Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Spudding it up: Ex Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
12 possessions and 2 goals is suddenly a great game for Cloke, aparently

His first practice match last year he had 10 possessions and 2 points. So two possessions and a bit of accuracy and all of a sudden he's "rejuvenated". Give me a spell.

Hey, he might turn out to be amazing for the dogs but the love for him after one stupid pre-season practice match makes me as sick as the love for the returning Bummers players. Not that I think they should be victimised but to hold them up like some sort of shining example of sportsman just makes me want to puke.

As for Frosty... not sure why there's any spite for him. What did he do wrong? Came from nowhere, had a stunning season or two and then faded into obscurity.

Grrrrrrr

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Trading history is littered with wins and losses for every club. We're probably in front over my journey as a supporter I reckon. I wish em all well once they leave. Just not against us.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
From the vision I saw Stui it was blowing a gale there and his 2 goals went straight through the guts. Enough said I think.

That's why they went through, they were blown off course Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

His first practice match last year he had 10 possessions and 2 points. So two possessions and a bit of accuracy and all of a sudden he's "rejuvenated". Give me a spell.

Hey, he might turn out to be amazing for the dogs but the love for him after one stupid pre-season practice match makes me as sick as the love for the returning Bummers players. Not that I think they should be victimised but to hold them up like some sort of shining example of sportsman just makes me want to puke.

As for Frosty... not sure why there's any spite for him. What did he do wrong? Came from nowhere, had a stunning season or two and then faded into obscurity.

Grrrrrrr

Agree rather bummers @sobrave! They should have their tails between their legs for the year

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am

Mr Tony Armstrong and his ilk have always reminded me of that moment when the Australian captain, having had his much heralded fast bowling attack blunted, in desperation tosses the ball to Ray Bright...

In other words, we run out of players. Frequently. Remember that terrible night they put Shane Wakelin in the ruck because we had run out of big blokes.

Jessie can pinch hit in the ruck, which makes him a more useful citizen than Dawes, Lynch and Cloke. We finally have a decent ruckman, and the back up if he falls over, which includes Jessie. I think with the Frost situation, we couldn't afford himself and Keeffe in the same defence, so we chose Keeffe. Likewise with Witts.

When I saw Mayne - blond perm, big feet, he reminded me of someone - it was Alan "Wonky Knees" Edwards, the controversial, oft injured champion who got majorly injured in the 1980 elimination final, but gave us a decent grand final the year before...

Hope that Mayne gives us a more useful playing career. If a bloke is useless as a forward, then is it time, like Morwood and Picken, to send him to the backline?
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:52 am

Hey Accumulator maybe you should stop hash tagging things and learn to read?

Thanks Think Positive I knew someone would get it!
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 am

Wasn't one C Gault tearing it up during the pre-season last year, to the point he was a compelling pick for Round 1?

If Travis had kicked 10 I would be concerned, though I confess for barracking against the first one from close in.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Stellar game!

What a $£$%^%%$ joke the media are.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Accumulator wrote:
Enough said? Cloke is a spud and has been a spud for years. He kicks two goals in a kick and giggle game and you're all over him. Travis is probably a great bloke but he clearly can't play the current game and by reading your comments you clearly don't understand the current game. #enoughsaid

Three doggies fans I know, don't want him at the dogs at all, they call him cloke the dope. They reckon Beveridge has made a big blue in getting him, but I guess time will tell. I cant see him all of a sudden, not missing soda goals, its his stock in trade now, an old habit he cant break. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Accumulator wrote:
Enough said? Cloke is a spud and has been a spud for years. He kicks two goals in a kick and giggle game and you're all over him. Travis is probably a great bloke but he clearly can't play the current game and by reading your comments you clearly don't understand the current game. #enoughsaid

Three doggies fans I know, don't want him at the dogs at all, they call him cloke the dope. They reckon Beveridge has made a big blue in getting him, but I guess time will tell. I cant see him all of a sudden, not missing soda goals, its his stock in trade now, an old habit he cant break. Surprised

I'm hoping Cloke does well at the Bulldogs, but I mean, he kicked two goals and some people are already going over the top about his prospects with the Bulldogs. Aaron Black kicked four goals in the Geelong match and he is a total hack who couldn't hold his place in a team that loses two of their best tall forwards.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Just a reminder about the thread! Isn't a relief that we no longer have to endure the disposal of Frost and Marley?
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Accumulator wrote:

Trav is a big confidence player so I wouldn't be shocked if his performances get better in the short term. At the Pies he was the subject of a lot of negative press, but the media seems far more supportive suddenly (surprise, surprise) That sort of stuff seems to make a big difference to Trav.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: