Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently 46% of Americans already want him impeached. Not just disagree with him but want him impeached. That's not bad after a month.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 pm

So 54% of Americans do not want him impeached?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 am

Jezza wrote:

Well at least you can count better than your average Trump supporter Jezza. Razz

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 am

Why not?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Jezza wrote:

No US President has ever been removed from office through impeachment. Bill Clinton was the most recent President to be threatened with impeachment in 1999 but he was acquitted by the Senate.

In the wake of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon stepped down at the point when articles of impeachment were being recommended to the House of Representatives.

An impeachment of Trump would have to pass through a Republican-led Senate and a Supreme Court which will soon have a Republican majority, making it an unlikely prospect at present.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-faces-not-my-presidents-day-impeachment-rallies-on-national-holiday-a7588046.html

Democratic officials in Republican-dominated Washington view the entire subject as a trap, a premature discussion that could backfire in spectacular fashion by making the party appear too overzealous in its opposition to Trump. Worse, they fear, it could harden Republican support for the president by handing his party significant fundraising and political ammunition when the chances of success for an early impeachment push are remote, at best.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-impeachment-democrats-235184

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm glad we've all reached the point that we agree that the real measure of the presidency is whether a particular incumbent gets put up for impeachment.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm glad we've all reached the point that we agree that the real measure of the presidency is whether a particular incumbent gets put up for impeachment.

You have a funny way of looking at things Confused

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:59 pm

I try to please, Skids.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Skids wrote:
Jezza wrote:

No US President has ever been removed from office through impeachment. Bill Clinton was the most recent President to be threatened with impeachment in 1999 but he was acquitted by the Senate.

In the wake of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon stepped down at the point when articles of impeachment were being recommended to the House of Representatives.

An impeachment of Trump would have to pass through a Republican-led Senate and a Supreme Court which will soon have a Republican majority, making it an unlikely prospect at present.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-faces-not-my-presidents-day-impeachment-rallies-on-national-holiday-a7588046.html

Democratic officials in Republican-dominated Washington view the entire subject as a trap, a premature discussion that could backfire in spectacular fashion by making the party appear too overzealous in its opposition to Trump. Worse, they fear, it could harden Republican support for the president by handing his party significant fundraising and political ammunition when the chances of success for an early impeachment push are remote, at best.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-impeachment-democrats-235184

While impeachment is certainly less likely in a Republican-controlled House and Senate, I think the article quoted above understates the suspicion with which Trump is held by elements in his own party. John McCain, a Republican senator of considerable influence, has already publicly stated that he thinks Trump is an unsuitable president, and Republican speaker of the house Paul Ryan has always at best supported Trump through gritted teeth. I could easily see both of them turn on Trump well before his term is up, and if they do, they will have numbers behind them.

As for the reference to 'Republican' judges on the supreme court, such descriptions are more reflective of their ideological leanings than any partisan allegiances. And the fact that Trump gets to appoint the next one makes little difference: let's not forget that Whitlam was sacked by his own governor-general appointee. The judges' job is to interpret the constitution; their decision will primarily depend on how strong the case against Trump is.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Doesn't the POTUS have to actually do something wrong before they can be impeached? Not just stuff his ideological opponents don't like?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Doesn't the POTUS have to actually do something wrong before they can be impeached? Not just stuff his ideological opponents don't like?

It's possible it's the first time that the US security agencies are actively targeting there new President instead of protecting him at all costs.

I'm sure some are very interested in exploring any links he might have to Russia in particular.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

It's possible it's the first time that the US security agencies are actively targeting there new President instead of protecting him at all costs.

I'm sure some are very interested in exploring any links he might have to Russia in particular.

Conflicts of interest and links to foreign powers both look very likely. I'd have said his intervention on behalf of his daughter's clothing business is already nearly an abuse of office. There are two things here - nearly everyone wants him politically dead ; and he hands out lots of free ammunition.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:27 am

Trump is being exposed on a daily basis and his response is it's all "Fake News". The media need to accept responsibility for people agreeing with Trump. Decades of dumbing down the people is about to backfire. Geez, even Fox and Friends and Murdoch are pissed at Trump. Really, do we want Mike Pence as President?

Wars make the American Economy Boom and if you look at all the people who have been put into positions in the US administration, they are all Pro War. If the US goes to war with anyone I just hope Australia has the balls to say "No".
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:46 am

I like this interview...

http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/jewish_news.php?Itemid=25459

"We are not going to put up with the distortions and people who believe they have a monopoly on the truth, simply because they have 60 years of a letterhead above them.... Not going to happen"

BOOM!

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Skids wrote:
I like this interview...

http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/jewish_news.php?Itemid=25459

"We are not going to put up with the distortions and people who believe they have a monopoly on the truth, simply because they have 60 years of a letterhead above them.... Not going to happen"

BOOM!

What?

The mainstrean media is lying to us?

Well I'll be damned Laughing

All giggles aside, anyone suggesting that the US presidency is anti-semitic just hasn't been paying any attention whatsoever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 21 of 222   

Jump to: