Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Healthy dialogue about Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:54 pm
Post subject: Healthy dialogue about CollingwoodReply with quote

Garry Lyon today on SEN today was in debate with Suzie O'Brien from the Herald Sun over the Erin Phillips saga on the weekend. The gist being that Garry was "going the footballer" and Suzie arguing the "female gender card".

After getting a PM last night in my inbox from a fellow Nickster alerting me to an alleged "bullying issue" directed at a few posters, I took the time to read back at the dialogue exchanges involved. The issue merely being the definition of what a "small crumbing forward is" and who and how the Pies have gone about addressing this modern day need over recent recruiting times.

To have this matter "Suzie O'Brien'ed" into bullying would have to be the most flagrant, exaggerated and manipulative stretch of events I have witnessed. We all love the Pies, we all have our own opinions and in times of losses Nick's represents the forum to air and share our thoughts, views and solutions.

Some views are shared, some opposed and some forced to be justified with facts and evidence. It seems when the latter is asked for and unsatisfactorily explained, various members challenged such explanations much to the chagrin of the "original poster".

Myself? Well I have plenty of opinions on the Collingwood Football Club. I share them here and get plenty of opposers. Often, I am forced to justify my views that are ridiculed and get shot down by all and sundry. However, I never pull the "bullying card" because like similar exchanges yesterday it's a discussion of facts and figures, not the individual!

<Mod edit: The bbmods team will be the ones who decide what is acceptable and what is not around here, thank you. We don't need any backseat or back channel moderation. The incident in question will be assessed and dealt with accordingly - the mods>

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And 3, 2, 1 ......
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 pm

If this joint that I have been an active member of since day dot (check my join date) is going down this PC road then I'm done. I've been accused of bullying before and it sucks. Mike (and Nick) I'm sure would agree that the rough and tumble of this forum is part of what has sustained it. There are mechanisms in place to counter any alleged bullying. If you don't like the responses you are getting then utilise them. The Prez uses this forum. The players watch it. This is where you can have your say without being encumbered by officialdom. Toughen up or get off.

<Mod edit: The bbmods team will be the ones who decide what is acceptable and what is not around here, thank you. We do not require any backseat moderation - the mods>

Last edited by Damien on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Modern Day Collingwood tolerates failure that is why your critical opinions of the club are responded by bullying and a playing of the man, rather than the ball.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Modern Day Collingwood tolerates failure that is why your critical opinions of the club are responded by bullying and a playing of the man, rather than the ball.

This is not an official forum. We tolerate all types, even fools.

slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Damien wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

This is not an official forum. We tolerate all types, even fools.

Phew....was worried a fool like me was going to be banned 😂

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Damien wrote:
If this joint that I have been an active member of since day dot (check my join date) is going down this PC road then I'm done. I've been accused of bullying before and it sucks. Mike (and Nick) I'm sure would agree that the rough and tumble of this forum is part of what has sustained it. There are mechanisms in place to counter any alleged bullying. If you don't like the responses you are getting then utilise them. The Prez uses this forum. The players watch it. This is where you can have your say without being encumbered by officialdom. Toughen up or get off.

Great call Carro!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Who is an official forum?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: