Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Fixture

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the fact we don't get many blockbuster games on Friday nights etc, it often puts us under a lot of pressure, especially with this very young list we have at present. Let the doggies have their time in the sun, let us take a back seat for once, and yes, it is a better draw for families, the old traditional footy type fixture. Suits me fine.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I don't mind the fact we don't get many blockbuster games on Friday nights etc, it often puts us under a lot of pressure, especially with this very young list we have at present. Let the doggies have their time in the sun, let us take a back seat for once, and yes, it is a better draw for families, the old traditional footy type fixture. Suits me fine.

yeah im not keen on Friday nighters, the traffic is a bitch!

SHADOWS 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:10 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If we never play another Friday night it'll be too soon...
I love watching other mobs play from the comfort of the couch..The Day always seems so long going too footy after work..

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

I love Friday night footy, go straight from work, generally great atmosphere and still an entire weekend in front of you.

Best of all worlds.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Tubewayarmy wrote:
I love it when this comment comes out " gotta beat the best" "if we are good enough" blah blah blah

Everyone knows that a good draw ( see Geelong hone games ) plays the biggest part of getting to the finals

FACT!

How did it work out for Geelong in the end? That's right they were exposed in the Preliminary Final.

Collingwood had what was regarded as a tough draw in 2010 and it didn't hurt us whatsoever. In actual fact, it may have benefited us.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:35 pm

SHADOWS wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If we never play another Friday night it'll be too soon...
I love watching other mobs play from the comfort of the couch..The Day always seems so long going too footy after work..

yeh, agree, relax and watch other mobs go at it, no pressure, fish n chips, nice white wine, couple of jack daniels, nice n easy . Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Friday's are hard. 30km drive home from work at the end of the week, I just want to sit down and chill. Getting changed and doing the hour trip to the G knowing I won't get home till near 11pm means I'm more likely than not to just watch on TV.

Sunday is family day, when the kids come over for dinner, so Sunday arvo is TV as well.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Friday's are hard. 30km drive home from work at the end of the week, I just want to sit down and chill. Getting changed and doing the hour trip to the G knowing I won't get home till near 11pm means I'm more likely than not to just watch on TV.

Sunday is family day, when the kids come over for dinner, so Sunday arvo is TV as well.

I wish it was that easy, I get home at around 1:30am and then get up normally at 5:30am to go to work. It stinks!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:50 pm

According to this website, out of the 18 AFL teams we are ranked with the 5th hardest draw:

http://www.matterofstats.com/mafl-stats-journal/2016/10/27/the-2017-afl-draw-difficulty-and-distortion-dissected

Adelaide is ranked having the easiest draw in 2017

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:46 am

No Gabba game, the Pineapple hotel will go broke.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
No Gabba game, the Pineapple hotel will go broke.

RE:Head-To-Head results

I'd like to be playing Brisbane twice while they suck.

We are 11-17 since they've been the Brisbane Lions. And I'd like to bring that back. If we can get to 16 wins before they get their 18th, I'll be happy. But we keep playing them once a season.

If we didnt screw that loss to Carlton earlier in the year, we'd be going for a level head-to-head score with them. Instead its currently 122-125 and 4 draws.

We'll have to wait until 2018 to level it at best. So we just can not lose that game to Carlton. The pressure will be on.

Since we get 2 cracks at Port, I'd like to put a bigger gap between our head-to-head results. We are up 14-12, but I'd like that gap to become bigger. Also, I'd like to pay them back for our last 2 meetings (One was close and one was a thrashing).

I'd also like to be playing the Suns twice while they are crap. We really should be 5-0 against them. But we are 3-2. They should be down for a while, so Hopefully we can get out on them.

We are dead level with WCE, so it'd be nice to win that one. We cant seem to get away from them.

We are currently 5 wins up against Adelaide, Freo and GWS.

Everyone else we are absolutely miles in front of.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 am

Redlight wrote:
I love Friday night footy, go straight from work, generally great atmosphere and still an entire weekend in front of you.

Best of all worlds.

Me too!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:17 pm

I do not mind where or when we play, provided we win every match, ever.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Cam wrote:
Great for families who can go to the footy, not great for families that support this club via TV.
it's the whole point, the afl want Collingwood bums in seats at the ground, tv ratings money is already in the bank for the afl, Collingwood seat money on the other hand, besides if they can get an increase in crowd numbers the afl board members will no doubt make their performance bonuses.

Unfortunately our crowd numbers have been dropping this decade.
Not that much difference between us and a number of other melbourne based teams.
Another problem for the club.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm

I can't speak for others, but this 2017 fixture shits me to tears so far.

It can't be that hard for all the teams to play each other once before the repeating matches start, surely? WHY are Footscray and Sydney playing each other AGAIN already?!

And really, the fixture should only be tabled to round 17-18; and from there we can assess where all teams are on the table, and can calculate who plays who again from 1-6, 7-12 & 13-18. Fix it dickheads; it's not rocket science.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: