Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Post inauguration Trump:Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
The experts estimate the 470,000 participated in the women's march in DC. And when attendance at similar marches in other US states are thrown in, the total protest is estimated to have included from one million to 2.6 million people.

That makes them the biggest protests since the Vietnam War; and in anyone's language, a passionate pushback to a new presidency

Wonder how many actually got of their butts and voted?

On another note that Madonna is a class act! Rolling Eyes

No wonder her kid wanted to stay with his old man!

re Madonna - who cares!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stui magpie said:

Don't care.....

WPT said:

I don't think so Razz Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Well WPT I couldn't give a fat rats clacker what the silly old mutton dressed up as lamb slapper has to say - but seeing she was delivering a speech - I'm assuming she was invited to do so - at the Women's March well ..... Wink

Last edited by Morrigu on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 pm

This thread is about Trump post inauguration: Rather than continue with the thread US elections because the elections as we all know is over. The issue in the last day or so has been about the mass demonstrations in the US & around the world against trump.

Whether you think the left ain't what it used to be, whether you quote provocateurs like Panahii is all irrelevant & misses the point about the last 2 days with respect to how many people turned out.

Whether you support them or not or get side tracked with red herrings the point is this has been the largest turnout since the Vietnam War apparently.
That's mighty impressive (whether you support their views or not).

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Exchange rate still going up every so slightly - 76 today - so all good and keep rising!!!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Trump is a dangerous lout, but Madonna represents much the same thing on the other side. Our civilisation has lost the fundamental value of courtesy and civility, without which real progress is going to be very difficult. Whenever people talk about "respect", it is usually a sign that some act of profound disrespect is not far away.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Trump is a dangerous lout, but Madonna represents much the same thing on the other side. Our civilisation has lost the fundamental value of courtesy and civility, without which real progress is going to be very difficult. Whenever people talk about "respect", it is usually a sign that some act of profound disrespect is not far away.

With respect Wink , Madonna is irrelevant has no power relative to Trump on the who is not irrelevant & has power....

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:41 pm

^ With respect when I see the same number of women marching to protest the genital mutilation of young girls, forced marriage of young girls, the gang rape of women and young girls in India, the "honour" killings ( let alone the the horrific mutilation and scarring) of women in Pakistan and other so called civilised countries around the world then I wil applaud - this is just " look at me with my snazzy little " pussy hat" probably made in China or another Asian country Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ With respect when I see the same number of women marching to protest the genital mutilation of young girls, forced marriage of young girls, the gang rape of women and young girls in India, the "honour" killings ( let alone the the horrific mutilation and scarring) of women in Pakistan and other so called civilised countries around the world then I wil applaud - this is just " look at me with my snazzy little " pussy hat" probably made in China or another Asian country Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

It's utterly irrelevant to this Morrigu & is a distraction from the fact that over 2 million marched against Trump & what he stands for.

The people also didn't march for killing of puppies in factory farms, or killing of elephants for ivory or whatever. That does not make it less unimpressive.

It's a distraction to level that argument about more worthy causes. There always are. None of which is to say that those issues aren't important of course they are but to level that at an anti-Trump march across the country makes no sense and merely serves to belittle the magnitude of the demonstration which was held with good spirits & good humour in the main.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

With respect Wink , Madonna is irrelevant has no power relative to Trump on the who is not irrelevant & has power....

True, and that is why I said "what she represents" in my post.

I think they both show, in their behaviours, the loss of civility and courtesy which are the real cancer in our civic life. They create each other.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:08 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
In other news, a bill was introduced to Congress earlier this month which, if passed, will see the USA puling out of the UN.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193/text

Worth watching the progress of this one.

MM

Good I hope they do and we should as well biggest con of an organisation ever!

They started out with ideals but have increasingly become an ineffectual corrupt waste of money!

How can anyone possibly think they are not corrupt when in 2016 they elected Saudi Arabia to a 3-year term on the UN Human Rights Council!!!

I agree with Trump club for people ( IMHO hangers on and social wannabes) to have a good time - piss them off they cause more issues than they ever solve and waste squillions of dollars that could be much better spent Evil or Very Mad

You're not wrong about the UN's corruption and amorality, but the world would be a much more dangerous place without it. If the US drops out, that is really, really bad news.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Samantha Bee - smart, clever, funny - great writers:

http://samanthabee.com

It's gunna be a great time for political satire

From the Daily Show

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm

absolute bollocks WPT!!

There are many marches and protests against puppy farms, animal rights, killing of elephants for ivory , rhinos for their horns, slaughter of whales for "science" they won't ever get the same numbers as humans are selfish and on the whole don't give a fck unless it directly impacts them or it is trendy! Evil or Very Mad

You just want to bestow greater importance on the anti Trump protest as it suits your point of view - doesn't impress me one iota- and tell me exactly why I should be impressed by a protest of some septics many of who probably couldn't be arsed actually voting - protesting about a bloke who said " you can grab them on the pussy" - when they don't seem to give a rats about the real issues confronting women as mentioned earlier!

Last edited by Morrigu on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

True, and that is why I said "what she represents" in my post.

I think they both show, in their behaviours, the loss of civility and courtesy which are the real cancer in our civic life. They create each other.

Cheers I got that - just thought it was curious to juxtapose the two.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Morrigu wrote:
absolute bollocks WPT!!

There are many marches and protests against puppy farms, animal rights, killing of elephants for ivory , rhinos for their horns, slaughter of whales for "science" they won't ever get the same numbers as humans are selfish and on the whole don't give a fck unless it directly impacts them or it is trendy! Evil or Very Mad

You just want to bestow greater importance on the anti Trump protest as it suits your point of view - doesn't impress me one iota- and tell me exactly why I should be impressed by a protest of some septics many of who probably couldn't be arsed actually voting - protesting about a bloke who said " you can grab them on the pussy" - when they don't seem to give a rats about the real issues confronting women as mentioned earlier!

You miss the point: Because there were over well over 2 million of them. Agreeing or disagreeing with their views is neither here nor there.

Again the other issues are a distraction from the impressive fact that there were well over 2 million. In the same way that the million man march was initially organised by the fascist & racist Farrakhan - it was still an impressive turnout.

How would you know if over 2 million people protesting peacefully is just being trendy? That is bullocks Morrigu.

To suggest it's not impressive is bizarre whether you agree or don't agree with the actions of the people protesting - it's irrelevant whether I support them or not. Over 2 million people is a hell of a lot of people (unless you're in china or India)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 2 of 222   

Jump to: