Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 700, 701, 702 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love some mid to high 20's for a period rather than this brides nighty weather.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Started building an outdoor table yesterday out of the timber I saved from tearing down the old shed.

Legs are 5"x5" redgum, come up a treat after a hit with the plane. Pulling all the nails etc out was a PITA and involved several different methods, including locking pliers and the weapon of last resort, the nail punch. Still I think I've killed the plane blades.

Frame is made from the old 4x2 hardwood timbers in the shed, NFI what they are.

Top will be interesting. Got a couple of large pieces in different condition. I'll have to work through the different options and see what works. For now, frame is up and standing, 2100 x 1000 x 800mm at this stage, all level and square. Gonna weigh about 200kg when finished.

I'm not too fussed about trying to be fancy, I'm a bush carpenter at best. No fancy joints, just add more screws. I want it to be a homage to the old building materials, but I'll take it easy.

Second Sunday in a row I've woken up unable to use my left arm due to tendonitis, definition of a slow learner (read stubborn) but I'm doing the exercises the doc gave me and that's working slowly.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Edit that, they're working quickly Very Happy

Been repeating the exercises while chilling and already noticing a big difference. Simple shit, easy to do, I can actually make a fist with my left hand and the pain is 3/10 which is borderline nothing. Very Happy

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Wandered down to Willi today with the hubby to tour the new Sea Shepherd ship - the Ocean Warrior ( correct date Embarassed )

Wow - 360 views from the bridge, short and long range radar, 4 massive hybrid engines capable of 30 knots, designed to cut through the Southern Ocean swells without decreasing speed and a massive water cannon!

Thank you Netherlands - whilst our useless mob sit on their collective fat arses, waggle their figures and mutter tsk tsk 😡😡

Go get em boys and girls - stop their kills and chase em all the way back to Nippon land!!!!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Guys, did anybody catch the Crowded House concert broadcast on ABC tonight? F*cking EPIC. Neil Finn still the best musician on this planet.

Lots of people posted some very nostalgic and humorous tweets that were run along the bottom of the screen. The crowd was in very fine voice too.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:16 am

Morrigu wrote:
Wandered down to Willi today with the hubby to tour the new Sea Shepherd ship - the Ocean Warrior ( correct date Embarassed )

Wow - 360 views from the bridge, short and long range radar, 4 massive hybrid engines capable of 30 knots, designed to cut through the Southern Ocean swells without decreasing speed and a massive water cannon!

Thank you Netherlands - whilst our useless mob sit on their collective fat arses, waggle their figures and mutter tsk tsk 😡😡

Go get em boys and girls - stop their kills and chase em all the way back to Nippon land!!!!

Any other weapons?

I'm thinking those wheel spikes from the movie Grease...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYC-hVEpQM
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Been riding my bike to work & back a fair bit recently (30 km round trip) & enjoying it. Tomorrow off to the Harold Holt memorial pool swim some laps - before riding on to work. Have some work to do to get back 1km of freestyle alternating with breaststroke) probably start at about 600-700 metres then build up over a few weeks if I can do it every 2nd or 3rd day.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Had a pretty good day today. Day off work is always a good start.

Took mums car to the garage first thing for a service, nice 2.5k walk home.

The off to see a bloke called Mick who has a shed in Thommo selling second hand timber. Quite a character. Used to own the Victoria Hotel near the Vic Market, has this massive bar(actually 2 pieces) each from a single tree trunk The tree must have been 3m plus in diameter but was hollow on one side so he has two slices from the tree, each around 4 footy high, good bar height, with all the timber polished up. Looks mint. Apparently they didn't have the hotel on the market but some Chinese offered them too much to refuse.

Anyway, the reason I went there is I'm building an outdoor table from the timber I recycled from tearing down the old shed. I don't have enough decent stuff to make a good table top (frame is done) so I went for a browse.

After a good yak and a look around settled on a couple of lengths of hardwood about 44cm wide and 7cm thick. Settled on a price then asked if he could cut me 2 2.2m lengths as they were each over 3m, longer than I needed and I couldn't get them home. All good, knocked a bit off the price, I gave him a hand getting them out and cutting them off.

Soon as he made the first cut, he swore. He had thought it was just hardwood, but it looks like either red gum or some western something. If he had of known, he would have charged me more but he just said, we'd already settled a price so too bad.

I cheered him up by pointing out that now he knows, he can do something special with the two 1.2m lengths he has left.

Off to Bunnings with the wood in the back to buy a belt sander, sausage for brunch, then home.

Messed around with the wood and settled on a table top layout I like. Now just got to sand it all back, screw it together and oil it.

Then I cleaned out the back room and part of the new shed so that when Mums stuff arrives out of storage on Tuesday everything is set up ready.

Then i put the downpipes up on the shed. The garden side was OK, I could use the ladder so I could screw it together 3m up in the air no problems, the park side, not so. Tennis Elbow doesn't appreciate standing on top of a 6 foot fence, hanging on for balance with your bad arm while trying to drill self tappers straight into steel downpipe. As you push the drill against the downpipe you need to compensate by pulling your body weight back toward the shed with the bad arm. Owwww.

So that was today. Very Happy

Next two days I've got about another half tonne of dirt to move and a table to finish. By Monday morning i might need a sling on my arm.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 pm

I love it, love it, love it when smartarse bullies who think they are so clever come unstuck!!!! Suck it up eejit Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Sounds like a great day Stui, now get the bloody tree up! Your mum will decorate, I'm sure!

My brother in law who is fighting kidney cancer, and secondary in his liver wasnt doing well on chemo anymore, so they switched to a drug that was only approved in feb. a lot of trials done in the States, and I follow a forum where people talk about their treatments, and a lot of terminals live a lot longer than expected. Well good news for a change, he's been on it for one month, and his bloods were improved, not just better, and he looks and feels so much better. We know he's on borrowed time, but hey, we will borrow as much as possible thanks while he is still feeling good! Cheers. I don't need anything else for Christmas, that's all the gifts I need!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Tell me more about your family.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Yard done, dirt moved, Elbow working, shoulder sore but working, table tomorrow's job.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:06 am

Been following this for a while, fantastic result, hopefully the Trumped up one doesn't turn it over

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-dakota-pipeline-idUSKBN13T0QX

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Roughead clear of cancer, now I can get back to hating him on the footy field. Happy for anyone that beats that awful $$%^%%$ disease
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Great news for Roughead. Best outcome he could have asked for.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 700, 701, 702 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 701 of 866   

Jump to: