Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and fitness (the race for Round 1)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It is written in the Chronicles of the Magwood that on the eve of battle Jacobi de Leapalot was smitten lame in a tourney by Mayden de Braynard, a kindly but oafish comrade. Jacobi did speak lightly of his wounds, yet the Magwood did beseech the Kneeling Prophet of Balm to draw forth a sign of Jacobi’s redemption from his sacred Calendar of Platitudes. But lo he did sayeth, “I cannot speak of it for I have been banished from the Magwood and now live in torment amidst the Jaune et Noir.”

So the Magwood did beg of Sir Edwood the portly Everlasting Lord of the Manor of Magwood, “Can Jacobi de Leapalot be soothed by supping the enchanted ale brewed by Tattskyn le Drake in his Tavern of Mystery?” And Sir Edwood did say, “Alas nay, for Tattskyn hath ventured on pilgrimage unto the Land of Gemeoutoere where he doth frolic foolishly in the Forest of Forsaken Souls. But fear not for I have taken a rib from Jacobi and conjured a graft upon Willhosk de Hyphen who cometh of late from Syndonium Ouest le Grand. And he too doth now leap an ‘el of ye lot."
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Unfortunate but incidents happen at all clubs

Only thing here is its Collingwood so something
to make "newsworthy"

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 am

Sometimes I think we're cursed! Sad
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:08 am

"Will only miss a couple of training sessions"

In Collingwood terms we should see him back by Round 5.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:13 am

I hope Billy gets good and resumes the X factor he is

In the meantime the boys have to win games without him

Faz must lift --Darc must stay fit and play well and X factor mark 2 WHE has to do
fill the gap

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:17 am

Why specifically do you hope for Billy gets good and resumes the X factor he is In the meantime the boys have to win games without him Faz must lift --Darc must stay fit and play well and X factor mark 2 WHE has to do fill the gap?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 am

Where's Crocker and Broomhead at ? both might have a chance to show what there got.

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:06 am

All players have to show what they have and apply it --its a team game
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
All players are put on crutches no matter the extent of a foot/leg injury, so I wouldn't look too much into crutches.

I'll keep you covered on the crutch looking Wink
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

barrybc41 wrote:
I hope Billy gets good and resumes the X factor he is

In the meantime the boys have to win games without him

Faz must lift --Darc must stay fit and play well and X factor mark 2 WHE has to do
fill the gap

I thought we'd made a fair start at "Winning without him' last Thursday when he played the first half and didn't return after half time.We managed to be 27 points down at the last change and caught it up pretty quickly and strolled away with it with a few novices playing in the group!! OH WAIT!! The dope had a few players out and were under done?? Hang on!!! So did we .And some had missed TWO years and we had a few missing??? Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Woods wrote:
It is written in the Chronicles of the Magwood that on the eve of battle Jacobi de Leapalot was smitten lame in a tourney by Mayden de Braynard, a kindly but oafish comrade. Jacobi did speak lightly of his wounds, yet the Magwood did beseech the Kneeling Prophet of Balm to draw forth a sign of Jacobi’s redemption from his sacred Calendar of Platitudes. But lo he did sayeth, “I cannot speak of it for I have been banished from the Magwood and now live in torment amidst the Jaune et Noir.”

So the Magwood did beg of Sir Edwood the portly Everlasting Lord of the Manor of Magwood, “Can Jacobi de Leapalot be soothed by supping the enchanted ale brewed by Tattskyn le Drake in his Tavern of Mystery?” And Sir Edwood did say, “Alas nay, for Tattskyn hath ventured on pilgrimage unto the Land of Gemeoutoere where he doth frolic foolishly in the Forest of Forsaken Souls. But fear not for I have taken a rib from Jacobi and conjured a graft upon Willhosk de Hyphen who cometh of late from Syndonium Ouest le Grand. And he too doth now leap an ‘el of ye lot."

Excellent work sir. Your thoughts on Plod du mayne, the mercenary from the western shore?

<snip>

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Woods wrote:

^Quality work, Sir Laughalot. Thou has most truly supped of the grail of hidden knowledge, etc.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 pm
Post subject: A month away. Who is or not cherry ripe for Bulldogs game?Reply with quote

We have not been getting the "Blackmoore" report on either Collingwood website or app

So how many AFL listed players are in doubt for round one about one month away

Can club keep us in the know??? M

E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 pm
Post subject: Re: A month away and who is or not cherry ripe for FootscrayReply with quote

Sinclair is likely out for the year!

Broomhead will not play round 1 and neither will Crocker or Sier.

Otherwise, i think we have a full squad to chose from (depending on whether Wells can get over his "Maxwell calf").

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Why not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: