Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Gallant Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
We watched the same game but some of us find it very hard to accept such basic errors. No-one will question Marley's run or endeavour but there is a very good reason why he was such a low pick. His decision making is abysmal, especially when the pressure is on. He has been given sufficient opportunity and has not improved that aspect of his game at all. The likelihood is that he never will. The Pies will never be successful whilst the butcher of the backline is a member of the team.

I haven't ever suggested that I'm happy with errors but I'm yet to see a player in any team in any era who has been perfect with every ball use and to walk away from that effort and nit-pick 1 or 2 players for specific errors as though they were the difference in the result is just plain wrong.

You are the "public defender" of errors, the "clergy confessional ear" of errors, the "sympathiser of errors" the "Mr Tolerance" of errors.

Do you actually have a point? Not sure how any of that reflects any of my posts but thanks for your interest.

He has a point.
I can see it, Don't know how you can't see it.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:13 pm

think positive wrote:
Cheers guys

Just got home and found (sick) junior watching the 2010 grand final, joined her for the last half. My God that was a TEAM! Awesome effort. I want that again, and soon. Our defence was amazing. Have a gander guys, only five of them left! Hopefully these wonderful kids we have can emulate them soon!

You and Junior may have to wait till 2018, I have a really good feeling that is when we snare our 16th flag. That will be five for me since ive been breathing, not too bad I guess, when one comapares to dogs, saints, and deeees fans. etc. Our young boys are on the verge of some great things for the Woods, mark my words. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Cheers guys

Just got home and found (sick) junior watching the 2010 grand final, joined her for the last half. My God that was a TEAM! Awesome effort. I want that again, and soon. Our defence was amazing. Have a gander guys, only five of them left! Hopefully these wonderful kids we have can emulate them soon!

You and Junior may have to wait till 2018, I have a really good feeling that is when we snare our 16th flag. That will be five for me since ive been breathing, not too bad I guess, when one comapares to dogs, saints, and deeees fans. etc. Our young boys are on the verge of some great things for the Woods, mark my words. Very Happy

You never say never, but I feel if we can pick up another two or three players in this year's draft, or through trades, it can get us to anywhere between fifth and ninth next year. That can give us a real good crack at the flag in 2118. Hawthorn won't be there in 2018, but GWS, Sydney and a few other teams will be around then and they will be hard to beat.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

^ excellent posts above, TP. Trust me, we are going places. it's been hard, but i think this young side has begun to understand how hard you have to compete, and what you have to put in, to beat the top teams. Add that knowledge to more developed bodies and more self-belief next year, amd the results will come.

I agree with you on Cloke, though. He was a monument yesterday. We just need to get hs body and mind right. I really hope we do not let him go.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
We watched the same game but some of us find it very hard to accept such basic errors. No-one will question Marley's run or endeavour but there is a very good reason why he was such a low pick. His decision making is abysmal, especially when the pressure is on. He has been given sufficient opportunity and has not improved that aspect of his game at all. The likelihood is that he never will. The Pies will never be successful whilst the butcher of the backline is a member of the team.

I haven't ever suggested that I'm happy with errors but I'm yet to see a player in any team in any era who has been perfect with every ball use and to walk away from that effort and nit-pick 1 or 2 players for specific errors as though they were the difference in the result is just plain wrong.

You are the "public defender" of errors, the "clergy confessional ear" of errors, the "sympathiser of errors" the "Mr Tolerance" of errors.

Do you actually have a point? Not sure how any of that reflects any of my posts but thanks for your interest.

He has a point.
I can see it, Don't know how you can't see it.

You can't see how he can't see it because he can see that you don't really have a point either.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 pm

I see that lout sniper Hodge incident on Treloar was not even looked at, a vicious knee to the head not even considered, but Sloane goes for a real grilie tap. The MRP is an absolute sick joke, and the dawk loving umps are now way, way beyond a joke. Bloody disgrace.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:05 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Cheers guys

You never say never, but I feel if we can pick up another two or three players in this year's draft, or through trades, it can get us to anywhere between fifth and ninth next year. That can give us a real good crack at the flag in 2118. Hawthorn won't be there in 2018, but GWS, Sydney and a few other teams will be around then and they will be hard to beat.

Gees I hope piesnchess is right, even junior will be pushing up daisies in 2118!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ excellent posts above, TP. Trust me, we are going places. it's been hard, but i think this young side has begun to understand how hard you have to compete, and what you have to put in, to beat the top teams. Add that knowledge to more developed bodies and more self-belief next year, amd the results will come.

I agree with you on Cloke, though. He was a monument yesterday. We just need to get hs body and mind right. I really hope we do not let him go.

Cheers, spot on

58pie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:48 am

We cannot have a team of all champions but we can have a champion team and Marley just aint a part of it. He has been given enough chances. He is one of Bucks favorites so he might get another. Champion player has to prove he is a champion coach. Go pies in 2017.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:57 pm

He even shanked the critical centre clearance late in the last after they kicked the goal to level (when we should have already dropped a couple of numbers back or at the very least have our spare bloke Howe deeper).

It was a 20m floater straight to the opposition. Even a 50m kick without hitting the target would have put the ball in the panic zone.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
He even shanked the critical centre clearance late in the last after they kicked the goal to level (when we should have already dropped a couple of numbers back or at the very least have our spare bloke Howe deeper).

It was a 20m floater straight to the opposition. Even a 50m kick without hitting the target would have put the ball in the panic zone.

It really was a shocking kick, absolutely shocking.
I like Marley but you just can't kick like that at any level of football.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:30 pm

So its like this:
If you're a Buckley Suck: It was either an incredible display by the kids for their coach, OR It was a shite display and we lost becaue of this or that player, and if we dump them 2017 will be greeeat mate!!

If you want a new coach:It was a gr8 game despite us having no coach, OR it was a shite game coz half our guys are missing.

OR: The umpires are stinking lousy maggots who were told that the Piss&Poo MUST get the 4-peat coz its a marketing BONANZA for the AFL and the Dawks.
Want to bet that 2 dozen different framed images/jumpers/etc have already been produced?

Did anyone else get the email from our caring, sensitive, not-at-all-money-driven club offering around $180,000 worth of Dane Swan framed memorabilia, about two hours BEFORE Swan announced? Pretty classy CollingCorp LLC!

Did anyone else reflect that Sundays "Finals-like' match, while an amazing effort, should NOT have been our last for 2016?

If you can't get this list into finals, but are in fact taking them further backward every year, you should not be coaching ANYONE! It is now part of history that Buckley "began his rebuild in 2012"! Seriously? I read it as part of an unrelated article quoted as known fact! So it's part of footy history that Buckley had to rebuild the reigning double minor Prems! Who'd played the last 2 GF's for 1&1!!

The club & the league are crooked and will move heaven & earth to achieve their agendas, which are ALL about $$$ as well as saving face for the single, stupidest decision in footy... no...sport history.
I tipped us to finish 13th in 2016, I was wrong. I believe 100% that we will finish 7th next year. And Buckley is the saviour of Collingwood... yeah, right.

On Sunday, for the first time, I can honestly say I saw umpires deliberately change the outcome of a match. This was not the usual cultural bias which comes from being born & raised in Melbourne, this was deliberate, and done to deliver the needed result for the AFL. It may not be the last bit of cheating to bring about the desired '4-peat' which will be among the biggest cash-cows in Footy History, and cement Hawthorn as the new "Biggest team" in the game.

I'm sickened by what I'm seeing in our game, and I'm sickened by what I'm seeing as our club.

I'm SO sick of all the lies!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:01 pm

35forever wrote:
So its like this:
If you're a Buckley Suck: It was either an incredible display by the kids for their coach, OR It was a shite display and we lost becaue of this or that player, and if we dump them 2017 will be greeeat mate!!

If you want a new coach:It was a gr8 game despite us having no coach, OR it was a shite game coz half our guys are missing.

OR: The umpires are stinking lousy maggots who were told that the Piss&Poo MUST get the 4-peat coz its a marketing BONANZA for the AFL and the Dawks.
Want to bet that 2 dozen different framed images/jumpers/etc have already been produced?

Did anyone else get the email from our caring, sensitive, not-at-all-money-driven club offering around $180,000 worth of Dane Swan framed memorabilia, about two hours BEFORE Swan announced? Pretty classy CollingCorp LLC!

Did anyone else reflect that Sundays "Finals-like' match, while an amazing effort, should NOT have been our last for 2016?

If you can't get this list into finals, but are in fact taking them further backward every year, you should not be coaching ANYONE! It is now part of history that Buckley "began his rebuild in 2012"! Seriously? I read it as part of an unrelated article quoted as known fact! So it's part of footy history that Buckley had to rebuild the reigning double minor Prems! Who'd played the last 2 GF's for 1&1!!

The club & the league are crooked and will move heaven & earth to achieve their agendas, which are ALL about $$$ as well as saving face for the single, stupidest decision in footy... no...sport history.
I tipped us to finish 13th in 2016, I was wrong. I believe 100% that we will finish 7th next year. And Buckley is the saviour of Collingwood... yeah, right.

On Sunday, for the first time, I can honestly say I saw umpires deliberately change the outcome of a match. This was not the usual cultural bias which comes from being born & raised in Melbourne, this was deliberate, and done to deliver the needed result for the AFL. It may not be the last bit of cheating to bring about the desired '4-peat' which will be among the biggest cash-cows in Footy History, and cement Hawthorn as the new "Biggest team" in the game.

I'm sickened by what I'm seeing in our game, and I'm sickened by what I'm seeing as our club.

You're all no doubt SO sick of all my long long long long long winded irrational and convoluted rants!

EFA
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 am

^ Yes never get stuck in a lift with a bloke who cannot imagine that he might have only part of the truth, or that there might be other legitimate ways to see reality.

My favourite was his comment the other day that he "absolutely guarantees" that we would make top four next year with another coach. He also guarantees that Tulloch would win the Prix e l'Arc de Triomphe next year if he was running.

Last edited by Mugwump on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:23 pm

daicos35 wrote:
Very proud of the boys yesterday. So much improvement in the second half of this season. Deserved a win and really fought it out. It has been such a lesson for all these young guys how much hard work it takes to be 1% better than the other team.

Agreed. Give me four quarters of solid effort, win-lose or draw, and i generally keep my whingeing to a minimum.
Our last two games against the poo&piss should have been victories, save for some panic-merchants and ball slaughterers.
However, we have almost bridged the gap, fielding a near reserves side.
I fully expect us to roll them properly in 2017.

So last night, I watched the game in full via youtube.
Was wondering if all the venom on the forum about the umpiring from this game was valid or exaggerated?
Oh, and it was f*cking putrid, especially that pox little cvnt Bannister.
The other cheat was almost as bad, and Ray got a pass-mark at best.
Do the dropping the ball rules not apply to Burgoyne and Gibson?

For all their efforts, the players below did in fact lose us the game:
Nathan Brown, with what 10 seconds to go prior to 3/4-time, shits himself like a frightened child and feeds that ball out of the pack to a waiting Lewis for a gimme goal. Un-f*cking-believable. See the coach go beserk?
That ball needed to be brought to ground and killed, to run down the clock, no ifs-buts or maybes. They could surely see the time remaining?
Marley Williams, 2nd quarter kick across the backline for Whorethorn intercept and goal. Unacceptable. These things started adding up.
And that mongrel woomerbanger he launched in the middle with two minutes to go in the game, straight down a Whoreks players throat, also resulted in a goal to them. He needed to get better purchase on that kick.
And Crocker, who despite playing his best game for the side yet, missed a critical kick off the carpet in the goal square with a fresh-air swing.
On top of his kick at goal prior to half-time hitting the post.
Both were chances to cover himself in glory, and yet I have him in the naughty corner, wearing the dunces cap. Sliding-door moments lost.
And very disappointed with Wills missing a tackle on Hodge which lead to a Whorethorn goal, IIRC. But he tried hard, no doubt.

So it was a combination of all those little errors that tallied up to yet another loss against these umpire favoured turds.
I'm tired of all the hard work executed by the actual competent players in the team, being unravelled by the ineptitude of others.
The question is, will Brown and Williams be retained, and if so, will the coach do anything about these critical flaws in their thinking process?
And if they walk away from the club, will we even care?

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

And get me Harvey, FFS!

Rant Over. 2016 Over. Good riddance.

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: