Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jars says the Pies called Roos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I think the Pies contacting Roos is:
Bullshit
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Sensible forward planning
40%
 40%  [ 27 ]
Proof that Bucks is gone
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 66

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Roos cost Melbourne 0 was like their fine for tanking it was the AFL fining itself? Very interesting.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 am

September Zeros wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
This may well end up being the case if the results in 2017 don't meet internal expectations.

My point is what is the point of bagging the bloke? If he doesn't succeed then we all will have a miserable 2017 football season. So, why don't we all unite and get behind the club, the coach and the players rather than wasting time and energy on the negatives.

Ill tell you why.

Because certain posters on here will look like gooses if we turn the corner. They are too heavily invested in bucks failing and will do anything to save face.

You're wasting your breath. Or rather fingers.

This is such a ridiculous jaded post. No Collingwood supporter wants Bucks to fail, No Collingwood supporter wants Collingwood to fail, to prove a point to anyone. It's simply the despair of watching the sharp decline from the 2011 grand final onward, while others at the top at the time are still around it. And the one constant since then is unfortunately Nathan Buckley. Even preseason this year I was still a believer, and then we get on the park round one and get destroyed! And don't blame Swans foot, one player is not a 50 point or what ever it was difference.

We would all love to see the Buckley fairytale. But let's be honest, when did we last get blessed with a fairytale? We just seem to grunt them out.

As for next season, my arse will certainly be on the seat at the MCG, but as for expectations? I have none left. I have long felt our backline is in serious trouble, and I'm worried about Moore getting smashed. I just read the 'where will Collingwood be in 2017" thread on big footy, and that seems to be the general consensus from those without bias, and not including the dickhead comments. All those 22 dream teams look great on paper, but get back to me when Scharenberg, Billy, Sinclair, Keefe and even Pendles get out on the park and can stay out there playing decent footy.

You cannot imagine how much, deep in my soul, I want Nathan Buckley to lead us to the next Premiership, back to back, forever in history, I was devastated he never held up the Premiership cup. I was at the game when his hamstring went bang for the final time, I can still see it happening, where I was sitting, and the feeling that that's it, it's over, he's done. And yes he came back but he was toast. I stood in front of the telly watching him call time and cried like a baby, just as I did for Swan a couple of weeks back. I want to be wrong so badly I can taste it.

One thing I do know, is Nathan Buckley is a man of character, yes, he is a tad arrogant, stand offish, comes across as self centred, but that could be said for every elite sports star. It's that single minded drive to be the absolute best. And it's not easy to come up short. I've never doubted he's given his all, he's the kind of guy that gives his all at everything. No matter what happens, he will succeed or step aside with dignity, I have absolutely no doubt. He has publicly stated that he needs to succeed next year, no excuses. And so now, I will comment no more. We rise, or we regroup and begin again. I'll still be there.

Side by Side. Go Pies.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 am

Dp. sorry
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
This may well end up being the case if the results in 2017 don't meet internal expectations.

My point is what is the point of bagging the bloke? If he doesn't succeed then we all will have a miserable 2017 football season. So, why don't we all unite and get behind the club, the coach and the players rather than wasting time and energy on the negatives.

Ill tell you why.

Because certain posters on here will look like gooses if we turn the corner. They are too heavily invested in bucks failing and will do anything to save face.

Dude, he'd have to turn the corner pretty hard... he is not capable of it, there will be no premiership dynasty... or anything that remotely looks close to it.

Im happy to eat my words if by an amazing fluke he suddenly turns good - after 6 years _nothing short of 'winning a flag'_ will see his legacy as anything other then a total unmitigated disaster.

Until then, certain posters have looked like nothing but like complete gooses day after day, year after year (remember... Zero... September... its been years since I 1st said that to you... years... nothing has changed).

Yes, you have a strange fascination with my name.

Point is boy who cried, there are a lot of people on this board who also doubt bucks they just don't spend everyday bashing him and the club up about it.

I for one have never expressed belief he is a good coach, I just refrain from whining about it like a baby. Electing instead to get behind the club and hope they can achieve something ......day after day, year after year.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:16 am

think positive wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Ill tell you why.

This is such a ridiculous jaded post. No Collingwood supporter wants Bucks to fail, No Collingwood supporter wants Collingwood to fail, to prove a point to anyone. It's simply the despair of watching the sharp decline from the 2011 grand final onward, while others at the top at the time are still around it. And the one constant since then is unfortunately Nathan Buckley. Even preseason this year I was still a believer, and then we get on the park round one and get destroyed! And don't blame Swans foot, one player is not a 50 point or what ever it was difference.

We would all love to see the Buckley fairytale. But let's be honest, when did we last get blessed with a fairytale? We just seem to grunt them out.

As for next season, my arse will certainly be on the seat at the MCG, but as for expectations? I have none left. I have long felt our backline is in serious trouble, and I'm worried about Moore getting smashed. I just read the 'where will Collingwood be in 2017" thread on big footy, and that seems to be the general consensus from those without bias, and not including the dickhead comments. All those 22 dream teams look great on paper, but get back to me when Scharenberg, Billy, Sinclair, Keefe and even Pendles get out on the park and can stay out there playing decent footy.

You cannot imagine how much, deep in my soul, I want Nathan Buckley to lead us to the next Premiership, back to back, forever in history, I was devastated he never held up the Premiership cup. I was at the game when his hamstring went bang for the final time, I can still see it happening, where I was sitting, and the feeling that that's it, it's over, he's done. And yes he came back but he was toast. I stood in front of the telly watching him call time and cried like a baby, just as I did for Swan a couple of weeks back. I want to be wrong so badly I can taste it.

One thing I do know, is Nathan Buckley is a man of character, yes, he is a tad arrogant, stand offish, comes across as self centred, but that could be said for every elite sports star. It's that single minded drive to be the absolute best. And it's not easy to come up short. I've never doubted he's given his all, he's the kind of guy that gives his all at everything. No matter what happens, he will succeed or step aside with dignity, I have absolutely no doubt. He has publicly stated that he needs to succeed next year, no excuses. And so now, I will comment no more. We rise, or we regroup and begin again. I'll still be there.

Side by Side. Go Pies.

TP the only "jaded" post is this response. A little sensitive and over reactive for mine. Still your sentiment is nice , hence I wasn't really referring to posters such as yourself.

There are certain people on here who have been so committed to the cause of being proven right in their own judgement that seeing Buckley succeed now would see them eat so many words they'd explode. They have been on this campaign trail since the conception of the handover.

I don't believe Buckley is a great coach either. It's just boring seeing every thread hijacked by them with the same message over and over. I dont believe I'm alone in that fatigue.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:00 am

Fair enough
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:47 pm

This rumour didn't start with Jarman.

I heard it last week from Brian Waldron on SEN.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Joel wrote:
This rumour didn't start with Jarman.

I heard it last week from Brian Waldron on SEN.

...speaking of people without credibility. Although he did get the Gibbs to Adelaide rumour right, even though it never quite come off.

1892_ 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Roos only agreed to the Melbourne job with a succession plan in place. Do we want to go through that again? Reckon we'd be better off appointing Roos to a director of coaching role with Buckley or someone else as coach.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm

1892_ wrote:
Roos only agreed to the Melbourne job with a succession plan in place. Do we want to go through that again? Reckon we'd be better off appointing Roos to a director of coaching role with Buckley or someone else as coach.

This is why I do not want him as coach, if we were to remove Buckley in the future I would prefer someone that will be there for the long haul not someone that will up and piss off after a couple of seasons.

I think a director of coaching role will be perfect for us and for Roos, he will do more good as a mentor than a coach. Less work for him as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Darren Jarman is a flog.

Steady.

Darren Jarman is an A Grade flog.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:13 am

i know Roos has gotten a few teams out of the cellar before, but how many premiership teams has Roos actually coached?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:26 am

The Prototype wrote:
1892_ wrote:

This is why I do not want him as coach, if we were to remove Buckley in the future I would prefer someone that will be there for the long haul not someone that will up and piss off after a couple of seasons.

I think a director of coaching role will be perfect for us and for Roos, he will do more good as a mentor than a coach. Less work for him as well.

How long a Coach is at the Club will Depend on Results.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:29 am

Be more specific.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Get him to the club. But not as head coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: