Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Comparison with 2009/2010?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I would be very surprised if we don't win more games this year than last year, but we're coming from so far back, that finals might be beyond us. Gubby should be given a lot of credit for shaking the place up and getting the right individuals into the club. Pity it ended the way it did for him but his fate is symptomatic of the blame game culture our society has become.

'Aint that the truth.

Fair dinkum, I bet you very few people own mirrors as that is never looked at when blame is directed. They blame everyone but themselves these days. Rolling Eyes

others might be like that, but not me .....

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 am

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
I don't get the comparison to 2009 at all.

In 2009 we had made the finals the previous 3 seasons leading into it, and then were a clear top 4 team in 2009.

In 2016 we, even without injuries, were at best a bottom of the 8 side, if not outside the 8.

If anything it's more like 2005 and 2006. 2005 was 2016 almost, a team that had some talent but wasn't fully devleoped yet, and had a bad run with injuries.

So 2017 at absolute best will be like 2006, a finals appearance, but as a 5th-8th placed side.

You're absolutely dreaming if you think we can go from absolutely balls out sucking for the last 3 seasons to being a top 4 side.

I'll be stoked, absolutely stoked if we win more games then we lose next season, I still see it as a developmental year after stuffing up so much from 2012-2016.

My expectations may be seen as low by most, but they are realistic.

Your expectations are pessimistic not realistic. As for me, mine are optimistic, but that's just the way I roll. I'm predicting us to finish 4-6 on the ladder. We'll find out one way or another in about 8 months I guess.

Respect your views RB but just saying that I made the very same prediction the last 4 years and was way off. Once, twice thrice, four times bitten, l twice shy but that's just for me. I have no problems with others speculating or guessing about end of season finishes. Can be a lot of fun.

I just hate it when I get something so very wrong for four bloody years, both in life and footy.... Rolling Eyes

Yup

Remember winning those three preseason games? How excited were we?
Til we lost swanny forever, and got our arses handed to us on a platter

The only thing I take from last year, is I saw improvement in Pendles as a captain, I still remember me and half a bottle of scotch saying that first round 'Pendles ain't a captains arsehole!'

I think we have a great team, but I have very low expectations, TBH, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 am

E wrote:
Lazza wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I would be very surprised if we don't win more games this year than last year, but we're coming from so far back, that finals might be beyond us. Gubby should be given a lot of credit for shaking the place up and getting the right individuals into the club. Pity it ended the way it did for him but his fate is symptomatic of the blame game culture our society has become.

'Aint that the truth.

Fair dinkum, I bet you very few people own mirrors as that is never looked at when blame is directed. They blame everyone but themselves these days. Rolling Eyes

others might be like that, but not me .....

Ditto

Do you guys really think gubby was hard done by!? Seriously?

We got lucky, he came in did his stuff and got banned, but by gees it leaves a bad taste

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:11 pm

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
I don't get the comparison to 2009 at all.

In 2009 we had made the finals the previous 3 seasons leading into it, and then were a clear top 4 team in 2009.

In 2016 we, even without injuries, were at best a bottom of the 8 side, if not outside the 8.

If anything it's more like 2005 and 2006. 2005 was 2016 almost, a team that had some talent but wasn't fully devleoped yet, and had a bad run with injuries.

So 2017 at absolute best will be like 2006, a finals appearance, but as a 5th-8th placed side.

You're absolutely dreaming if you think we can go from absolutely balls out sucking for the last 3 seasons to being a top 4 side.

I'll be stoked, absolutely stoked if we win more games then we lose next season, I still see it as a developmental year after stuffing up so much from 2012-2016.

My expectations may be seen as low by most, but they are realistic.

Your expectations are pessimistic not realistic. As for me, mine are optimistic, but that's just the way I roll. I'm predicting us to finish 4-6 on the ladder. We'll find out one way or another in about 8 months I guess.

Respect your views RB but just saying that I made the very same prediction the last 4 years and was way off. Once, twice thrice, four times bitten, l twice shy but that's just for me. I have no problems with others speculating or guessing about end of season finishes. Can be a lot of fun.

I just hate it when I get something so very wrong for four bloody years, both in life and footy.... Rolling Eyes

Yup

Remember winning those three preseason games? How excited were we?
Til we lost swanny forever, and got our arses handed to us on a platter

The only thing I take from last year, is I saw improvement in Pendles as a captain, I still remember me and half a bottle of scotch saying that first round 'Pendles ain't a captains arsehole!'

I think we have a great team, but I have very low expectations, TBH, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong!

Totally agree TP.

Nothing is certain irrespective of how hard we speculate, guess or predict!

I'm on the HOPE bandwagon -

Happy on Occasions Pies are Excellent!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: