Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should call Him Grubby instead
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

And in other news... Collingwood are looking to restructure, retool, refocus, and re-evaluate in advance of next season... To do this, they'll be having a re-season that Gubby will oversee.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:53 pm

think positive wrote:

OK, like the dark <snip> from Richmond too, the one who utterly loathes the Collingwood FC and anything to do with us. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:44 pm

I'd have thought any penalty, if any, should be imposed on GWS, who employed Gubby Allen at the time.

Why on earth, should Collingwood effectively be penalised for something done at another club? If, however, Allen is to be penalised, then the appropriate penalty would be a fine of some sort, as this would penalise the individual concerned but not penalise Collingwood, who had nothing to do with these events.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'd have thought any penalty, if any, should be imposed on GWS, who employed Gubby Allen at the time.

Why on earth, should Collingwood effectively be penalised for something done at another club? If, however, Allen is to be penalised, then the appropriate penalty would be a fine of some sort, as this would penalise the individual concerned but not penalise Collingwood, who had nothing to do with these events.

Could mount the same argument about Ryder et al.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:

OK, like the dark <snip> from Richmond too, the one who utterly loathes the Collingwood FC and anything to do with us. Rolling Eyes

my point is only that i wish for once we could have something happen with no murky bits around the edge

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:57 pm

If Gubby has done wrong he deserves the be punished, as do the other two involved.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm

The Prototype wrote:
If Gubby has done wrong he deserves the be punished, as do the other two involved.

However to assume that he is already guilty is just reinforcing this really nasty concept in Australia called trial by media..... Rolling Eyes

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:19 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:

my point is only that i wish for once we could have something happen with no murky bits around the edge

TP I've been following the Pies since dad started taking me to dear old Vic Park in 1964 and I can assure you that will never happen because the AFL and the media will never give us an even break.

We talk so much about culture in clubs but there has been an overriding culture in the VFL/AFL as long as I have been surpporting the Pies and that is quite simply 'stick it to the Pies at every possible opportunity'.

The media hacks do the same, whilst both the AFL and media use us as cash cows to prop up their bottom lines.

Zoning rules have been changed to disadvantage the club, playing rules likewise and quite recently. Whenever Collingwood start to dominate they start moving the goal posts and that is never going to change.

Every crappy 4th hand rumour, every bitter little malcontent, every half researched factoid are all grist to the hate Collingwood mill.

So it has always been, so it will always be.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Damn straight, and to distract from the total chaos of her pathetic rabble at Punt rd, she sinks the poison into us at every chance, with or without facts, just innuendo is good enough for her, like fatboy Robbo.

The Dogs, or rather Welfare, have only prospered on the backs of us, as have other skint teams, as we are the cash cow of the League, you made a darn good point there, yet if we were skint, they would not give a stuff about us. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:47 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:

TP I've been following the Pies since dad started taking me to dear old Vic Park in 1964 and I can assure you that will never happen because the AFL and the media will never give us an even break.

We talk so much about culture in clubs but there has been an overriding culture in the VFL/AFL as long as I have been surpporting the Pies and that is quite simply 'stick it to the Pies at every possible opportunity'.

The media hacks do the same, whilst both the AFL and media use us as cash cows to prop up their bottom lines.

Zoning rules have been changed to disadvantage the club, playing rules likewise and quite recently. Whenever Collingwood start to dominate they start moving the goal posts and that is never going to change.

Every crappy 4th hand rumour, every bitter little malcontent, every half researched factoid are all grist to the hate Collingwood mill.

OMG!! OMG!! This is absolutely spot on. Shocked

I so wish the younger magpie posters here can read this and understand the VFL/AFL and hack media hatred for us...... Rolling Eyes

You can call it believing in conspiracies, the tooth fairy or all that utter bloody crap but personal experience is to be owned and expressed, not suppressed and forgotten about.
Give me a dollar for every anti Collingwood media comment that I have read/heard/seen since 1970 and it will just be like winning tattslotto for me.
That is why to this day, I despise the hack media that make up about 90%. I simply tolerate the rest - just or ignore the bastards............... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Last edited by Lazza on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Does that happen often?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:59 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:

Well said and absolutely true. If you want evidence, look no further than The Machine. Finished top of the ladder 4 years running and as we all know, won four premierships on the trot. A remarkable effort whatever the graceless Alistair Clarkson might think. And yet, not one player from that team, or any other Collingwood team from the 40s, 50's, 60s, 70s or 80's could make the Team of the Century.

Not Gordon Coventry, nor his Brownlow medal winning brother Sid, who was the captain of The Machine. Not Jack Regan, the "Prince of Fullbacks' and not Bobby Rose, arguably the greatest Magpie ever.

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to believe everything 'droversdog65' has written. I never forget it and neither should any Collingwood supporter.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 pm

I wonder if Gubby was not associated with the Pies but had joined another club if this would have received the same level of airtime. One thing for sure Caro would not have made it part of her personal crusade.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 pm

If not Gubby then someone else member, that one is obsessive/vindictive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 74 of 182   

Jump to: