Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our fabulous new forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^With his hands, I think I'd rather him up front or on a wing. We shall see.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
If Thomas wasnt banned. He may very well be in the top 5 mids in the comp right now! Too many people have forgotten about him. He has eletric pace and decent vision. Uses it well and gets it at an elite rate. Gets Goals and not scared of the Hard ball. His baisically another Treloar.

Really?
I'd neither declare him as a good user of the ball nor fast.
Can find the footy and his best ability is probably his clearance work.

Yeah I'd have gone for "slippery" at best.

Nevertheless, I went and dug into his stats a bit to see how he went and was pleasantly surprised.

Taking out the games where he was subbed on (and keeping the game he was subbed off) , he averaged 21 and 19 disposals in 2013/4 and got his tackle average up to a touch under 5 in 2014. His SC average was 83 and 78, putting him at around average - most likely as a result of his disposal efficiency. Those sorts of numbers for a 20 possession midfielder are symptomatic of someone who kicks relatively poorly or who gets all his stats cheaply and Thomas is inside enough to not call him cheap.

Out of 27 games, he has got 20 or more stats on 14 occasions with a maximum of 35 against the Eagles on the MCG when they were a bit poo. He has got 90 or more CD points 10 times, including 6 hundreds and a top of 131 and scored goals in 11 completed matches.

So he's actually a pretty handy player, when he's not injured or suspended that is. Hopefully he can get it together this year and fight his way back into the firsts
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:55 pm

I would put Brayden Sier in as a forward Pocket in the NAB CUP.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Geek wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
If Thomas wasnt banned. He may very well be in the top 5 mids in the comp right now! Too many people have forgotten about him. He has eletric pace and decent vision. Uses it well and gets it at an elite rate. Gets Goals and not scared of the Hard ball. His baisically another Treloar.

Really?
I'd neither declare him as a good user of the ball nor fast.
Can find the footy and his best ability is probably his clearance work.

Nevertheless, I went and dug into his stats a bit to see how he went and was pleasantly surprised.

Taking out the games where he was subbed on (and keeping the game he was subbed off) , he averaged 21 and 19 disposals in 2013/4 and got his tackle average up to a touch under 5 in 2014. His SC average was 83 and 78, putting him at around average - most likely as a result of his disposal efficiency. Those sorts of numbers for a 20 possession midfielder are symptomatic of someone who kicks relatively poorly or who gets all his stats cheaply and Thomas is inside enough to not call him cheap.

Out of 27 games, he has got 20 or more stats on 14 occasions with a maximum of 35 against the Eagles on the MCG when they were a bit poo. He has got 90 or more CD points 10 times, including 6 hundreds and a top of 131 and scored goals in 11 completed matches.

So he's actually a pretty handy player, when he's not injured or suspended that is. Hopefully he can get it together this year and fight his way back into the firsts

Aligns with my view that he "can find the footy" averaging ~20 possessions

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Geek wrote:

For sure. I didn't realise that he'd got it that much though.

If he can come back with any sort of touch and conditioning, then he makes decent depth at the least. though with us culling all our poor kicks lately, you'd hope he's been working on his disposal on his time off
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Geek wrote:

For sure. I didn't realise that he'd got it that much though.

If he can come back with any sort of touch and conditioning, then he makes decent depth at the least. though with us culling all our poor kicks lately, you'd hope he's been working on his disposal on his time off
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 pm

3rd degree wrote:
I would put Brayden Sier in as a forward Pocket in the NAB CUP.

If Sier's getting a NAB game I'd prefer to see him thrown into the guts while Pendles and Treloar take a couple of games off.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:39 am

From a source inside the club, Keefe and Thomas have been putting in big shifts lately and are starting early in their pre-season training. Keefe has been training as a forward and has really polished his goal accuarcy. Thomas has built an engine and working heavily on power and speed. It appears both players want to repay Collingwood for keeping the faith. I cant see it in Keefe to make the 22, but i may be pleasently suprised by an unexpected beast
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:55 am

Number 35 wrote:
From a source inside the club, Keefe and Thomas have been putting in big shifts lately and are starting early in their pre-season training. Keefe has been training as a forward and has really polished his goal accuarcy. Thomas has built an engine and working heavily on power and speed. It appears both players want to repay Collingwood for keeping the faith. I cant see it in Keefe to make the 22, but i may be pleasently suprised by an unexpected beast

Why can't you see Keefe making 22? I thought he was almost a lock for defence? I would have thought Thomas would be the one battling, given we have a lot of players like him, average size reasonable skills. I remember everyone wanting so badly for him to succeed, like it was a family thing, but to be honest I never rated him as more than a foot soldier. I remember Keefe really starting to come into his own in defence, and being mighty pissed off because we needed him in defence when he stiffed up. He still has a lot to make up for in my book. They both do.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 am

Number 35 wrote:
As it stands. I have 500$ on Pies at 26-1. And am seriously considering upping-the-ante. For the following reasons.

- The teams most likely to win the flag are GWS Dogs Swans and probaly the Crows. All of which will do not claim the 'MCG'.

- Our form in the second half of the year. Key stats and great Team stats all of which we ranked top 3 in the AFL for.

- Geelong and Hawthorn are on the Decline. IMO

- We are ahead of Saints Demons and Tigers without injury. IMO

- Leaking over the top goals will improve as our Ruck/Midfield grows and owns its territory!

- Negative force of Cloke gone! Not to be underestimated. Remember how our forward line reacted when Cox kicked the 1st goal Anzac Day? Confidence! We wouldnt have looked that good if it was cloke who just snuck in a point. And then on return Essendon had of answered. For example.

- FFFL Free Flowing Forward Line. Dynamic. Good Marks. Accurate kicks and Depth. Mason the unknown. Manic Mayne whos been covering for Old Man Pav. Elliot Faz and Moore together at last. ? Steele WHE Crocker ?

- Luck!! We have been without it for a long time. Chances are with is for a good injury run

- 2010 superstitions.
- It is rumored we are playing the Bulldogs round1 at Etihad. De Ja Vu ???
- Robert Walls is back!!!! He has been missing for a while unless i havent noticed him. However, allow me to take you all back to mid 2010. Collingwood v St.Kilda. I was bricklaying Early Saturday and got home just in time with a couple frothys. Ready to see if we were deadly enough to claim a 'Scalp'. Walls was comentating. 3 mins into the 1st quater we were building up play down the wing with a string of chip kicks. He said AND I QUOTE.... " If Collingwood are going to play this way they are going to get absoulotley smashed today! " We went on to win by 42 points. We then went on to win the Flag!..... 6 years later.... He has come out from the old Dark Place. And labelled in an article Expert Football Anaylist Robert Walls has criticised Collingwoods Trade Targets saying AND I QUOTE! " I would be worried. I cant say any direction in where they are heading ".....

Now you may all be thinking. YEr SoOo? He goes for Carlscum right? They HATE US!

But I see it in him...

When we're ready to take Scalps...

They SEE IT
Before ANYBODY else can SEE IT Smile

And They can do anything else but criticise and create doubt!

--------- 2017 Premiers -----------
Howe White Maynard
Pendlebury Reid Schareberg
Thomas Adams Wells
Fasolo Moore Steele
Elliot Mason Mayne
Grundy Treloar Crisp

Aish Hoskin Greenwood DeGoey

- We will win the Flag and 105.1 MMM will claim MasonMayneMoore as their own lol

Optimism is one thing, but wow. Your setting yourself up for disappointment.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:41 am

think positive wrote:
Number 35 wrote:

Why can't you see Keefe making 22? I thought he was almost a lock for defence? I would have thought Thomas would be the one battling, given we have a lot of players like him, average size reasonable skills. I remember everyone wanting so badly for him to succeed, like it was a family thing, but to be honest I never rated him as more than a foot soldier. I remember Keefe really starting to come into his own in defence, and being mighty pissed off because we needed him in defence when he stiffed up. He still has a lot to make up for in my book. They both do.

Yes, assuming he is up to the speed of the game after his holiday, he's the starting full back in that team. His ruck and forward play would have to have developed out of sight for him to be even a remote prospect of playing up forward.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Keefe comes from a soccer background and i dont think he is footy smart enough to lock-down a spot in the 22. And he doesnt posses unearthly abilities like Mason Cox. I could be wrong though
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Keefe comes from a soccer background and i dont think he is footy smart enough to lock-down a spot in the 22. And he doesnt posses unearthly abilities like Mason Cox. I could be wrong though
Number 35 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 pm

What would you consider to be more of a Shock Woftam? The fact that the Bulldogs won the flag from 7th. Or for arguments sake We win the flag from the top 4? People are talking like the Bulldogs are automatically in the top 4 next year. Wheras i see us beating them in Round 1 by around 6-7 goals. MCG is our home. And people can rave aboout the Giants but keep in mind, they still havent beaten us. Where as we have beaten them sensless. Also QUESTION? When was the last time we played Swans in a regular season game in Melbourne??
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:15 pm

I am really excited about the Josh Thomas' return to our team. I have always rated him. I am hoping that he is ripped and ready to go, because he can add significantly to our midfield power, I believe. Our midfield is rippling with talent and grunt now. We will surely be able to play Pendles up forward alot of the time. There is already a fantastic forward with some X factor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: