Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that Greenwood was absolutely out of this world tonight. His nullification of Selwood set up the conditions for our victory. With Selwood kept so ineffectual, the rest of our midfield took care of Dangerfield brilliantly. In fact, our entire midfield was superb. Loved the much faster, more dynamic ball movement tonight as well. We seemed to always have enough space in our forward line to be dangerous.
I also thought that Grundy was marvellous. A truly comprehensive performance by him. Our disposal was so much better tonight: amazing what confidence brings. It was wonderful as well to see Darcy Moore play himself into form. Overall a fantastic team effort by our players.Our team defence is highly impressive, and the performance of our defence was outstanding.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 am

Fantastic win with no passengers today! Everyone made a positive contribution, which led to our win.

Great decision by the coaching staff to deploy the hard tag on Selwood, which isolated Dangerfield and made him accountable without the protection that Selwood usually affords him. Greenwood did a superb job reducing him to 17 touches with very little involvement in shaping the match.

I am waiting for the day when we're able to covert the majority of shots at goal. We were still too wasteful for my liking, but it was noticeable that as we started applying scoreboard pressure on Geelong, the players grew in confidence for being rewarded for their efforts.

The inclusion of Dunn was a good one in the end. The way I saw him play today makes me wonder why he wasn't in the team from round 1, but I suppose Schade's surprisingly good form meant Dunn was kept out of the team. Dunn provided some vocal leadership and was generally good with his ball execution.

Pendlebury was back to his best. Led the way brilliantly and absolutely dominated the game. All the other midfielders played important roles and worked hard around the ball.

Still a little concerned with our composure heading into forward 50, but it was better than previous weeks. We had 59 inside 50s to Geelong's 49, so we have no issues with getting it in there, but we need to ensure that we make the most of our opportunities when we're attacking the opposition.

Great to see that we didn't need to apply 100 tackles to win the match. Today we had 57 tackles, but the pressure was still excellent.

I see that some believe that Cox needs to be dropped, but I think he's earned his spot in the side for another week. He makes some bad errors, but his presence frees up Darcy Moore and ensures that he's not the sole number 1 target up forward.

Great win! Now we need to back it up against Carlton next weekend.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am

I should also add that it was refreshing seeing us use the corridor when it was appropriate.

We took the game on and looked sharp going down the guts.

Last edited by Jezza on Mon May 01, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:05 am

We need to back it with a win against Carlton and the next and the next and the next
till we are in the eight and then come September just keep winning

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 am

Ill just say I predicted this win when so many didnt!

I knew Pendlebury wouldnt have two bad games in a row

Cmon Pies!!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:41 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Still too many time players made the dumb decision to gang tackle than hold off for the drawn player. Sometimes players would wait too late to leave their man to apply pseudo pressure, allowing an easy chip over the top and easy release. We seem to not know when to stay back, or rush the back carrier, and it's annoying the crap out of me. It's just dumb football. Eliminate this junk from our game and we'd be a 2-3 goal better team.

You really should get out a bit more and smell the roses RH. We just beat an unbeaten top of the table side after just a 5 day break. We smashed them actually, and if not for the umpires giving the Cats everything in the last quarter, we would have won by 7 or 8 goals. Smile, sing the club song and be happy RH.

I expect the basics to be done right, and the rest will take care of itself. I'm ecstatic we won, but it doesn't change what we need to do to improve as a unit. We have the talent, but the smarts need to complement that talent otherwise we're a rudderless outfit with no cohesion.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 am

Jezza wrote:
I see that some believe that Cox needs to be dropped, but I think he's earned his spot in the side for another week. He makes some bad errors, but his presence frees up Darcy Moore and ensures that he's not the sole number 1 target up forward.

Good point, Jezza. This bloke is learning. He does some very clever work around the loose ball, tapping or handballing to a team mate.

If he can overcome the rough edges (marking more balls that he gets 2 hands to and kicking for goal), he could be anything.

Get games into him - unless some tall forward in the VFL team is kicking bags.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:55 am

magpieazza wrote:

Cmon Pies!!

I thought Pendles game v St Kilda was one of the worst I'd seen him play let alone last week. Much better effort & more direct. In the last two weeks he was relatively indecisive, static & unnecessarily going sideways at times during both games

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 am

uncanny wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Those 2 decisions in favour of Hawkins in the last quarter were disgraceful. Without those, we win by 8 goals.

Agree totally. What happened to the hands in the back rule,let alone push in the back? Forget that though. Standing southern stand in that 3rd q took me back to Victoria Park. Pour it on pies. Do it again next week. And go again...hey turn up next week. That crowd at the Ponsford end was a disgrace
actually we were not the disgrace, the disgrace was the empty seats!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 am

Our young gun and rock hard Brayden Maynard turns 21 on September 20th

Young man you are gold far as i am concerned and for a 21st prezzie what
about a finals game mate

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:15 am

It's interesting reading the various views on players like Cox
For mine his main job when forward is to take defenders away from Moore which he did. Then he needs to get the ball to ground if he doesn't mark it which he did. Then he needs to hit the scoreboard which he didn't do with the opportunities
Lastly he gives Grundy a rest in the ruck and we continued our dominance at the ruck contests giving our kids first and clean use of it which he did
So he got 3 out of 4 jobs done so he gets a game again
I think he with his size straightens our attack up. We were much more direct today because seeing a 7ft'er standing there 20 from goal in front of the big sticks is hard to miss. He takes the biggest best defender away from Moore allowing him to get up the field and back and run around basically

Loads of positives today but they will all mean nothing unless we back it up next week with a similar or better performance.
We are still 2-4 but we haven't been flogged which is a good thing but we need to be 3-4 after next week and then keep building our team cohesion and improve our skills and forward 50 entries.
We don't have w hassle getting the ball inside 50 which is a real positive and if we can fix the entry and goal kicking we are a side capable of kicking 100+ points every week as we have loads of players who can kick goals including our midfielders.
Wells just makes the right decision just about every time and he adds another dimension to our midfield. I noticed he was doing a bit of on field coaching today around contests and making sure we had our match ups right. He adds some real skill to the team as well
Hard to fault any players at all today
Thought our coaching staff were good today kept our players fresh and we had run in our legs all day
Greenwood owns Selwood simple
Mayanrd showed improvement as did Crisp
Personally I think Dunn made us a better side today with his field kicking
Reid will come back next week and while it will be w tough call I think Schade will get a rest. Has played 6 games and done good but he doesn't add the skill coming out of defence Reid Howe Dunn do. Dunn should get Casbault and Reid Weidering leaves Howe to become dangerous as a spoiler and intercept mark.
Overall today showed what we can produce and that should be our minimum standard we bring every week.
If we do and fix up some small errors and get our forward 50 entries working better resulting in more goals we will be hard to beat every week.
Very happy magpie right now
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:34 am

Great win by the team let's hope we back it up Saturday night also learnt Selwood should change his name too sookwood what a spoilt loser
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:10 am

watt price tully wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Cmon Pies!!

I thought Pendles game v St Kilda was one of the worst I'd seen him play let alone last week. Much better effort & more direct. In the last two weeks he was relatively indecisive, static & unnecessarily going sideways at times during both games

Apparently he said he had a virus before the St Kilda game. No excuses for last week though.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:14 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
It's interesting reading the various views on players like Cox
For mine his main job when forward is to take defenders away from Moore which he did. Then he needs to get the ball to ground if he doesn't mark it which he did. Then he needs to hit the scoreboard which he didn't do with the opportunities
Lastly he gives Grundy a rest in the ruck and we continued our dominance at the ruck contests giving our kids first and clean use of it which he did
So he got 3 out of 4 jobs done so he gets a game again
I think he with his size straightens our attack up. We were much more direct today because seeing a 7ft'er standing there 20 from goal in front of the big sticks is hard to miss. He takes the biggest best defender away from Moore allowing him to get up the field and back and run around basically

Loads of positives today but they will all mean nothing unless we back it up next week with a similar or better performance.
We are still 2-4 but we haven't been flogged which is a good thing but we need to be 3-4 after next week and then keep building our team cohesion and improve our skills and forward 50 entries.
We don't have w hassle getting the ball inside 50 which is a real positive and if we can fix the entry and goal kicking we are a side capable of kicking 100+ points every week as we have loads of players who can kick goals including our midfielders.
Wells just makes the right decision just about every time and he adds another dimension to our midfield. I noticed he was doing a bit of on field coaching today around contests and making sure we had our match ups right. He adds some real skill to the team as well
Hard to fault any players at all today
Thought our coaching staff were good today kept our players fresh and we had run in our legs all day
Greenwood owns Selwood simple
Mayanrd showed improvement as did Crisp
Personally I think Dunn made us a better side today with his field kicking
Reid will come back next week and while it will be w tough call I think Schade will get a rest. Has played 6 games and done good but he doesn't add the skill coming out of defence Reid Howe Dunn do. Dunn should get Casbault and Reid Weidering leaves Howe to become dangerous as a spoiler and intercept mark.
Overall today showed what we can produce and that should be our minimum standard we bring every week.
If we do and fix up some small errors and get our forward 50 entries working better resulting in more goals we will be hard to beat every week.
Very happy magpie right now

Can't say I agree with Schade being rested Qld. He did Ok yesterday although he still makes that hesitant call that got him caught twice yesterday and also in a couple of other games,BUT,He is a confidence player and he won't find what he needs in the two's and he has a lot of upside. I reckon our major weakness nowise Goldsack.He has leaked about 7 goals I can think of and ,even though he battles hard, he is the only beckman at present ,who is shaky after getting rid of Ramsay.I now see DeGoey in for Broomhead and Scharanberg for Phillips and we have our best side and room for Aish on the bench. It's been a long and frustrating time coming, but I have always said our best side WILL beat anyone.
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am

Loved Cox's game and will only get better. Don't know if we can fit Reid into this side (just joking) as I took first bet for the year 18 points plus. No one let me down. Might be time for a premiership bet with great odds. Go Pies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: