Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Practice Match #2 - Collingwood vs Footscray at Olympic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one to them, courtesy of some guy who has borrowed a spare #6 from Dalhaus...

54-92

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 pm

From the crentre bounce, blind clearing kick by Borthwick into our 50, McCarthy breaking back into the space, REELS IT IN ONE-HANDED!

From 25m, DIF... GOAL!

60-92

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Rushed to us...

61-92

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Kirby a terrific run-down tackle, holding the ball... but can't convert from 50 DIF...

62-92

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Bad turnover in the middle, Dogs pounce, another one...

62-98

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Another one to them getting over the back, as people start to leave, presumably headed for the 'G...

62-104

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 pm

...and another...

62-110

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Bests, you may wonder?

Brown has battled away all day in the middle against bigger bodies, Sier has been alright, getting a bit of the ball in there, Scharenberg has been absorbing a lot of Bulldog inside entrys and using it well, Oxley has played defensive wing and helped off-set the worst of the damage (the score could well be a lot higher) and Daicos and Kirby have shown enough to be quietly excited about.

Siren.

Full Time.

Collingwood 9.8.62
Footscray 17.8.110

GOALS - McCarthy 3, Kirby 3, Keeffe, La Fontaine, Howe

Over to you...

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks MB. Appreciate your efforts.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Looking forward to the player by player report from all those who attended.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:14 am

I won't give you an essay, Daz, but some bullet point thoughts on the AFL-listers...

- Scharenberg soaked up a lot of damage in defensive 50 as that peeling loose man. Ball use mostly good, sometimes really polished. Better for the run.

- Dunn let himself down a couple of times being out-marked deep by much smaller Bulldog opponents. Wasn't his best game after a decent JLT series. Nice and vocal though, so he didn't sulk around after being left out of the seniors...

- Brown scrapped away all day as a first choice centre square mid but was in the end overwhelmed with the bigger bodies of the Dogs midfield and lack of conditioning. Again, somewhat better for the run.

- Keeffe played as CHF/relief ruck. Took a couple of uncontested marks out on the lead and kicked a goal. Not the most effective of rucks, particularly when going with Campbell, who was one of the Dogs best.
'
- Thomas, as with Brown, was first choice for centre square and stoppage and looked a bit off it, as you'd probably expect and forgive. Depth only now.

- Daicos didn't play a consistent four quarter game (patches where he was out of it) on both HFF and wing, but very classy when he had the ball. Deduct some marks though for a 5 minute burst in the third where he had three gettable shots on goal from either crumbs or set-shot and missed them all...

- Kirby, similar story to Daicos, almost exclusively as a small pocket/flank forward. 3 goals and a nice pack hanger. Pleased with his defensive work, in spite of his fitness issues. First impression, we've got one to work with here...

- McCarthy played deep key forward, which wasn't the place to be on Friday to really influence things. Kicked three goals from marks and set-shots (two of which came in the last quarter) and gave another off to Keeffe. Another one I've only seen for the first time. First impression is, as with Kirby, something promising to work with as a fast mobile marking tall...

-McLarty played key back and made a fair go of it. Took a few relieving marks. Footskills and awareness need some work though...

- Sier worked had all day and wasn't embarrassed in the engine room, like he was in the corresponding game last year. Picked up a nice balance of inside and outside ball.

- Crocker first game back and looked like it. Not that influential. But with the limited supply for large stretches, you would expect that. Is a way off.

- Oxley played pretty much all day as a wingman, to wit the designated defensive wingman, looping back all the time to help absorb the damage from the constant inside 50 traffic from Footscray. Picked up his share of the ball and used well.

- Mackie played back pocket/half back. Demonstrated his absolute Howitzer cannon of a boot at times. Accuracy to target could use some work, however and at times let the pressure get to him.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:48 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
I won't give you an essay, Daz, but some bullet point thoughts on the AFL-listers...

- Scharenberg soaked up a lot of damage in defensive 50 as that peeling loose man. Ball use mostly good, sometimes really polished. Better for the run.

- Dunn let himself down a couple of times being out-marked deep by much smaller Bulldog opponents. Wasn't his best game after a decent JLT series. Nice and vocal though, so he didn't sulk around after being left out of the seniors...

- Brown scrapped away all day as a first choice centre square mid but was in the end overwhelmed with the bigger bodies of the Dogs midfield and lack of conditioning. Again, somewhat better for the run.

- Keeffe played as CHF/relief ruck. Took a couple of uncontested marks out on the lead and kicked a goal. Not the most effective of rucks, particularly when going with Campbell, who was one of the Dogs best.
'
- Thomas, as with Brown, was first choice for centre square and stoppage and looked a bit off it, as you'd probably expect and forgive. Depth only now.

- Daicos didn't play a consistent four quarter game (patches where he was out of it) on both HFF and wing, but very classy when he had the ball. Deduct some marks though for a 5 minute burst in the third where he had three gettable shots on goal from either crumbs or set-shot and missed them all...

- Kirby, similar story to Daicos, almost exclusively as a small pocket/flank forward. 3 goals and a nice pack hanger. Pleased with his defensive work, in spite of his fitness issues. First impression, we've got one to work with here...

- McCarthy played deep key forward, which wasn't the place to be on Friday to really influence things. Kicked three goals from marks and set-shots (two of which came in the last quarter) and gave another off to Keeffe. Another one I've only seen for the first time. First impression is, as with Kirby, something promising to work with as a fast mobile marking tall...

-McLarty played key back and made a fair go of it. Took a few relieving marks. Footskills and awareness need some work though...

- Sier worked had all day and wasn't embarrassed in the engine room, like he was in the corresponding game last year. Picked up a nice balance of inside and outside ball.

- Crocker first game back and looked like it. Not that influential. But with the limited supply for large stretches, you would expect that. Is a way off.

- Oxley played pretty much all day as a wingman, to wit the designated defensive wingman, looping back all the time to help absorb the damage from the constant inside 50 traffic from Footscray. Picked up his share of the ball and used well.

- Mackie played back pocket/half back. Demonstrated his absolute Howitzer cannon of a boot at times. Accuracy to target could use some work, however and at times let the pressure get to him.

Thank MB, doesn't look like anyone put their hand up for a senior game although Broomy and Aish who seem the closest didn't play.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:40 pm

I'd agree with that.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Are we worried about our depth??
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 pm

I wouldn't be just yet.

Would like to get Elliot/Greenwood/Langdon/Wills/De Goey back on deck soon, though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: