Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Howe as back or forward

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Back for sure absolute gun
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
didick wrote:
Why not leave him there, bring in Keeffe or Dunn and move Reid up forward? The dilemma then is who does Reid push out of the forwards? Cox, with White to take the occasional ruck duties?

I agree with this, imo, Moore really needs to be 'clearly' the 3rd tall at this point of his career and would benefit greatly by having someone like Reid along side him.

I'd like to see a forward line consisting of at least these 4 Moore, Reid, Elliot, Sidebottom, plus another tall (White suxs but there you go...), and whatever player at that point of time that balances the situation of the game.

I can see the attraction, but I think that Reid's calf issues started (and persisted) when he was moved forward, and I have always wondered whether this related to the run-forward-and-turn nature of forward work, compared to the more straight-line work of a backman. One for the fitness staff, I guess, but I'd hate to lose him from both again.....

I see what you're saying re Reid and I'm happy with that but... if Moore doesn't get more help up forward and have the focus taken off him compared to others then we might as well play him back and have an awesome half back line.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 pm

We need both Howe and Reid in defence, where they provide the silk.

To fix our forward problems I'd rather we go smaller and drop Cox for another small like Elliott or (eventually) Kirby.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Howe was recruited to be a forward, didn't make the grade there, and was shifted back.

Question is whether he has improved since then as a forward. He is probably worth a look again in the forward line as he should have a lot more confidence now as a in form Collingwood player, as against his first few games with the club

we have a lot more defensive options than possible forwards with a bit of flair.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
Howe was recruited to be a forward, didn't make the grade there, and was shifted back.

Question is whether he has improved since then as a forward. He is probably worth a look again in the forward line as he should have a lot more confidence now as a in form Collingwood player, as against his first few games with the club

we have a lot more defensive options than possible forwards with a bit of flair.

While he was recruited for a high HF-wing type role I'd hardly think his first game or 2 at a new club off the back of an interupted preseason is proof positive he's not up to that role longer term. At the moment it's more about team needs but I'd think both the club and Howe himself would like to revisit it at some stage. An alternative HBFer has to emerge first.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

While he was recruited for a high HF-wing type role I'd hardly think his first game or 2 at a new club off the back of an interupted preseason is proof positive he's not up to that role longer term. At the moment it's more about team needs but I'd think both the club and Howe himself would like to revisit it at some stage. An alternative HBFer has to emerge first.

His name is Hoskin-Elliott.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

His name is Hoskin-Elliott.

I'd rather see him forward or wing. At least until an alternative emerges from the medical room or the new recruits. It is certainly a role he could do, particularly if you had a Langdon type back there as well for the intercept marking. Wells would also be an option.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Both.

He's good in both roles and can swing either way when needed.

Question is, did the Melbourne supporters boo him? Will they boo him again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: