic is exactly the same.

You need perspective - Adams HAS improved his kicking, and he like other players makes mistakes.
Find me a player that doesn't.
But its very easy to ignore the good work that far outweighs his bad kicks yesterday.
His grunt, hardness and leadership are far more important.

Do you actually want us to believe that if he was missing yesterday, we would have won?

Far more likely that we would have lost by more.

So there in a nuttshell is your answer with PERSPECTIVE added.

PS: what a hero you were calling Adams an ars??hole in the game day thread. Have a some respect.[/quote]

I don't recall Maxwell costing us games.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Mr Bob Sugar.
what would you give for the 2010 version of Nick Maxwell for our current team.
I would give up a sh...#$t load!

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
So Mooretreloar fancy blaming the umps for such a loss.
Only the riff raff would do that.
We got beaten because we weren't strong enough or fast enough on the break.
Simple as that.
According to my brother we have lost 7 games by under 20 points.
This must be a record.

We lost the game in the third quarter. No doubt that if we had held our own in the third quarter we should have been able to defend the lead in the fourth.

Our ball use and decision making at times was atrocious and at times we allowed Melbourne to hold the ball in out back 50 for far too long until they scored.

Thompsoc, you promote yourself as being a person with a good insight into football. To serve you agenda of anti Buckley and anti ????? Collingwood bias you will do anything to put the blame back onto the coach and the players so as to cast them in the worst possible position. As a tool you put down Mooretreloar by suggesting that only riff raff would blame the umpires.

As stated above there were many factors that contributed to the loss but the umpires certainly played a major role in our loss as they applied two sets of rules, gifted Melbourne numerous goals, stole our momentum by giving frees against us at crucial times and corrupted the who game by eventually dictating the result.

If only riff raff hold a similar viewpoint then you will have to include the vast majority of TRUE Collingwood supporters in this list. Obviously you are not part of this group and you contribution to this forum should be assessed accordingly.

The booing at the end of the game directed at the umpires was the loudest I have heard for many years. When considering the majority of the crowd was Melbourne and there were only 70k at the game it is obvious that the 20-30k of Collingwood riff raff supporters shared my viewpoint.

I had to log out to see what thompsoc posted, as I have him on ignore. It makes the experience on this site much more pleasant when you don't have to read his inane ramblings, which prove his lack of understanding of the game of football and where Collingwood is at.

I read this site for a few months before joining and starting to post and in this period of around 12 months, it is clear as the nose on your face that his sole purpose for being on this site is to try and upset genuine Collingwood supporters. He gets his kicks out of it, so my suggestion is that everyone put him on ignore or just don't respond to him, so he doesn't get what he wants.

As an aside, I am unsure why the moderators a) allow him to get away with it and 2) don't just revoke his posting privileges. He adds nothing of value to the site and in fact just causes fight after fight, so the intelligent thing to do would be to remove him from the site. Everyone would be better off, but I expect I will receive a private message to tell me not to backdoor moderate, rather than actually address the issue at hand.

In relation to his post in question, I did not blame the result on the umpires. I indicated that the reasons for the loss were three fold, 1) our skill errors, 2) our poor decision making and 3) the umpiring decisions.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Mooretreloar just keep me on ignore.
It makes my posting infinitely more pleasant.
I don't have to endlessly correct your view on the shape of things.
Please don't sneak a look at my postings as you have proclaimed to the world on numerous occassions that you have me on ignore.
Please do as you say.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm

I agree Mooretreloar, the ignore button makes life here a lot more pleasant.

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Missed the game as I was at a gym comp for my daughter.

However, did watch the first half during the comp and basically from what I saw, we coughed up 3 goals in the first half through poor disposal skill errors.

Had we not done this, possibly looking at 7 goal lead at half time.

Did not watch the second half, so cannot comment on the umpires, but I reckon 7 goals up at half time would have been a bridge too far for the Dee's.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 pm

thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Jaxsom Barham was a shocking kick in his earlier days and every other day after that.
Most players don't improve their kicking and for those who do improve just as many get worse.
Say hello Mr J Gunston.

Tend to agree, if you can't kick by the time you're 17/18 it generally doesn't get any better. Off course you will get stronger as you are hitting the gym and therefore gaining distance but you technique will usually be set in stone by this age.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 pm

^^
Yes Tannin, the lack of posters has been evident in the last month. Predominantly, this is because the anti-Buckley brigade have gone missing or very quiet following 3 wins in a row and a very close loss yesterday, which only posters like thompsoc can try and attribute blame to the coach.

As has been evident in a number of threads today that I have browsed this evening, I believe posters are getting sick of the same old rubbish that thompsoc and others trot out. They add no value to the site, in fact it is the opposite, and I believe this means posters are choosing to avoid this site.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Tannin wrote:
I agree Mooretreloar, the ignore button makes life here a lot more pleasant.

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

To be honest, the negativity and at times vitriol, directed at our coach by far too many Nicksters, has led me to read and post far less than I used to. But that's just me I guess. Sad
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Oh I see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19   

Jump to: