Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Lions - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Siddebottom clubplayer of the week, ...there in lies the problem right there
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Bloody coaches - that's two weeks in a row they've given votes to Sidebottom, when we all know the guy is actually hopeless.

Must be a conspiracy. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Your right P4S it's a conspiracy alright
That's 3 times this season he's got coaches votes he might break his season record of getting votes in 6 games in a season that would be over 25% of games for a year.
Heck bet blokes like Pendles, Dangerfield, Martin, Selwood & Beams get the shits when they see such a daunting record. Makes Dangerfield's record of polling votes in 17 of 22 games look second rate
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:49 pm

mooretreloar's favourite line.....

Lets not forget i watched these press confrences every week, for so many years!!!!!

" I cant comment on that as I dont have the stats in front of me " - mickmalt

There are people that can tell you about every aspect of the game without looking at paperwork....

Its in the HEART mick, something you havent got. You had it with a group of players that are no longer here, the ones that remain do INDEED respect you, however, they LOVE this GREAT CLUB...

And WE are going to MAKE history Smile

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 pm

dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Info please
Did not get to see game --just match highlites on my phone
My question /comment is on Scharenberg

How did nickster,s see his game
Stats?
Efficiency?

I was probably his greatest critic on Nicks, a year or so ago when he seemed to be prevaricating about renewing his contract with Collingwood. I also thought he VFL form was ordinary, to say the least. How wrong was I. I can see now why he was such a highly rated draftee. He reads the ball well and is silky in his kicking. Watching the game today I was super impressed, my only concern being his apparent slowness in moving laterally - no doubt due to mental scars following his double knee recos. Hopefully he'll get more confident in his body as he plays more games. On today's form I'd be picking him in our best back 6. Congratulations to Schazza.

The quality of a Nicks poster should be measured in their ability to say "I was wrong".

Rudeboy- 3 votes.

He also came clean on Dunn in the other thread.
Hmm, maybe I should stop reading his posts Laughing Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Bloody coaches - that's two weeks in a row they've given votes to Sidebottom, when we all know the guy is actually hopeless.

That's 3 times this season he's got coaches votes he might break his season record of getting votes in 6 games in a season that would be over 25% of games for a year.
Heck bet blokes like Pendles, Dangerfield, Martin, Selwood & Beams get the shits when they see such a daunting record. Makes Dangerfield's record of polling votes in 17 of 22 games look second rate

I can't help it if the coaches underestimate Sidey's brilliance, too. Razz
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:13 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

P4S your right again mate they under estimate him you over estimate him all balances out in the end 😝😝
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:53 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Funny Sidey gets compared to Beams. Two very different types of mids. Must be because they were drafted the same year.Id suggest the club would be more than happy with the mid Sidey is rather than worrying about what he isnt given there are others to balance out.

There career stats don't really have one dominating the other. Both have strengths though.

Sidey kicks more, marks more (runs harder/longer so gets more uncontested), actually tackles more per game just.
Clearances 2.28 / clangers 2.1 / cp 7.54 / 1.6 one%rs

Dayne handballs more and averages a couple more disposals per game because of it, averages 1 goal a game to Sideys .8.
Clearances 4.38/clangers 2.24, cp 9.84 / 1.1 one%rs

Sidey though has played 37 more games and is nearly a full year younger.
While not winning a B&F - hes been fairly consistent even beating Beams in his final year.

I think what is being pointed out in the whole scheme of things is very detailed - I guess that is what happens to the very best players.
Wink

There all interesting stats but as you said they play vastly different roles. Also Sidey has been more durable than Beams hence why he's played more games as well.
Beams and Sidey have been compared because they both got drafted the same year to the same club and thus played in the same side under the same coaches on the same grounds in the same conditions so the comparison is only fair on that basis really.
A couple of stats not pointed out was Beams wins more contested ball takes more contested marks has more (on average) forward 50 entries has more score involvements
But they play vastly different roles. Also I noticed you say Sidey averages 2.1 clangers a game the stats I see say 511 from 173 games means average is 2.95 a game the 7th highest average for a player currently playing with over 150 games
Personally Beams averages now mean nothing he doesn't wear the club colours but he's often used by posters as why they think Sidey is elite. Winning B&F's don't really mean much except to the players and the club and I do concur that playing in sides containing Pendles and Swan would make it hard to win our B&F but it was done hence why I made the point.
MJ all I want is for his best to be the norm every week because that would make us a much better side and win more games which is what I care about mate

Agree - they get compared as they were drafted same time/same club. Thats what I pointed out.
Durability is an important stat - we pay players to play games and its an important advantage to actually play them.
I have sideys clangers at 364 from AFL Tables.
I referenced contested possessions (cp) and Dayne no doubt leads these as well as cm - Dayne can play tall which is an absolute strength. He is tough and hard at it with a knack for winning the ball when he should be out of the contest.

Id be interested in meters gained comparison as Sidey kicks more but also covers more ground running both ways. Dayne is very much a forward running goal kicking mid.

I agree there are areas on his game that Sidey needs to work on. I just think what areas he needs work in are not as bad, or as big of an issue given his output in a number of other areas of which little is spoken about. He has a knack for standing up in big games or doing the right thing at the right time to win games.

He is also Loyal and when out of contract is in demand.

Happy to suggest improvement opportunities for any player however to suggest as some on Nicks have done that he should never wear a collingwood jumper again................
Geeze Id like to look at how they perform in their given job and would suggest anything short of elite then they should resign or get sacked Wink

Mate I'll be the first to admit I might go to hard on him but that's because as I see it his best is brilliant and his worst is horrible and when he's on we look so much better. I want to see that brilliant best more often as I said means ni we win more games whic is what I want as a pies supporter.
Hey while we're doing fun comparisons how about Sidey and Blair !!
Both premiership players both about to be 150 game players both haven't won any awards and both kick .8 goals a game 😭😭😭😛😛

Yep fair enough. I have no problem pointing out players opportunities. Just find it hard when some on here suggest a player like Sidey shouldn't be playing for the club. He is a champion with a lot of upside and Id suggest opp clubs would take him in a heartbeat.

Blair is interesting. There was a time when he was doing things that not many others could or would do. They were not necessarily popular stat registering things but they were coach and team things. I remember watching him come through the VFL and he would rack up contested possessions and clearances at will. I cant help but think he was asked to play a different role and as such his whole game has changed.
Unfortunately for him, other players can do what he was asked to do AND rack up stats that do damage to the opp.There are too many other kids youd want to see get games ahead of him.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:30 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

P4S your right again mate they under estimate him you over estimate him all balances out in the end 😝😝

You raise a good point. Coaches see the game very differently to supporters ( thankfully )
I have no doubt that coaches recognise his gut running and his ability to be involved in so many plays during the game. Coaches demand effort and Sidebottoms desire to be involved at both ends of the ground could never be questioned.
Supporters love to remember the very odd stuff up ( which happens when you get it 30 odd times a game ) and they just want to hang him on it because that's not what an " elite " player would do.
As I have said previously on Nicks, we don't have many players who would get a game in every other AFL team but Sidebottom is one of them. That's good enough for me.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You raise a good point. Coaches see the game very differently to supporters ( thankfully )
I have no doubt that coaches recognise his gut running and his ability to be involved in so many plays during the game. Coaches demand effort and Sidebottoms desire to be involved at both ends of the ground could never be questioned.
Supporters love to remember the very odd stuff up ( which happens when you get it 30 odd times a game ) and they just want to hang him on it because that's not what an " elite " player would do.
As I have said previously on Nicks, we don't have many players who would get a game in every other AFL team but Sidebottom is one of them. That's good enough for me.

Spot on Pies2016, Sideys gut running over the whole match is second to none he is not blessed with speed but is elite in endurance! His occasional brilliance has always put him in the limelight and has also put unwarranted expectations his ability. Unfortunately he has a disposal rolls royce along side him that people subconsciously compare him with. What all don't realise is that we are getting what Sidey is capable of, the exceptional, along with the occasional f&^% up! For Mine he is always one of the first picked each week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: