Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A message to Bucks: use the force

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A knife in the back!
I never thought of that 5 from the wing.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:01 pm

thompsoc wrote:
A knife in the back!
I never thought of that 5 from the wing.

It could be a fishing knife!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Bucks won't do 360 next year. They will try to get two new faces as they do each season.

As a player there was nobody more giving of his time than NB. He was a lone hand for many years as the face of Collingwood. I've seen him hang around well after everyone else to make sure every kid got an autograph. He's still revered by most magpie fans so he is in a position to really get the mob united behind the team.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Bux is a dud.
And when he and Ed steps down that is when things will start to improve.

Gee you are original.

HE wakes up every morning and says that phrase over 100 times, he says it on here around the same amount too. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:11 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Joel wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Bux is a dud.
And when he and Ed steps down that is when things will start to improve.

Yeah, just like magic.

yep.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:12 pm

In regards to the OP.

If we were were winning people would feel connected to the club.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

On field success will lead to excitement, which will lead to the Magpie Army coming out in force.

It is extremely important that we get off to a fast start in 2017 by beating one or both of the Dogs or Swans in the first 3 rounds. This will lead to the players and supporters starting to believe that we are on the right track and will set us up for the rest of 2017.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:07 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
On field success will lead to excitement, which will lead to the Magpie Army coming out in force.

It is extremely important that we get off to a fast start in 2017 by beating one or both of the Dogs or Swans in the first 3 rounds. This will lead to the players and supporters starting to believe that we are on the right track and will set us up for the rest of 2017.

Disagree. Some of us wont get behind bucks unless he grows a 2nd head... Well you know where im going with this, but when your done you're done.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:01 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Disagree. Some of us wont get behind bucks unless he grows a 2nd head... Well you know where im going with this, but when your done you're done.

That is a ridiculous thing to say, support your club, support your coach and support your players.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:27 am

mooretreloar wrote:

Yep going the same place you always go

Boring
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:05 am

mooretreloar wrote:

Ah well. At least in the thousands that will throw their support behind the coach for the next season, it is only compared to a handful who won't.

Go Pies

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Rude in regards to the original post disconnect can occur for many reasons.
The move from our spiritual home would have no doubt caused angst among some that's just human nature. Some people dislike change for whatever reason some people embrace change.
Doesn't make either group more right or wrong than the other.
Supporting a club in any code is equal amounts of pride frustration fury joy and all emotions mixed together depending on current performances.
I don't think the Liverpool link is a fair comparison to us really other than the fact Klopp is smart enough to know embracing the clubs fans and history is only going to reap rewards long term. I think Liverpool lost its way when they become a private company owned by Americans who didn't or wouldn't understand that the club was more than a profit or loss centre it was people's lives and history. They never truly gave Dalgliesh the resources to be a true title challenger but just enough to keep him merely competitive. Every time we had good players we seemed to lost them to Europe or another club who would pay more and we could bank extra money. Now they see that there's money to be made being successful and they have opened the cheque book accordingly.
Buckley isn't responsible for members satisfaction other than having a team perform well. Yes it would be nice if he made a bigger effort to acknowledge fans more after games and in press conferences but he is all about business really. Eddie on the other hand should be doing more to create that link to th fans from th Pe club. He is after all our figure head and leader.
Im with the majority of posters when I say I support the club no matter who is coach. 2017 is like very year for me I want us to win games and make finals and if things fall our way win premierships. The club has appointed bucks our head coach for 2017 and I support him along with the club and players.
I'll cheer hard at all times hoping we win and getting shitty and moody and angry when we don't but I will do it all again next week
The emotional part of being a Collingwood supporter really means you are never alone no matter where you are in Australia or the world you can be sure to find some like minded supporter. I know I've met pies supporters in England Europe USA Canada South Africa and every corner of Australia
An old league coach I had back in the day had a saying "one in all in" that's what pies supporters are to me. They are like a brotherhood of like minded people emotional about our team and always looking for the next game

Rude on a side note I've travelled the world over and seen sporting events at many of the great stadium around. The welsh singing at Cardiff arms park, bears supporters at soldier field, 49ers at candle stick park, Yankees at the old house that Ruth built, first morning of the Boxing Day ashes test, Mumbai with Tendulkar batting etc. Being at Anfield hearing the Kopp sing you'll never walk along had me in tears mate. One of the most emotional days I've ever had (to boot we beat Arsenal 2-1).

You're a lucky boy QM67, to have experienced first hand the Kopp at Anfield, as well as your other sporting journey's around the world. I saw the Yankees win at the old Yankee stadium and have visited Anfield, but alas, I was unable to score tickets to see the Reds play there. Anyway, I agree with most of what you say, but I still believe that the Magpie Army can play a part, however small, in urging our team on to victory and intimidating our opponents. Sure, we'll never again have that fortress, which was Victoria Park, but nevertheless, we should be generating as much passion as possible, to create a fantastic atmosphere for our young players. Imo, Bucks should be embracing this as a means of lifting our team from mediocrity to potential greatness. FFS, with all the shit that's gone down at CFC recently, on top of our previous 3 dismal years, we need an emotional shake up. Come on Bucks, get everyone excited.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Cam wrote:
And don't tell the players to not listen to music before a game [as happened this year] - because everyone prepares differently.

If this is true, then he should have been sacked that week.

Because quite simply, that is idiotic.

And we shouldn't be coached by an idiot.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:25 pm

there's nothing quite like going over the top **sighs**
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:12 pm

I see nothing too special about the supposed divide between fans. It's always there when a club is not competing for a flag. The hate for Malthouse was just as great (I'd say greater as Buckley had an existing fan base) in 2008-2009 and early 2010.

There is some added bitterness due to an ill advised coaching handover of a list at its zenith, and rightly so, it's impossible not to think about how things may have gone without it. But overall, the level of angst is nothing we haven't seen many times before.

Personally I'm very excited for the coming season. We have a talented list and if it can finally stay healthy we're going to be one of the most watchable teams around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: