Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allen accepts 12-month anti-doping ban (and resigns)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Reasonable scenario:

Unlikely scenario:
...."

The problem is not really about what did or did not happen, but whether Gubby told fibs about it, including the deletion of test messages. Hopefully he's been up front and honest about it all from the start. If not, then he's in deep shit.

Is he standing for president of the US?

Those text deletions are not a good look now matter what may or may not have transpired.

I have no texts stored on my phone. They are continually deleted. I therefore have no problem with anyone else deleting texts.

What this case reinforces to me is that the majority of the "talent" working at football clubs is generally derived from a very small pool and as a result they are certainly not the best and the brightest.
I just hope it's sorted one way or another as soon as possible.

Assuming that the cover story re the girlfriend defence is not the case, why would the texts have been sent? Ignoring the moral questions, why not have a phone conversation instead of leaving a documented trail of evidence? One would have to assume it was because those involved did not appreciate the ramifications of what they were doing. If so, are those people capable of holding senior positions anyway? The answer is obvious.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The scenario is ---- Off season, draft over, Caro bored, nothing happening, no footy scandals, snaps fingers, got it, drum up some alleged allegations, jilted shelia, chance to smear the PIes again, sink the boot into eddie yet again, irrisitable, screw the giants, they don't sell like the PIes, puts pen too paper, draft article, hits sportspage, media shark fest, another drugs PIes issue, Caro relevant again, all is well in Caro World. sigh.

You can think what you like about her, but if half of that is true, we are in deep shit.

Appointing gubby with this over his head is plain dumb. Said so as soon as I hird. Guilty or not, it's a bad look. At least wait til it's all over. I'd like to know the truth of the Mayne contract too. Big gap in those figures. As for the ladies footy/netball teams, well I'd rather we concentrated on the main game.

Yes TP.
I really don't like Caro that much.
But don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.
The appointment of Gubby is ok so long as you factor in the probable sanction.
He should have just been appointed to work on the women's team and that is it.
Until such a time as this issue has been cleared.
But no, he was rushed straight in to swing the axe everywhere.
The expansion into women's sport has drained money and resources away from the main game.
The succession plan is a disaster.
Ed was good for the club at first but has been crap this decade.
Ed, Hine and Bux need to leave.
So the boat can be reset by somebody else.
We don't need the bad publicity that has been thrown at us this year.
And we don't need the on and off field decline of the club that has been so evident this decade.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am

^ GWS screws up .... and some how now we are back to cutting the heads off the coach and our our head recruiter again.

SNORE.

Is there a thread to be found on Nicks free of agenda??

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 am

^
Couldn't agree more
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:21 am

Perty will be the first to go next year closely followed by the coach.

Let's pray gubby isnt suspended!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:23 am

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
You can think what you like about her, but if half of that is true, we are in deep shit.

Appointing gubby with this over his head is plain dumb. Said so as soon as I hird. Guilty or not, it's a bad look. At least wait til it's all over. I'd like to know the truth of the Mayne contract too. Big gap in those figures. As for the ladies footy/netball teams, well I'd rather we concentrated on the main game.

Yes TP.
I really don't like Caro that much.
But don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.
The appointment of Gubby is ok so long as you factor in the probable sanction.
He should have just been appointed to work on the women's team and that is it.
Until such a time as this issue has been cleared.
But no, he was rushed straight in to swing the axe everywhere.
The expansion into women's sport has drained money and resources away from the main game.
The succession plan is a disaster.
Ed was good for the club at first but has been crap this decade.
Ed, Hine and Bux need to leave.
So the boat can be reset by somebody else.
We don't need the bad publicity that has been thrown at us this year.
And we don't need the on and off field decline of the club that has been so evident this decade.

How has the women's team drained resource and money from the main game?

The club has more than enough funds at their disposal and the money expended on the women's team does not come out of our football cap. The club has employed additional staff to support the women's side and there may be some benefits passed onto the main squad by the way of fitness expertise and other resources.

When you use Caro's opinions to substantiate an argument it shows just how desperate you are to cast both the club and its servants in a bad light.

No charges have been laid on anyone after all this time. The situation has been reviewed by a QC and he gave the all clear. The AFL has moved Craig Lambert one of the individuals concerned from GWS to the Lions. Why would they do this if they thought there was a case to answer. The AFL also wanted Gubby to move to the Lions. I would suspect that this is all a result of Caro attempting to cast Eddie and the club in a bad light. Caro has been successful as the Chicken Little's of this world have emerged from under their rocks and it gives individuals such as yourself some ammunition to feed your agenda.

Last edited by Member 7167 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The scenario is ---- Off season, draft over, Caro bored, nothing happening, no footy scandals, snaps fingers, got it, drum up some alleged allegations, jilted shelia, chance to smear the PIes again, sink the boot into eddie yet again, irrisitable, screw the giants, they don't sell like the PIes, puts pen too paper, draft article, hits sportspage, media shark fest, another drugs PIes issue, Caro relevant again, all is well in Caro World. sigh.

Disagree, its a Giants issue initially, not ours, and did Eddie know of it when he appointed Gubby ? Just because <snip> says its so, has little relevance, she despises eddie and the Pies, bigtime, and she will drag us thru the mud regardless. Gubby may get a heavy fine I reckon, if this goes full length, which would be a huge disappointment too her. Face it, shes bored shitless and has zilch to write about, so turns to her favourite whipping boy, Eddie, with her lynch mob mentality. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Tubewayarmy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am

matrix10 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If only.

Scary thing is- she is correct in almost everything she has written and from my understanding, likely has some more ammunition up her sleeve.

Redlight is bang on.

This won't end well-short term- yet longer term- this could be the almighty shake up the club needs at all levels

Fact, <snip> Caro gets drip feed info from the AFL, this time of the year she is irrelevant because she doesn't understand the game of 'footy" in the true sense.

Clearly if this story was GWS based only (which it should be) who would read it? I know lets make it all about Collingwood and her public Bullying tactics around Eddie & Perty? = another good selling story.

Message to Caro <snip> unacceptable comment.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:51 am

September Zeros wrote:
^ GWS screws up .... and some how now we are back to cutting the heads off the coach and our our head recruiter again.

SNORE.

It will NEVER happen sz - too many 'types' here enamoured with their own reflections.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 pm

It's Breaking Bad. Just not sure whether Eddie, Pert or Gubby is Heisenberg. I think it's probably Ed. Maybe I'll call him Mr White from now on.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Will this thread match the Keefe and Thomas thread? Shocked
matrix10 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Tubewayarmy wrote:
matrix10 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

If only.

Scary thing is- she is correct in almost everything she has written and from my understanding, likely has some more ammunition up her sleeve.

Redlight is bang on.

This won't end well-short term- yet longer term- this could be the almighty shake up the club needs at all levels

Fact, <snip> Caro gets drip feed info from the AFL, this time of the year she is irrelevant because she doesn't understand the game of 'footy" in the true sense.

Clearly if this story was GWS based only (which it should be) who would read it? I know lets make it all about Collingwood and her public Bullying tactics around Eddie & Perty? = another good selling story.

Message to Caro <snip> unacceptable comment.

It may be 'FACT' Caro gets drip fed info from the AFL- yet, in this instance I would suggest it has come from inside our club (or possibly GWS).

AFL held onto this for 12 months and did all they could to sweep under carpet.

The FACT this story came out almost immediately after Pies announced Gubby appointment suggests it has come form someone with an axe to grind (most likely inside the club.)

The FACT that Buckley was not aware of Gubby's pending appointment suggests that there are some significant issues in communication inside the club.

The FACT that the club did undertake 'due diligence' in recruiting Gubby simply to be told there was nothing to worry about after GWS and AFL investigation cleared him.

The greatest concern in this matter is who has leaked the info and the timing- it has clearly been done to undermine our club- in particularly, Ed and Pert.

Gubby has left many a bridge burnt in his career and it seems this has provided the perfect opportunity to cause chaos.

As much as I generally detest Caroline Wilson and her articles (I do not pretend she isn't laughing with joy at how easy this has made her favoured past time of Ed bashing)- she is mainly reporting FACTS here (with added venom).

I personally don't care about the Whitfield cover up- it's a nothing issue imo.
I do care about our club employing someone who has the potential to cause such unnecessary disruption.
Thankfully, this is the off-season and will hopefully be sorted out before Round 1 next year.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 pm

September Zeros wrote:

SNORE.

No, seems all of them head that way eventually. Growing boring really.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
No charges have been laid on anyone after all this time. The situation has been reviewed by a QC and he gave the all clear. The AFL has moved Craig Lambert one of the individuals concerned from GWS to the Lions. Why would they do this if they thought there was a case to answer. The AFL also wanted Gubby to move to the Lions. I would suspect that this is all a result of Caro attempting to cast Eddie and the club in a bad light. Caro has been successful as the Chicken Little's of this world have emerged from under their rocks and it gives individuals such as yourself some ammunition to feed your agenda.

As we saw with the Essendon saga, once the AFL signed up to the ASADA charter it did not matter what the AFL thought. Once again, the outcome is ultimately beyond the control of the AFL.

This thread could be around for a long time yet.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Putting aside the "big fish" question, where do we suppose the leak of Hine's alleged Mayne offer of $380K for 3 years to the media came from and, if true and it came from the Club (rather than, say, Mayne or his management), how long do we expect the source to have a job?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24   

Jump to: