Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Peter Dutton: Lebanese migration was a mistake

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

lol TP If Dutton thinks there is a vote in it he will blame Captain Cook Razz
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:34 am

Carl Williams. Any takers?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 am

I saw the Movie "Contact". There were no robots in it.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:16 am

David wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Statistics do not change facts David.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. In this case, the statistics are the facts, as far as any of us know. What other facts do we have access to here?

Dutton apparently has quoted facts. You turned the numbers quoted into statistics.

Stating facts does not qualify Dutton as a racist, as Samier Dandan from the Lebanese Muslim Association would like us to believe.

As I said in my original post

"However, if what he said is true, where are the people seeking solutions to what he has highlighted, and perhaps more importantly, who is giving those people a voice? "

The LMA's press release I thought was at least a start:

http://www.lma.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LMA_Statement_Dutton_24nov.pdf

A frank discussion centered on inclusiveness is required.

PS: I grew up in Granville and Auburn and have known so many Lebanese Australians of all religious persuasions. I'm happy to say they are some of the loveliest people I've ever encountered. Unfortunately, as is always the case, a minority give the rest a bad name. More unfortunate is that this minority seem to be worse than others (eg: the Sydney gang rapes, brothers for life).

That said, Lebanese immigration is/was no more a mistake than sending Irish convicts to Australia (including a Priest) after the 1798 rebellion. In this regard Dutton is just wrong.

Last edited by Mountains Magpie on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 am; edited 3 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Culprit wrote:
Dutton and the LNP are reacting to Trump/Hanson populism. .......

Nail Hit Head. There's a State election happening in QLD (likely to be in 2017). The LNP are very worried about Hansonism in Australia's Deep South that is, Queensland.

Dutton is a Political animal, some say he just an animal. I say this with all due respect to animals, the swine that the failed ex minister for health is (& don't end your sentences with a preposition). Dutton just happens to put the scum in front of scumbag.

While the ALP had Bob Carr as a doppelgänger for an undertaker the Libs have Trumped this with Peter Dutton & Eric Abetz.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. In this case, the statistics are the facts, as far as any of us know. What other facts do we have access to here?

Dutton apparently has quoted facts. ..........

Mr Dutton now claims to have been misrepresented. What nonsense. He made his original attack on Mr Fraser's legacy amid a general conversation about crime, in which he also recklessly speculated about people of Sudanese background. This willingness to generalise makes a mockery of Mr Dutton's feigned indignation when he claims he doesn't want to see entire communities defined by the actions of a few.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the-age-editorial/peter-duttons-revisionist-rhetoric-is-dangerous-20161124-gswv0o.html

I am not going to allow people who are hardworking, who have done the right thing by this country, who have contributed, who have worked hard and who have educated their children to be defined by those people who are doing the wrong thing and have been charged with terrorist offences or have been involved in crime otherwise.

Words to live by, Peter Dutton. Provided you are willing to apply them to everyone, including Lebanese Sunni Muslim citizens of Australia.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/why-peter-duttons-crime-statistics-dont-tell-the-whole-story-about-crime-or-terrorism-in-australia-20161123-gswb5g.html

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:

Dutton apparently has quoted facts. ..........

Mr Dutton now claims to have been misrepresented. What nonsense. He made his original attack on Mr Fraser's legacy amid a general conversation about crime, in which he also recklessly speculated about people of Sudanese background. This willingness to generalise makes a mockery of Mr Dutton's feigned indignation when he claims he doesn't want to see entire communities defined by the actions of a few.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the-age-editorial/peter-duttons-revisionist-rhetoric-is-dangerous-20161124-gswv0o.html

I am not going to allow people who are hardworking, who have done the right thing by this country, who have contributed, who have worked hard and who have educated their children to be defined by those people who are doing the wrong thing and have been charged with terrorist offences or have been involved in crime otherwise.

Words to live by, Peter Dutton. Provided you are willing to apply them to everyone, including Lebanese Sunni Muslim citizens of Australia.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/why-peter-duttons-crime-statistics-dont-tell-the-whole-story-about-crime-or-terrorism-in-australia-20161123-gswb5g.html

The "apparent facts" I was referring to were the 22 out of 33. I have already stated my disagreement with Dutton's statement on Fraser's immigration policy.

I'm hoping that you did read the rest of my post WPT, even if you have nothing to say about it.

partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:09 am

Some might say preselecting Peter Dutton was a mistake
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:58 am

Culprit wrote:
lol TP If Dutton thinks there is a vote in it he will blame Captain Cook Razz

If he could somehow figure out captain cook got here on a different date he might just become president, I mean prime minister!

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:26 am

Apart from a decent bread, fattoush and the occasional Baklava... I'm not sure they bring much to the table.

We need more Dutch over here, I hear their ovens are terrific.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 pm

^

They make a wicked Doner Kebab.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
They make a wicked Doner Kebab.

Or... Is that to say Doner Kebabs make wicked Dutch ovens? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: