Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Gallant Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem uncertain. How do you know what he needs?
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:41 am

I think we are missing the point here. From 1927 to 1930 a working class team set up an enigma of winning 4 premierships in a row. The team wasn't bought like the Hawks are today, taking the selfish best to be in a premiership. We cannot complain about it really as we did the same with Adam. What we can complain about is entrusting to Bucks and his team the job of retaining the past Collingwoods champions place in history. They have let us down by selection , coaching or whatever. We are Collingwood and if it takes 5 in a row we are the only ones to end that dream. Go pies in 2017.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:02 am

Presti35 wrote:
Dont know how true this is, but theres a bit of word that Jean Claude Van Damme was at the game?

Did he attack anyone ? Wink I would love it if he gave Hodge a taste of his own sniper medicine.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:
Apart from the odd dumb stuff I thought we out-Hawked the Hawks today. Our ball movement was generally pretty darn good and we were going at 82% efficiency at half time. History will show that after some years of decline that 2016 we stablised after a bad start and started to go back up again.

Agree 100%

As far as the umpires are concerned, the best thing the AFL could do is un-mic them. This is the reason they're so full of their own self importance AFAIC.

MM

IN all honesty,the game was much better umpired back in the good ol footy days of the 50s 60s 70s, when we had only ONE damn ump on the field, for the whole friggin game, I kid you not, the game was much better umpired bac then, far better, now four of the dickheads cant even do it, they are absolutely shite, the whole system is rigged too. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

I don't doubt it for one second. NRL is the same. Used to have one referee and no video. The umpires coach has a GREAT deal to answer for.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
58pie wrote:
"John Wren"]
58pie wrote:
Marley was just terrible. Bounced the ball and lost it, was just one of his mistakes. Failed to pick up anyone and was wandering around like he thought he was a midfielder. Will not hold his position next year. He hardly managed one proper delivery by foot. I didn't think Brown did enough but Grundy was colossal. Buckley as others have said should have flooded when in front. We lost this games by a point but should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Some more players should consider retirement because the young guys looked great apart from Smith who has to be more consistant. Go Pies in 2017.

bolded part suggests you misunderstand some of what is asked of the role he played.

whilst marley did have the odd errant kick it's no worse than when sidey gets too cute and fails to kick to a target.

Marley got 16 possesions while Steely had 33 so I don't see you angle John.
Were you at the game? Marley was dropped a few weeks back and was lucky to retain his spot. Would you ever drop Steely? Has speed , decides quickly and Marley on the other hand hesitated and then popped it up. Not in the same class. Marley is lucky to be on list after his indiscretion. A move might help him as it has helped Heater. Go GWS in the 2016 (maybe one ex pie can stop a 4 repeat) and Pies in 2017

Sidebottom is in his 8th season, a 1st round draft pick, a highly regarded midfielder, a regular senior player with over 160 games under his belt. Williams is in his 4th year, a rookie draft pick, a developing defender, has struggled the whole season with injury and form and has only played 60 odd games.[/quote

Grab a dictionary and look up the definition of developing. Once you have done that you will never use that word, and Williams, in the same sentence again.

Happy to consider anyone with under 100 games as developing.

So Macaffer and Robbie Tarrant are still developing??

I said CONSIDER, not a definitive, 60 odd games across 4 seasons hardly screams established to me. Macaffer and Tarrant both injury affected but they've both been in the systems a long time.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 pm

When? Did I really?
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Very proud of the boys yesterday. So much improvement in the second half of this season. Deserved a win and really fought it out. It has been such a lesson for all these young guys how much hard work it takes to be 1% better than the other team.

We have turned the corner and will be in the mix next year. Lots to feel hopeful about over summer. Not just this game. The attitude the young boys have attacked the game with will be backed the with bigger stronger bodies they'll develop and their decisions under pressure will consistently be better with the experience they've gained playing a tough season.

We are an honest working class footy club. Something this competition will come to appreciate. The team will be back, the Collingwood crowd will be back. Looking forward to welcoming young Browny and Daics. Showing my age I know, but that first training session is one I'd like to watch.

Bring on 2017, no injuries or mishaps 'til then.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:42 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
think positive wrote:
I don't. That kick to Smith was going to hit Smith on the chest, maybe it was a little slow, but it was accurate. And Smith, in the defensive forward stood and waited for it. There was another player next to smith and both of them allowed the intercept. All Smith had to do was step forward to get the pass. He didn't. That's not Marleys fault.

Funny we complain about not winning and line it up against the coach and the admin and then go all lenient on the players, who in the extreme moment of the contest, commit elementary skill errors which cost us the game. It's a team sport so I don't want to blame individual players, but find it strange you want to blame it on the receiver when it was the guy with the ball executing the kick who coughed it up with a poorly executed kick. Contrast that to the other extreme where Treloar created a goal out of nowhere to give us the lead. Another moment where the anguished look on Treloar's face standing next to a teammate who had just given away a silly free kick, showed you how much Treloar wanted us to win the game. As another pointed out, errors occur all over the field all the time, but when scores are level with a minute to go, it's that last error (turnover) that loses you the game.

I'm not gunning for anyone after that game. I haven't bagged the coach, L thought he did well, we manned up, Cloke played in position, I'm not singling out a player, I was simply defending Marley in this instance. (He is copping a lot of shit, I'd rather you all as save it for Blair! Who as you all know, I'll defend with my dying breath!) The pass was a little slow, but it was accurate, and it was a thread the needle. The receiver was caught napping. My message as a coach is "it's your responsibility to make sure the player you are aiming at can get the ball" Marley did that, it was accurate, there was space, however, the receiver stood and waited for the ball. Unless you are 10 metres from the nearest player you never do that, you step forward into the ball. What ever game you are playing. The kids young, I'm not blaming the loss on him, or even that particular incident. Shit happens.

I can also say with 100% certainty that every player out there gave 100%, yes there were errors. Yes some dumb decisions, some not so great skills, bit if we dished that up every week I would be more than happy. Ecstatic. The look on Treloars face was the same look on every player out there's face. I'm so proud I could burst. I'm not upset, or disappointed, I'm just pissed we didn't make it hard for them in the finals. I expected to get smashed. I'm delighted. If we dish more of that up, with a couple of the more seasoned players back in, we can take it to anyone. But I'm reserving judgement and the 'I was wrong' about the coach speech until I see us play that game plan against every team.

There is another thing I tell my kids when I coach, "you have to be far enough in front so that the mother of all umpire decisions doesn't lose the game for you." I've lost a grand final by a point in overtime to a shit umpire decision, it hurts. And I'm 100% sure we lost yesterday to an umpiring system that has two standards. The top teams always get it easy.

And wow wee lookeeeee, final set up between Hawks and cats! You could not plan it better if you tried! Well done to the AwFuL, the umpires sucked yesterday. We didn't.

Well done team, well done captain, best captains game yet, well done coach. Well done us supporters, we tried so hard to get them home.

Something else not mentioned here - at 6 minutes in the third 1/4 (36) the whole cheer squad end stood and chanted and clapped for Dane Swan. I'm not afraid to say I cried.

I love this team, I love footy, and even this forum. I'm filled with hope for next season, hope I thought was dead and buried. If this, yesterday, is our direction, it's onward and upwards. My final word. We need Cloke. Do not let him go. Him and Darcy are a match made in heaven. We need a KPP Backman. It's going to be an interesting off season. I can't wait for the trades and drafts.

I hope the Hawks go out in straight sets. Don't particularly want the cats to win it all, but as long as it ain't the Hawks I'm happy!

Cheers, Go Pies!

Last edited by think positive on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:44 pm

^^^
Yeah I'm with you Daicos 35. My sentiments exactly. Geez its been a hard year to watch but you get that with newbies (I keep telling myself)

Loved the fighting spirit our boys showed yesterday. (It's a bit poor, some of the bad loser sentiment from some posters.)

Next year will be the charm.

Cheers to all the Nicks faithfull & may the Hawks have had their last win for the year!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:
I don't. That kick to Smith was going to hit Smith on the chest, maybe it was a little slow, but it was accurate. And Smith, in the defensive forward stood and waited for it. There was another player next to smith and both of them allowed the intercept. All Smith had to do was step forward to get the pass. He didn't. That's not Marleys fault.

Funny we complain about not winning and line it up against the coach and the admin and then go all lenient on the players, who in the extreme moment of the contest, commit elementary skill errors which cost us the game. It's a team sport so I don't want to blame individual players, but find it strange you want to blame it on the receiver when it was the guy with the ball executing the kick who coughed it up with a poorly executed kick. Contrast that to the other extreme where Treloar created a goal out of nowhere to give us the lead. Another moment where the anguished look on Treloar's face standing next to a teammate who had just given away a silly free kick, showed you how much Treloar wanted us to win the game. As another pointed out, errors occur all over the field all the time, but when scores are level with a minute to go, it's that last error (turnover) that loses you the game.

I'm not gunning for anyone after that game. I haven't bagged the coach, L thought he did well, we manned up, Cloke played in position, I'm not singling out a player, I was simply defending Marley in this instance. (He is copping a lot of shit, I'd rather you all as save it for Blair! Who as you all know, I'll defend with my dying breath!) The pass was a little slow, but it was accurate, and it was a thread the needle. The receiver was caught napping. My message as a coach is "it's your responsibility to make sure the player you are aiming at can get the ball" Marley did that, it was accurate, there was space, however, the receiver stood and waited for the ball. Unless you are 10 metres from the nearest player you never do that, you step forward into the ball. What ever game you are playing. The kids young, I'm not blaming the loss on him, or even that particular incident. Shit happens.

I can also say with 100% certainty that every player out there gave 100%, yes there were errors. Yes some dumb decisions, some not so great skills, bit if we dished that up every week I would be more than happy. Ecstatic. The look on Treloars face was the same look on every player out there's face. I'm so proud I could burst. I'm not upset, or disappointed, I'm just pissed we didn't make it hard for them in the finals. I expected to get smashed. I'm delighted. If we dish more of that up, with a couple of the more seasoned players back in, we can take it to anyone. But I'm reserving judgement and the 'I was wrong' about the coach speech until I see us play that game plan against every team.

There is another thing I tell my kids when I coach, "you have to be far enough in front so that the mother of all umpire decisions doesn't lose the game for you." I've lost a grand final by a point in overtime to a shit umpire decision, it hurts. And I'm 100% sure we lost yesterday to an umpiring system that has two standards. The top teams always get it easy.

And wow wee lookeeeee, final set up between Hawks and cats! You could not plan it better if you tried! Well done to the AwFuL, the umpires sucked yesterday. We didn't.

Well done team, well done captain, best captains game yet, well done coach. Well done us supporters, we tried so hard to get them home.

Something else not mentioned here - at 6 minutes in the third 1/4 (36) the whole cheer squad end stood and chanted and clapped for Dane Swan. I'm not afraid to say I cried.

I love this team, I love footy, and even this forum. I'm filled with hope for next season, hope I thought was dead and buried. If this, yesterday, is our direction, it's onward and upwards. My final word. We need Cloke. Do not let him go. Him and Darcy are a match made in heaven. We need a KPP Backman. It's going to be an interesting off season. I can't wait for the trades and drafts.

I hope the Hawks go out in straight sets. Don't particularly want the cats to win it all, but as long as it ain't the Hawks I'm happy!

Cheers, Go Pies!

I have a different opinion. I want the Hawks to make the GF. Then, I want Sydney or GWS to run them into the ground and give them the biggest smashing of all time. I want them beaten, humiliated, retired and gone.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:04 pm

5 from the wing debut....All hail Ricky Barham!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:13 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers, Go Pies!

Top post there TP.

My only point of difference is that I'm unsure about Cloke's ongoing value to us.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:07 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers, Go Pies!

FWIW I love your passion and agree with 99% of what you say. Hawthorn are the current benchmark and if we're ever going to beat them again, some cruel decisions are going to have to be made about our list, which unfortunately involve tapping certain players on the shoulder, who every week play their guts out and give their all for the team. But rather than talk about them I would prefer we talk about players such as Phillips and Crocker, who two, three games into their AFL playing careers against the best side in decades, hardly put a foot wrong in yesterday's game.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:32 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
We watched the same game but some of us find it very hard to accept such basic errors. No-one will question Marley's run or endeavour but there is a very good reason why he was such a low pick. His decision making is abysmal, especially when the pressure is on. He has been given sufficient opportunity and has not improved that aspect of his game at all. The likelihood is that he never will. The Pies will never be successful whilst the butcher of the backline is a member of the team.

I haven't ever suggested that I'm happy with errors but I'm yet to see a player in any team in any era who has been perfect with every ball use and to walk away from that effort and nit-pick 1 or 2 players for specific errors as though they were the difference in the result is just plain wrong.

You are the "public defender" of errors, the "clergy confessional ear" of errors, the "sympathiser of errors" the "Mr Tolerance" of errors.

Do you actually have a point? Not sure how any of that reflects any of my posts but thanks for your interest.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Cheers guys

Just got home and found (sick) junior watching the 2010 grand final, joined her for the last half. My God that was a TEAM! Awesome effort. I want that again, and soon. Our defence was amazing. Have a gander guys, only five of them left! Hopefully these wonderful kids we have can emulate them soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: