Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nicks needs to lift its game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 pm
Post subject: Nicks needs to lift its gameReply with quote

I haven't posted anything for a few days after being publicly admonished by an unnamed Mod for advising, very politely, some posters to settle down, stop bickering and focus on Collingwood....and I only posted this after becoming sick of reading several pages of personal bickering, which the mods had allowed to go on and on and on....I was basically told to butt out!

In my more than 10 years of Nicks, I've always tried to post about the issues, not the person. I even managed this through the vicious Didak wars. I generally wear my heart on my sleeve, and try to post with passion, but only get personal when it's clear I'm dealing with a troll, and I'm telling them to piss off Nicks. Other than that, I enjoy the posts of the pro and anti Buckley camps equally.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to ask the Mods (whoever they are) to be more vigilant in putting an end to personal bickering on Nicks, and in future to be a little more respectful to anyone who advises such posters to focus on the issues, not each other.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Nicks needs to lift its gameReply with quote

I strongly agree, as I recall the matter concerned, and it was the ultimate "technical free". Moderating has become much more heavy-handed and touchy lately, and the "no backseat moderating" rule seems to be invoked on the most minor grounds. When the likes of Rob is put off posting, it is surely a signal that policy is not being well used.

As an aside, I tried sending this to the bbmods@magpies.net email box (where I understand complaints are supposed to be posted) and got a "non deliverable" return, below.

magpies.nocservers.net.au rejected your message to the following email addresses:

bbmods@magpies.net (bbmods@magpies.net)
Your message couldn't be delivered. It appears that the email address you sent your message to wasn't found at the destination domain, or the recipient's mailbox is unavailable. The email address might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 pm
Post subject: Re: Nicks needs to lift its gameReply with quote

Thanks mugwump. I've only ever posted in the General discussion area, and didn't even know there were so many other forums. Dohhhhh!
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i get in trouble for trying to raise interesting perspectives for people to debate. Those threads also get changed and deleted. What is there left to do but troll others when you cant even create a mass-debate?????
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:57 am

I didn't have a problem with the comments of yours at all and with a recent inundation of trolls on this board or people attacking Buckley the man or footballer and not the coach it was a warranted observation.

It's ridiculous the reaction you received from a moderator because of it and as someone who is a long time and thoughtful poster on here totally uncalled for and you deserved to be shown more respect.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I didn't have a problem with the comments of yours at all and with a recent inundation of trolls on this board or people attacking Buckley the man or footballer and not the coach it was a warranted observation.

It's ridiculous the reaction you received from a moderator because of it and as someone who is a long time and thoughtful poster on here totally uncalled for and you deserved to be shown more respect.

Thanks swoop42. Much appreciated. To be honest, I'm pretty thick skinned and my first reaction was to let the incredulous remark from the moderator go through to the keeper. The only reason I started this thread was because I felt it was important for the long term health of Nicks, that the behaviour of the moderators themselves be called to account.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Rudey, let it slide mate...

Sometimes we have to cop a backhander from the Mods, myself included.

In their defence, it's not like they are on Gil McLaughlin's wage to do this task.

We are all a bit cranky right now, and it's another long season ahead of us.

You'd actually be better served speaking to the BatMod, and nominating your services as a part time mod, as you are a good leader, peacekeeper, champion of the working class, and general icon of the community.

Don't believe me? Google yourself lol!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm

piedys wrote:
Rudey, let it slide mate...

Sometimes we have to cop a backhander from the Mods, myself included.

In their defence, it's not like they are on Gil McLaughlin's wage to do this task.

We are all a bit cranky right now, and it's another long season ahead of us.

You'd actually be better served speaking to the BatMod, and nominating your services as a part time mod, as you are a good leader, peacekeeper, champion of the working class, and general icon of the community.

Don't believe me? Google yourself lol!

Get Phucked Andrew. Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 am

Some posters need to pm each other, or get a room, and carry on their childish bickering there.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:19 am

It's definitely not the same place it used to be.

I suppose Collingwood is in the worst shape it's been in since Nicks has been around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: