Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
Further to the above, I don't understand the hysteria of a 14 point loss to a good football side.

If we had lost to Richmond, then I could understand it.

If we play like we played against the Bulldogs against Richmond, Richmond won't see which way we go, despite the fact we will be again playing with a heavily undermanned team.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Of course we could play the same as we did the last time we played against Richmond (r20) which included 14 of the 22 who fronted up last Friday.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:24 am

Piesnchess wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
a good loss lmao

WE could have got belted by ten goals, against the Premier, I will take a two goal loss over that ANYDAY. Surprised

Yep Smile Early on, another first round thrashing was on the cards, but we fought back. Took the lead, even.

Something else to smile about: the Hawks, Saints, Dons, Giants and Roos are all beneath us, on the ladder.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:55 am

Look I'll admit, we ended up doing better then maybe we could have... for bit there it did look like we could lose by lots but - 1. we never ever really looked like winning and 2. every time we made enough of an effort that things might appear to change in that direction, the dogs simply went up a gear and pushed that aside.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:36 am

Look, TBWCW, "We didn't think we'd have it easy - the Welfare is a very, very good football side."
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 am

jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Yeah, I like it a lot too, but speaking as a Buckley diehard, I am still concerned that we leak those easy slingshot goals but never seem to get any ourselves. It has been happening way too long, and it's beginning to look like it is a flawed tactical strategy somewhere, rather than perosnnnel deficiency.

Other than that, I'm genuinely excited about how far we can go, as this list has some serious power. Three of the best players on our list were missing last night, and there were times when we looked awesome. Given a bit of a reprieve from the injury gods, I think it is going to be a good ride, 2017.

I think the slingshot goals are largely a consequence of:

1. Work rate of forwards and mids. If these guys aren't minding their opponent the defense moves forward to intercept allowing their own opponents to dash forward.
2. Turnovers in the midfield. An absolute killer as these generally occur when the side is charging forward. Opposition forwards have confidence we'll turn it over and lag behind for the easy rebound.
3. Slow transition through the midfield on offense. We allow the opposition to set up behind us which only heightens the propensity for turnovers.

We don't get as many because our forwards and mids either:
1. Don't work hard enough going forward to create the over the top.
2. Our forwards and mids hedge their bets because they're waiting for the turnover.

Not often that I agree with this fellow Bendigo idiot but on this occasion (being there at the game) I couldn’t agree more. In fact my thoughts exactly, hence my idiot comment.
Remedy these problems and we might improve in the long term.
Short term, I’m yet to be fully convinced about improving our game. I left the ground where the third umpire verdict in me was inconclusive! It was a difficult game to fathom and fully assess.
I hope that I’m wrong as per usual and we improve out of bloody sight this season.
The Richmond game might be a pivotal point of our season.
Need to assess current club position after that, given that we lost to the reigning Premiers by only 2 goals and a bit. Hate the term but I guess you could call it an honourable loss.
Lose to Richmond and it certainly become totally dishonourable in my opinion.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Yeah, I like it a lot too, but speaking as a Buckley diehard, I am still concerned that we leak those easy slingshot goals but never seem to get any ourselves. It has been happening way too long, and it's beginning to look like it is a flawed tactical strategy somewhere, rather than perosnnnel deficiency.

Other than that, I'm genuinely excited about how far we can go, as this list has some serious power. Three of the best players on our list were missing last night, and there were times when we looked awesome. Given a bit of a reprieve from the injury gods, I think it is going to be a good ride, 2017.

1. Work rate of forwards and mids. If these guys aren't minding their opponent the defense moves forward to intercept allowing their own opponents to dash forward.
2. Turnovers in the midfield. An absolute killer as these generally occur when the side is charging forward. Opposition forwards have confidence we'll turn it over and lag behind for the easy rebound.
3. Slow transition through the midfield on offense. We allow the opposition to set up behind us which only heightens the propensity for turnovers.

2. Our forwards and mids hedge their bets because they're waiting for the turnover.

Not often that I agree with this fellow Bendigo idiot but on this occasion (being there at the game) I couldn’t agree more. In fact my thoughts exactly, hence my idiot comment.
Short term, I’m yet to be fully convinced about improving our game. I left the ground where the third umpire verdict in me was inconclusive! It was a difficult game to fathom and fully assess.
I hope that I’m wrong as per usual and we improve out of bloody sight this season.
Need to assess current club position after that, given that we lost to the reigning Premiers by only 2 goals and a bit. Hate the term but I guess you could call it an honourable loss.

Lazza... In all the years I have been reading your rants , not once, I have read that you disagree with your fellow Gillies pie eater from Bendigo.
I really thinK you and him are the same person.
Prove me wrong Lazza!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am

Collingwoods team right now, at this stage, is like Forrest Gumps box of chocolates, MAMA SAID, YA NEVER KNOW WHAT YA GONNA GIT NEXT. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Lazza... In all the years I have been reading your rants , not once, I have read that you disagree with your fellow Gillies pie eater from Bendigo.
I really thinK you and him are the same person.
Prove me wrong Lazza!

You obviously haven’t read all my posts over the years.
We have vehemently disagreed on many occasions, especially about who is the better looking...... Twisted Evil
Nah seriously we strongly disagree and strongly agree up to about the same percentage, especially around club recruiting and player selection, even regarding assistant coaches.
But we both bleed black and white to the core as Collingwood brothers in arms and we both don't suffer fools. However sometimes in the past, I have been far more outspoken, insulting and offensive on Nick's than him and we have very strongly disagreed on that issue as well. I have mellowed down a lot since a great Nick's Mod whom I really respect (Member) spoke to me a few years back. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22   

Jump to: