Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS targets moderate Mullahs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:41 pm
Post subject: ISIS targets moderate MullahsReply with quote

Quote:
Islamic State has taken aim at several Australian religious scholars in its latest propaganda video, calling on followers to kill the sheikhs because they discourage violence.

Youth leader Sheikh Shady Alsuleiman, NSW Police Force chaplain Sheikh Ahmed Abdo and the Grand Mufti of Australia, Ibrahim Abu Mohamed, have been branded "collaborators, informers and apostates" in the 25-minute video titled Fight the leaders of disbelief.

We say we want the Islamic leaders to come out against ISIS. We want them to encourage assimilation and for Muslims to accept and follow the laws of the country they live in.

Not a lot do, at least publically. Maybe this is why.

http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/australian-muslim-leaders-targeted-in-islamic-state-propaganda-video-20170213-gublgc.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's true that "not a lot" of Islamic community leaders have spoken out against ISIS, but it's undoubtedly the case that there can be a heavy price for doing so. Hopefully this is just mere rhetoric on their part and nobody will be harmed as a result.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:13 pm

The very definition of psychopaths.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Meh, a scumbag somewhere in a hell-hole releases a video tape reciting a list of names of people who do not like its fascist political group (and yes, Isis do meet a reasonable definition of Fascist). I think it's a bit of a non-story, played up to make it seem that there are a lot of vigorous Muslim clerics screaming their opposition to what is being done in the name of their religion. Unfortunately, while there is undoubtedly opposition, the volume control seems to me way too low on their damnation of ISIS, Al-Qaeda and jihadism generally.

Anyway, any cleric who is cowed by threats of this nature for defending their faith needs to go back to something a little less demanding.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Unfortunately, while there is undoubtedly opposition, the volume control seems to me way too low on their damnation of ISIS, Al-Qaeda and jihadism generally.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how loud the volume is when people aren't watching your channel.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 pm

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Unfortunately, while there is undoubtedly opposition, the volume control seems to me way too low on their damnation of ISIS, Al-Qaeda and jihadism generally.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how loud the volume is when people aren't watching your channel.

Au contraire. I've been listening very carefully. One has to strain to hear, too much of the time. This is the religion, remember, where senior clerics were in favour having Salman Rushdie executed for the crime of writing a book. While ISIS might be stronger meat, and it is now some time ago, I doubt the fundamental beliefs have changed.

Meanwhile, this is certainly interesting as a barometer of feeling about ISIS among Muslims in the West
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/muslim-leader-isis-supporting-brits-disenfranchised-6018357

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:34 pm

No really, it's true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: