Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pool fences

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:15 pm
Post subject: Pool fencesReply with quote

Pool fence warning after toddler scales and opens gate in Adelaide

An Adelaide mother's video warning about flawed pool fencing which showed a two-year-old boy swinging open a gate has gone viral.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-15/pool-fence-warning-after-two-year-old-opens-gate/8183500?pfmredir=sm

Pool fences, what a ridiculous thing to have or rely on!

There's 100's of open; drains, swamps, lakes, rivers & miles of coastline that aren't fenced.

Because my pool was put in pre 2000, I am not required to have one. What I must have is; self closing gates with a 1.2m minimum height catch, windows that can only open 100mm if they access the backyard, a self closing sliding door on my games room and my electric roller door must close within 60 seconds after openning.

Why are my regulations different to my neighbours?

If your kids can't swin... bloody supervise them!

Last edited by Skids on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must you have is; self closing gates with a 1point 3m minimum height catch windows that can open 100mm if they access the backyard a self closing sliding door on his or her games room and his or her electric roller door must close 60 seconds after openning?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Pool fencesReply with quote

Skids wrote:
Pool fence warning after toddler scales and opens gate in Adelaide

An Adelaide mother's video warning about flawed pool fencing which showed a two-year-old boy swinging open a gate has gone viral.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-15/pool-fence-warning-after-two-year-old-opens-gate/8183500?pfmredir=sm

Pool fences, what a ridiculous thing to have or rely on!

There's 100's of open; drains, swamps, lakes, rivers & miles of coastline that aren't fenced.

Because my pool was put in pre 2000, I am not required to have one. What I must have is; self closing gates with a 1.2m minimum height catch, windows that can only open 100mm if they access the backyard, a self closing sliding door on my games room and my electric roller door must close within 60 seconds after openning.

Why are my regulations different to my neighbours?

If your kids can't swin... bloody supervise them!

Yeah I agree, they can give a false sense of security.

So easy to put something next to it to climb on, mum or dad leaves a big bucket upside down next to it or something. When we went away last time I said I'd leave our bins out the front so my daughter didn't have to worry about the gate locks. She said no mum, if you do that you can use them to jump the gate. I'd never thought if that. And then I moved the planter box away from the pool fence, even though our kids are grown up.

and yes there is plenty of unsupervised, or insufficiently supervised, kids at the beach, the park on the lake etc, where you would actually expect to be supervising them!

I do wonder why there seems to have been a sudden increase in drowning deaths though. Adults too.

Also I didn't realise that old pools don't have to conform?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Pool fencesReply with quote

think positive wrote:

Also I didn't realise that old pools don't have to conform?

Don't know if it's only WA, but that is the rule here.

Looks so much better without the prison fence look.

Years ago, I was home on break and a heap of Mum's and their kids came over to our place. I was cooking a barby near the pool, all the Mums went inside and a swarm of 8 year olds jumped in the water.
You would think that if one of these kids couldn’t swim the mum would've told me. Nah, go inside and grab a wine. Lucky i was watching, one little girl jumped in and went straight to the bottom!
Dived in and had her out in a jiffy.
Did I rip strips off her Mum! Unbelievable.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a glass fence, so no prison look! I agree they spoil it.

I rescued a kid from a freezing pool years ago, she was about 5, her grandad was there reading the paper. She jumped in and my daughter (about 5 also bug a good swimmer) was trying to help her, but she was getting dragged under by the other kid. I dove in shoes clothes the works and got them both out. I let the stupid old prick have it, and he was so nonplussed I was gobsmacked!

I hope you gave that mother a good talking to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: