Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Tigers def. Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
58pie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:50 pm
Post subject: Yees you woke me up Mugwump wasn't planning till Mason is leReply with quote

[quote="Mugwump"][quote="58pie"]Buckey's post match virtually put me to sleep.[/quote]

If you can remember 1958, you're probably in need of a nap regardless.
:wink:

I agree that Buckley was pretty flat. I wonder if he sees the end coming. The wastefulness and inability to score despite heavy possession would make any coach despair.[/quote]

Yees you woke me up Mugwump wasn't planning to watch another match untill Mason is left to develop (B4 Grundy is run into the ground ela Fraser years back), Blair takes up coaching (he already points more than he gets the ball) and we stop taking about some all timers like Moneybags & Jessie out for Scharenburg, Lyden Dunn and Lachy. Don't know why we keep or recruit some and don't give them a proper go. Just hope Bucks has it. Go Pies.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mooretreloar wrote:
The word is gullible.

You are incredibly naive if you don't believe Scott Pendlebury only says what Scott Pendlebury wants to say. Unlike a lot of people, he is a person of great integrity and honesty.

Do you know Scott Moretreloar?
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Can't help but notice that Travis Cloke played a really excellent game for the Bulldogs tonight, and coach Luke Beveridge was overflowing in his praise. I am sorry, but there is no explanation for this other than that our coach was utterly incapable of working with Travis Cloke to bring out his best. To claim that Cloke was "lazy and too well paid" is mind bogglingly stupid. For a coach who understood him, and gave him confidence, he would have been more than willing to reproduce his best efforts for us. To leave Darcy Moore alone in the forward line, without the support that Travis Cloke could have provided,was incredibly destructive. We are now seeing the impact of this massive failure.

Finally some sense.. come on Moretrealore give us an educated answer on why this is not correct!

Must be Troll week, another cheeky Newbie here for five minutes throwing is weight around. Trolls popping up all over the shop. Rolling Eyes

This Troll knows a lot so try listen sometimes

<Mod edit: But obviously not how to properly format a quote. Fixed. You are welcome - the mods>
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 pm

I might take back on my earlier comment about no trolls here.
A name like iloventhanbuckley is a give away.
And the comment above is pathetic.
If you are a troll piss off.
If not, post something of interest.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:03 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
The word is gullible.

You are incredibly naive if you don't believe Scott Pendlebury only says what Scott Pendlebury wants to say. Unlike a lot of people, he is a person of great integrity and honesty.

Scott Pendlebury Facebook post tiday:
'Trust the process'

Funniest comments underneath! Cracked me up!

FWITNMIK I reckon of the leash he's the no 1 player in the league, set. Him free of the captaincy,

@freependles!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm

^ if they were all as surgical as Pendlebury by foot (just watched the replay again, and his field passing is a joy to behold) the process would be fine. Trouble is, most of the rest could not see a barn door, let alone hit it.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 am

I finally got around to watching Bucks' press conference after being left so disappointed and pissed off about what we dished up on Thursday night.

Buckley's Post-Match Comments:

On the missed chances in the 2nd quarter:
Quote:
"We had our struggles before the ball again. We held up ok and we just ground out. We were never looking like we were top of the ground or able to get much momentum. It was a bit of a grind in that regard. We had a bit of a gap and we let it go in the third quarter and got run over".

What frustrated him most apart from the inaccuracy:
Quote:
"Our ball use was not what we trained. We were far more up and down the line than we would like to be, and to be honest, our structure forward of the ball relies on that and we have mechanisms that are there if we are forced to go down the line. We just didn't play with the dare we like to and it invited a really dour game. We were happy to be in an arm wrestle and we thought that we would struggle for legs. We felt like we really rolled out of the Bulldogs game and looked after the players as well as we could and introduced some fresh legs in Aish and Broomhead and went in a little bit smaller, but in the end, we were not able to maintain the rage for long enough"

Thoughts on the way the third man up rule was umpired and the poor decision of Maynard being penalised for obstructing Grigg in the final quarter:
Quote:
"Maynard is a young player and he's still learning. At the very least, he should still be watching the ball. You shouldn't have your back to the ball and that might have been enough. I'll have to have a look at it on the tape, but it was costly"

His thoughts on the effort:
Quote:
"Early on was ok, but we just let it go. I thought our effort was ok. Our back six did an amazing job in the first half. I think we lost the centre bounce 8-0 at half time and we couldn't get field position, so we put our back six under a lot of pressure and whilst we were able to keep Richmond to eight scoring shots (3.5) and we were 4.9. So 3.5 for a half is a fairly dour game, so it's not an offensive spectacle, but I think that probably told as those boys needed to do a fair bit of work and then eventually the dam wall busted"

Has the poor execution around the field in regards to foot skills become contagious within inside:
Quote:
"It can. We didn't show the normal aggression that we trained through pre-season. It wasn't what we planned for and it wasn't what we went into the game trying to achieve. You have to give Richmond some credit for being able to defend that. The Bulldogs are a really good defensive side to, and six nights ago we moved the ball far differently and far more dynamic. It's one phase of the game, but it's a pretty important part because it just opens things up and provides possibility for your offence and if you provide possibility then you'll probably going to find an extra couple percent in the contest and you're going to defend a little bit better"

How are the frustration levels of being 0-2:
Quote:
"It is what it is. There I said it. We would have loved to have won both games, but we didn't deserve to win either of them. We did a lot of things right last week and we were not happy with our performance tonight. There were a lot of areas that we didn't do that we rate, so we had a lot of players that were down. There was too much left to too few tonight and it wasn't as strong a team performance. We knew it was going to be a grind and we felt like we would have to grind this one out and we were going to have take every opportunity, and three goals up and having a shot at goal from 40m and say if you finish that one off and you put that margin on, and even Mayne being able to make it a three goal game 10 minutes later it might have been enough of spark for us to grind it out, but it wasn't to be, and we allowed them to score too easily, 21 scores from 29 entries in the second half"

Status on Adams' supposed injury:
Quote:
"I think he's fine. I haven't heard anything"

Does he regret the comments about finals or bust from last year when it comes to his own coaching position:
Quote:
"We're two rounds in mate. Let's take a breath"

Thoughts on whether the plan to nullify Dustin Martin was effective or not:
Quote:
"Yeah, and he had 15 [disposals] at the half. It was that type of game where it was pretty hard for people to break out into space. We wanted to put body on him in stoppage. Crisp was taking care of that and Pendlebury was chopping in at times, but it was mainly Crisp. We thought that was largely effective, but ultimately, there were so many other areas of the game where we were not able to execute and that a class player like that with a couple of finishes at the end is going to make a little bit of a difference. I thought on a whole, he didn't have as damaging game as he did last week, but I think there's too much focus on the individuals, and he's not going to be able to play like that every week, and I don't think Richmond will rely on him and they need to play as a team and so do we. I thought that one thing that did work for us was Will Hoskin-Elliott going forward in the last quarter. He kicked three goals, and we were scratching our head up there about our forward play and getting on the end of our ball use and why isn't it coming into effect. When you put a kid in there who provides a little bit of speed and little bit of zip and playing the way we want to play and he kicks three goals, it just reminds us we can do it with a little bit of effort".

Thoughts on Tim Broomhead:
Quote:
"Broomhead just needs a run at it. He will be better with the more football he gets under his belt. He's got some class and you can see he's some real go in him. He doesn't mind putting his head over it, he's got some class with the way he uses it and he's generally tough. He's put on some size, so we're looking forward to seeing he what can do over the course of this year, but he needs more game time"

Chances of Jamie Elliott playing against Sydney:
Quote:
"He did some running today. I think he was ok, but I don't think he knocked it out of the park. We're clearly missing a bit of grunt in front of the ball and a bit of speed, and we've got our speeds out. Elliott, Varcoe (for different reasons), De Goey and Greenwood who have got real grunt and toe to break the space or to win the contested ball in the front half. We're a little bit dour down there at the moment. We're whacking away, but like to do better than that".

On the benefit of Wells coming back eventually:
Quote:
"It's plain as day that we've got some guys that add a little bit of x-factor that are not in the side at the moment, but at the same time Broomhead has got that capacity, Hoskin-Elliott has that capacity, we know that Fasolo has, but he was a bit quieter today. Moore has it, but he's started slowly this year, but we just have to understand, especially with Moore that he's still a young kid learning how to play the game. We could help him with the ball use there, because he's not a prop and stop forward. We need to shift the ball and we need to give him some space to move to and he can help himself as well, but we still have some work to do"

Thoughts on going smaller after dropping Mason Cox:
Quote:
"It was important for us to go in with more legs. We were looking to get more pressure in the front half. We found it very hard to get the ball in the front half in the first half. When we started to get a little bit more supply late in the 2nd quarter and early in the 3rd quarter I thought that was working for us. If you've got the big fella there, he's going to have take 4, 5 or 6 marks and kick three or four for you because he's not going to help us at ground level and I think the early season asks you for a little bit more run and that's what we were looking for tonight"

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2017-03-30/buckley-reviews-thursdays-loss

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks Jezza, much appreciated.
You gotta hand it to the man, he sure knows how to work the media. And he has a lot of points we all do. But. There is always a but. It still feels like Groundhog Day.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am

My Facebook page just took me back to 2/4/16 all these OMG 2 min to go 11 points down, and we win by 11

Fasooooooooollooooooo

And Treloar!

Sigh

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm

I think Aish is most disappointing. Aside from having zero impact on the game, he looked as if he pulled out of running back with the flight on the wing late in the game and Rance let him know about it. Don't mind so much if kids we draft don't work, but we saw him at this level and should have known what we were getting. Only 2 games in for Mayne so I still want to be hopeful, but his Fremantle stats were on a 3 year decline (goals, conversion, possessions) since 2013, another thing that we knew when we recruited him.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Can't help but notice that Travis Cloke played a really excellent game for the Bulldogs tonight, and coach Luke Beveridge was overflowing in his praise. I am sorry, but there is no explanation for this other than that our coach was utterly incapable of working with Travis Cloke to bring out his best. To claim that Cloke was "lazy and too well paid" is mind bogglingly stupid. For a coach who understood him, and gave him confidence, he would have been more than willing to reproduce his best efforts for us. To leave Darcy Moore alone in the forward line, without the support that Travis Cloke could have provided,was incredibly destructive. We are now seeing the impact of this massive failure.

Finally some sense.. come on Moretrealore give us an educated answer on why this is not correct!

Must be Troll week, another cheeky Newbie here for five minutes throwing is weight around. Trolls popping up all over the shop. Rolling Eyes

This Troll knows a lot so try listen sometimes

<Mod edit: But obviously not how to properly format a quote. Fixed. You are welcome - the mods>

YOU can listen to a five minute troll member, and his drivel, that's your choice, not mine. <snip> Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:47 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
The word is gullible.

perhaps he does, btw I'm putting you mr five minute member on ignore, so don't bother me with your negativity know it all drivel. Rolling Eyes

<Mod edit: Well done, PnC. Making use of the appropriate avenue. More on here should follow your example. Now, if you could just stick to Ignoring this individual and not responding, that would be fantastic - the mods>

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
The word is gullible.

perhaps he does, btw I'm putting you mr five minute member on ignore, so don't bother me with your negativity know it all drivel. Rolling Eyes

<Mod edit: Well done, PnC. Making use of the appropriate avenue. More on here should follow your example. Now, if you could just stick to Ignoring this individual and not responding, that would be fantastic - the mods>

No Pnc
Apparently he is legit and connected
I have some info that he is not troll.
It is a good source
That is as much as I will say.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:00 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
The word is gullible.

No Pnc
Apparently he is legit and connected
I have some info that he is not troll.
It is a good source
That is as much as I will say.

Whatever mate, hes been here five mins and reeks of arrogance, like that other very recent <snip>, you put up with their know it all drivel, I don't have too. Surprised

jg22 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:39 pm

It hurts so much to write this, but I regretfully think we are at the crossroad where we need a 15-20 goal whipping to finally blow away the cracking facade that has become the CFC. Magnificent efforts by Pendlebury, Treloar, Grundy and a couple of others is helping mask the ugly edifice hiding underneath.
As a student of CFC blood-letting (with painful memories of Ern Clarke, the Ranald Macdonald New Magpies, et al) there's no way in hell I can see Ed gently guiding Bux out the door onto Olympic Boulevard. It's going to take a massive blood-letting exercise to change this scenario.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24   

Jump to: