Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Stephen Colbert on the debate:

Very funny (at times) : even for trump supporters.

http://www.realclearlife.com/2016/09/27/colbert-sums-up-the-first-trump-clinton-debate/

Wow!

That is the unfunniest Colbert I have ever seen. What was there to laugh at? Nothing, repeat nothing at all.

Was it just a very off night, or has he lost his touch. I kept waiting for the funny bit, but there wasn't one. Very sad to see a great comic reduced to this.

You've got stop eating raw lemons before you watch youtubes.

Then again humour is in the eye of the beer-holder

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Stephen Colbert on the debate:

Very funny (at times) : even for trump supporters.

http://www.realclearlife.com/2016/09/27/colbert-sums-up-the-first-trump-clinton-debate/

Wow!

That is the unfunniest Colbert I have ever seen. What was there to laugh at? Nothing, repeat nothing at all.

Was it just a very off night, or has he lost his touch. I kept waiting for the funny bit, but there wasn't one. Very sad to see a great comic reduced to this.

You've got stop eating raw lemons before you watch youtubes.

Then again humour is in the eye of the beer-holder

Anyone who didn't laugh at that one has definitely had a very succesful humour bypass operation... Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Everyone has opinions. Here's a bunch of opinions on who won the debate and why

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/opinions/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate-opinion-roundup/index.html

Consensus is that Hillary won it, but even there everyone has different reasons and saw different things.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:02 am

Trump started well, but really struggled after 30 minutes into the debate. Clinton wasn't exceptional by any means but she was more polished and prepared than Trump was and it was evident the longer the debate dragged on.

It was disappointing that she wasn't hit with the hard questions about Benghazi, the Clinton foundation, WikiLeaks revealing that Bernie Sanders' campaign was undermined by the DNC and the 33,000 emails she deleted but was barely acknowledged in the debate.

I agree with Ben Shapiro on most of his points here as he sums up the debate in the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeV_UydwGw

Last edited by Jezza on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:04 am

This is not news.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:51 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/27/debate-analysis-donald-trump-will-win-two-remaining-debates/

The Donald kept his powder dry in the first debate, took the narrow points loss but kept most of the ammunition he has against Clinton in reserve. The format, network and moderator all favoured Clinton and he knew it.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Wokko wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/27/debate-analysis-donald-trump-will-win-two-remaining-debates/

The Donald kept his powder dry in the first debate, took the narrow points loss but kept most of the ammunition he has against Clinton in reserve. The format, network and moderator all favoured Clinton and he knew it.

You're linking / quoting Breitbart who have been employed by Trump. Prefer to try someone not so closely aligned if not welded with his campaign, someone neutral like say the Washington Post who have been Republican for more than 125 years?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:37 pm

The Washington Post has been historically left-leaning, WPT (though I agree that they're a high quality news source). It's hard to find wholly non-partisan coverage of this election; I almost find myself drawn to historically right-leaning but establishment-oriented newspapers like the Wall Street Journal; at least they can honestly claim to hate both candidates equally. Smile Generally, the New York Times remains the gold standard, though obviously pro-Clinton.

Breitbart is just a cheer squad perhaps the predominant pro-Trump cheersquad but I'm honestly not sure if the Guardian, on the other side, is much better. The latter's US operation is eye-rollingly bad and has brought the website's quality down appallingly.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 pm

^

Agreed.

The Clinton News Network (CNN) has good coverage, you just have to read it with your radar working.

In one way I actually hope Trump does get in. He'll only last 4 years and will royally shake the establishment up which it sadly needs.

If he doesn't get in, Hillary will be another Meh president, nothing much will happen except she'll feather her own nest a bit more, the establishment will draw a big sigh of relief (on both sides) and normal programming will resume to an extent. The people who have flocked to Trump may go back into their boxes or may just get more angry. Dunno.

Trump as POTUS is more likely to draw an un-establishment figure like the Colonel into the Democrat nomination at the next election.

Pass the popcorn.

Razz Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Me either.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:13 pm

David wrote:
The Washington Post has been historically left-leaning, WPT (though I agree that they're a high quality news source). It's hard to find wholly non-partisan coverage of this election; I almost find myself drawn to historically right-leaning but establishment-oriented newspapers like the Wall Street Journal; at least they can honestly claim to hate both candidates equally. Smile Generally, the New York Times remains the gold standard, though obviously pro-Clinton.

Breitbart is just a cheer squad perhaps the predominant pro-Trump cheersquad but I'm honestly not sure if the Guardian, on the other side, is much better. The latter's US operation is eye-rollingly bad and has brought the website's quality down appallingly.

I know, I was making a joke out of it. My facts were like well say Trump's facts Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

I know, I was making a joke out of it. My facts were like well say Trump's facts Wink

Not to mention when you buy half a chicken, you refuse to get the one with the right wing. Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Not to mention when you buy half a chicken, you refuse to get the one with the right wing. Razz Wink

Laughing

The reason I've got a few kg's to lose is that I buy the whole chook Wink Embarassed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:53 pm

^

Buying the whole chook isn't the problem. Eating it all, with half a kilo of chips on the side, couple of fried dimmies, a chiko roll and a famly coleslaw, there's your problem.

Scuse me, now I'm hungry. Embarassed

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 am

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 91 of 148   

Jump to: