Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ to the limit, one more time.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 am

Watched the game on telly ---Jordon DeGoey was gr8
Liked Dunne's game and young Daicos

Wow wow wow

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:19 am

replay, please??
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

^^^
MagpieBat wrote:
When and Where:
2:40pm this Saturday at Harding Street.

Broadcast:
Television - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 2:30pm. Streamed LIVE through the Plus7 website (at this link) and Plus 7 Live smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 2:30pm. Replayed online at the Plus7 website (at this link) and through the Plus 7 Live app until Sunday May 14th.

For Australian viewers outside Victoria, you will need to change your location to "Victoria" if watching through the Plus7 app, or to a Victorian postcode (ie: 3000) if watching through the Plus7 website. If watching through the Plus7 website, the use of a private browser would also be an advantage.

Internet - Score-by-score updates in this thread and on Twitter at @VFLPies.

Team:
B: Oxley, Dunn, Scharenberg
HB: Phillips, McLarty, Goldsack
C: Aish, Wills, De Goey
HF: Mayne, Keeffe, Hoskin-Elliott
F: Greenwood, Cox, Blair
R: Lynch, Wells, Thomas
I: Kirby, Mackie, McCarthy, Kelly, Pendlebury, Gray, Woodward, Chippendale, Borthwick, Daicos, Brown, Sier, Tardrew*

Italics = AFL extended bench
* = 23rd player

Admission:
Adults $10
Concession/Pensioner $5
Children 12 & under FREE

Getting There:
Car
- Located between Harding and Bell Streets, a short distance from the intersections of both with Sydney Road, Coburg. Parking available immediately outside the ground on the Russell Street side.

Public transport
- Take the Upfield railway line to Coburg railway station. Short walk along Victoria Street, across Sydney Road, along Page Street and across Russell Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 19 tram (Flinders Street Station, City - North Coburg) to tram stop 33 (Munro Street/Sydney Road). Short walk across Sydney Road and along Harding Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 513 (Eltham - Glenroy via Greensborough or Lower Plenty), Route 527 (Gowrie - Northland via Murray Road), Route 561 (Macleod - Pascoe Vale via Latrobe University) or Route 903 (Altona - Mordialloc) bus to the Coburg Primary School interchange stop. Short walk down Russell Street to the ground.

(PTV Journey Planner)

Last Time They Met:
Round 18, 2016 at Olympic Park Oval
Collingwood 19.18.132
Coburg 10.4.64

Head to Head:
Played: 10
Coburg: 4
Collingwood: 6

Trivia:
- This will be the first time that Coburg and Collingwood have opened their seasons against each other.

- Collingwood have won all three encounters between the two clubs since Coburg became a stand-alone club again at the end of 2013, by an average of 50.3 points.

- Collingwood has not lost to Coburg since Round 13 of 2012 at this very venue. Back then, the Lions were still affiliated with Richmond. Only bad kicking by the home side kept the Pies in the hunt, as Coburg led at every change before going on to win by 26 points.

Over to you...

In another post, MagpieBat has pointed out that the replay will go up today.

The VFL forum is full of all sorts of detail about the team, the games, the live streams and the replays.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Oxley just doesn't seem to fit into Buckley's plans with how we play. Honestly imo if we had a different coach he'd most likely be in our best 22, or very close.

Are you saying that Oxley is a better player than Dunn who also can't get a game in our best 22. And who does he get a game ahead of the following - Ramsay, Schade, Howe, Maynard, Reid or Smith?

Maybe, maybe not, just depends on how you look at him and the tools he brings compared to the others. He's obviously a talented player, with pros and cons. Imo, he can be quite damaging in the right set up, but as I said above.. it doesn't seem to be in Bucks make up with his plans and style. Take that how you want.

I think he's borderline 22.. would prefer him over Smith. Cleaner with the footy. Things start getting interesting though when you throw Langdon back in the mix, whom I rate highly, but a fair way off atm.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:49 am

Daniel Wells was very circumspect after the game. A lot will depend on his recovery this week. Still reckon his match fitness at the next level ain't gunna be quite there. Interesting that he played the full game when the plan was for 3 qtrs only. As tempting as it will be to play him on ANZAC Day, after the patience that we've had so far, one more week in the VFL wouldn't be the end of the world I reckon. Although we have a big break between games so who knows. I want Daicos in. What he showed yesterday and in JLT has shown me enough. He's ready.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^
MagpieBat wrote:

In another post, MagpieBat has pointed out that the replay will go up today.

The VFL forum is full of all sorts of detail about the team, the games, the live streams and the replays.

cheers, I did read that post and have checked out the link. Perhaps it will go up later, nothing there yet, I'll keep checking through the day

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
CoastPie wrote:
Sadly Not MagpieBat, they don't think our supporters will buy them so not stocking VFL jumpers, they are way better than the AFL version at this stage, they are bringing out a 125 special, but would prefer Blair's VFL one since he won't be using it this weekend, Keith Bromage 1953-1956 wore the 11 back then
Also found you a new set of wheels:

I asked in Twitter for you and was told they're in the store. They aren't online, maybe try ringing the store during the week?

I see. So, you can get a response on a VFL jumper sale, but I can't get a response on whether they've axed the VFL radio commentary service that we've had for the past couple of years...?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:10 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
CoastPie wrote:
Sadly Not MagpieBat, they don't think our supporters will buy them so not stocking VFL jumpers, they are way better than the AFL version at this stage, they are bringing out a 125 special, but would prefer Blair's VFL one since he won't be using it this weekend, Keith Bromage 1953-1956 wore the 11 back then
Also found you a new set of wheels:

I asked in Twitter for you and was told they're in the store. They aren't online, maybe try ringing the store during the week?

I see. So, you can get a response on a VFL jumper sale, but I can't get a response on whether they've axed the VFL radio commentary service that we've had for the past couple of years...?

yes.

And? Razz Cool

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:23 am

AND it's a bloody disgrace, is what I'm saying. That was a much-loved service.

But, I suppose they wouldn't be shy in answering a question that has the opportunity to make them just a little bit more money, now, would they...?

CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am

MagpieBat wrote:
AND it's a bloody disgrace, is what I'm saying. That was a much-loved service.

But, I suppose they wouldn't be shy in answering a question that has the opportunity to make them just a little bit more money, now, would they...?

I hear what your saying MB, maybe because they have it televised on 7?
Not sure that the young Girl in the Collingwood Jumper Shop would know about the clubs radio commentary/broadcasting though?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:54 pm

I was referring to the club's Twitter account, which is supposed to be the primary mode of contact between the club and it's supporters for everything these days...
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:29 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
I was referring to the club's Twitter account, which is supposed to be the primary mode of contact between the club and it's supporters for everything these days...

Sorry I've miss understood then, I'll harass them on Twitter about their VFL Jumpers, cheers MB, did you take the new wheels for a spin yet?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 pm

^

he just needs to learn how to hold the car straight on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAdTi2Itss

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 am

Get off my car, fish breath...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: