Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Foxtel deal with Courier Mail

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:59 pm
Post subject: Foxtel deal with Courier MailReply with quote

Can anyone who is more clever than me, post the deal being advertised to subscribe to the Courier Mail and you get a Foxtel subscription included for $10 a week which includes AFL amongst other things.

Get some thoughts or am I missing something?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

from the internet

Special offer includes 12-month access to Sport and Lifestyle on Foxtel Play and a digital subscription to a News Corp Australia masthead for $10 per week.

Foxtel and News Corp Australia have joined forces to bring subscribers the very best in sport, lifestyle and news coverage with a new ‘Full on Footy Pass’ offer.

The ‘Full on Footy Pass’ ensures fans get access to the best footy coverage via Foxtel Play, Foxtel’s streaming service, including the Sport and Lifestyle packs and the best footy commentary and analysis via a digital subscription to either The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, Herald Sun or The Advertiser. At $10* per week for 12 months, this offer represents amazing value for any footy fan and is available to new Foxtel Play subscribers and digital subscribers to News Corp Australia mastheads.

Today’s news means that for an extra $5 per week on top of their News Corp Australia digital subscription, new subscribers will get access to Foxtel’s incredible sport and lifestyle programming on Foxtel Play.

The ‘Full on Footy Pass’ offer kicks off just as a host of highly anticipated sport fixtures are gearing up to take to the screen in March featuring every game of every round of the NRL and AFL, plus every race and qualifying match of V8 Supercars and Formula 1 live. In addition, subscribers will have access to Foxtel’s massive coverage of Australian and international sport including the NBA and Major League Baseball on ESPN from the US and the best in European soccer on beIN Sport.

Summary... get a digital copy of your local fascist news corp paper for $5 per week and for an extra $5 dollars per week get the digital access to the sports channel.
So $40 or so for a month or there and about.
Foxtel sports pack over their cable is only just over $50.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm

I get Pissed how New Customers get great Deals and Long Term Customers get F**k All
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I get Pissed how New Customers get great Deals and Long Term Customers get F**k All

Absolutely Dave. Friends say you're better off calling up to cancel and then get renegotiating!

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 am

Not sure you can watch it on a TV though - isn't it just PC and device based?

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/sport-focus/2017/02/21/foxtel-sport-package/?utm_source=Responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170222_TND
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/sport-focus/2017/02/21/foxtel-sport-package/?utm_source=Responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170222_TND

Plenty of ways to watch it on TV's.

Most smart TV's will have the Foxtel play app if they don't already have it.

Or you can use a chromecast dongle if you don't have a smart TV.

Or you can just cast it from your tablet or phone to most TV's.

Always plenty of ways around it, and it won't be in a phone size screen like the AFL live pass is.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 am

So Matty, you can chromecast it from the Foxtel Play app on your phone, but can you chromecast from the AFL Live pass?
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I signed up yesterday, now waiting for their email for the link.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:24 pm

An update on this. I cancelled my 12 month subscription when the link came through. My 18 month old LG Smart tv is not compatable with their offer. The offer stated I could stream live on all LG Smart TV's.

After a bit of a sh1tfight, with their marketing dep't, I was released from the 12 month contract.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Reading the Herald Sun down the pub today and at least 4 pages throughout it had ad for the buying of a subscription which would include having acsess to Foxtel every game live
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:22 pm

didick wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Plenty of ways to watch it on TV's.

Most smart TV's will have the Foxtel play app if they don't already have it.

Or you can use a chromecast dongle if you don't have a smart TV.

Or you can just cast it from your tablet or phone to most TV's.

Always plenty of ways around it, and it won't be in a phone size screen like the AFL live pass is.

So Matty, you can chromecast it from the Foxtel Play app on your phone, but can you chromecast from the AFL Live pass?

Nah, almost certain that the AFL live pass is a thing to be avoided at all costs now due to the restriction in screen size.

You can of course always finds ways to maximise that screen size but the resolution will decrease as you increase the size.

The only way to watch AFL footy (and other sports like NRL, NBL, A leaugue) is to pay for a foxtel subscription of sorts.

Just be careful with Foxtel play, before signing up do these checks;

1. Do you have a smart TV, preferrably a Sony or Samsung one
2. Are you connected to the NBN or is your internet connection at least 10mbs. (mine is 3-4 so I can't stream Foxtel play on my smart TV)
3. Do your homework on the price. For the most simple package it works out just over $40 a month with the News ltd deal. And you will not have anywhere near as many channels as you now have under even the most simple foxtel package with sports.

It's all a little bit of a con job at the moment. If your internet is fast enough and you actually use the news ltd websites, then it's not a terrible deal.

But its not there yet. There will be no HD through Foxtel play for a while either.

I'll stick with paying for a basic + sports "normal" foxtel package for this year at least, well until we get the NBN here (outer SE melb) anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: