Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Gallant Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Marley was just terrible. Bounced the ball and lost it, was just one of his mistakes. Failed to pick up anyone and was wandering around like he thought he was a midfielder. Will not hold his position next year. He hardly managed one proper delivery by foot. I didn't think Brown did enough but Grundy was colossal. Buckley as others have said should have flooded when in front. We lost this games by a point but should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Some more players should consider retirement because the young guys looked great apart from Smith who has to be more consistant. Go Pies in 2017.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Cam wrote:
Many of Sidebottom's dinky kicks got picked off today. Much better when he kicks it further.

When they come of the dinky kicks are pure genius but jesus when they don't they are bloody ridiculous. When they didn't come off today it was pretty obvious there were many other options.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:05 pm

From my perspective, that was a great effort.

Hawthorn had everything to play for, we had nothing but pride and we ran it to the wire with at least 12 players who would be vying for best 22 missing.

12th on the ladder vs the team that had been first til last round. Other teams outside the finals like Richmond and Melbourne got utterly belted, we fought it out and looked like a top 4 team.

Damn good game, if that's our brand of football I'm positive about 2017

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 pm

"John Wren"][quote="58pie"]Marley was just terrible. Bounced the ball and lost it, was just one of his mistakes.[b] Failed to pick up anyone and [i]was wandering around like he thought he was a midfielder. [/i][/b]Will not hold his position next year. He hardly managed one proper delivery by foot. I didn't think Brown did enough but Grundy was colossal. Buckley as others have said should have flooded when in front. We lost this games by a point but should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Some more players should consider retirement because the young guys looked great apart from Smith who has to be more consistant. Go Pies in 2017.[/quote]

bolded part suggests you misunderstand some of what is asked of the role he played.

whilst marley did have the odd errant kick it's no worse than when sidey gets too cute and fails to kick to a target.[/quote]

Marley got 16 possesions while Steely had 33 so I don't see you angle John.
Were you at the game? Marley was dropped a few weeks back and was lucky to retain his spot. Would you ever drop Steely? Has speed , decides quickly and Marley on the other hand hesitated and then popped it up. Not in the same class. Marley is lucky to be on list after his indiscretion. A move might help him as it has helped Heater. Go GWS in the 2016 (maybe one ex pie can stop a 4 repeat) and Pies in 2017
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:14 pm

There is no denying the boys were fantastic today. The effort was superb for the whole game. Showed a lot of resilience to come back from 3 goals down to hit the front. A big dissapointment we didn't win fully deserved it.

I go back to Treloar's goal that put us in front . It was 4 in a row had all the momentum and about 26 mins on the clock. It appeared we left the back half of centre square open and Hawks forwards set up close to give space in front and behind. We rolled the dice on the centre break and lost and it cost us a goal and momentum as the Hawks controlled the ball after that. I thought Bucks should have pushed numbers back given it was so late in the term.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:
Apart from the odd dumb stuff I thought we out-Hawked the Hawks today. Our ball movement was generally pretty darn good and we were going at 82% efficiency at half time. History will show that after some years of decline that 2016 we stablised after a bad start and started to go back up again.

Agree 100%

As far as the umpires are concerned, the best thing the AFL could do is un-mic them. This is the reason they're so full of their own self importance AFAIC.

MM

IN all honesty,the game was much better umpired back in the good ol footy days of the 50s 60s 70s, when we had only ONE damn ump on the field, for the whole friggin game, I kid you not, the game was much better umpired bac then, far better, now four of the dickheads cant even do it, they are absolutely shite, the whole system is rigged too. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

Single ump certainly gave you greater consistency but even umpires in the last year or two of the single ump system have said they struggled to keep up with pace of the game and relied on boundary and goal umpires more often than they'd like.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
There is no denying the boys were fantastic today. The effort was superb for the whole game. Showed a lot of resilience to come back from 3 goals down to hit the front. A big dissapointment we didn't win fully deserved it.

I go back to Treloar's goal that put us in front . It was 4 in a row had all the momentum and about 26 mins on the clock. It appeared we left the back half of centre square open and Hawks forwards set up close to give space in front and behind. We rolled the dice on the centre break and lost and it cost us a goal and momentum as the Hawks controlled the ball after that. I thought Bucks should have pushed numbers back given it was so late in the term.

it was poor coaching in the last 2 minutes.
We didn't go full out attack nor full out defence, we were in no mans land.
He gets paid a million bucks a year.
He didn't plan properly with the situation.
Clarkson did.
That is why Clarko has won so many close ones.
It is a small detail but it is what I don't see happening with Bux.
So it is down to 2017 for bux.
It is a make or break year.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I never really get the hate on umpires. They make mistakes, like players.

The worst one - a real howler - was in our favour with about eight mins to go in the last quarter and Blair got a crtiical goal from it. There were others that went each way. I didn't really think they were the difference in the end, at all.

Yep this. Couple of dodgy frees either way. It's the ones that don't get paid that are more often than not the momentum killers.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Great effort today by the boys! Proud to wear my maggies shirt. Goodbye 2016, bring on the next 5 years + of Magpie domination and Bucks reign as the premiership coach. BOOM! BAM! KAPOW!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:40 pm

58pie wrote:
Marley was just terrible. Bounced the ball and lost it, was just one of his mistakes. Failed to pick up anyone and was wandering around like he thought he was a midfielder. Will not hold his position next year. He hardly managed one proper delivery by foot. I didn't think Brown did enough but Grundy was colossal. Buckley as others have said should have flooded when in front. We lost this games by a point but should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Some more players should consider retirement because the young guys looked great apart from Smith who has to be more consistant. Go Pies in 2017.

Nothing to do with Buckley not flooding back. Ball gets bounced in the centre. Lewis or Rioli handball it out to Fitzpatrick who kicks the long goal. No team can stop that. Good goal to the opposition. We just kicked four goals on the trot. No reason to believe we couldn't keep it up. Now we come to the reason we lost the game. Ball gets bounced again with a minute and half to come. We gain possession on the half back line with Williams gathering possession and charging forward. He doesn't look where he's kicking it to and coughs it up to the opposition on our forward line who then keep possession for the next 40 seconds or so which gives them the time they need to kick the point. Winning games of footy is measured in inches, not miles and when you have possession of the ball with a minute to go in a tight game, you don't under any circumstances cough it up. It's all about execution on the field with your kicking and handball and has nothing to do with the man who sits in the coaches box.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:45 pm

58pie wrote:
"John Wren"]
58pie wrote:

bolded part suggests you misunderstand some of what is asked of the role he played.

whilst marley did have the odd errant kick it's no worse than when sidey gets too cute and fails to kick to a target.

Were you at the game? Marley was dropped a few weeks back and was lucky to retain his spot. Would you ever drop Steely? Has speed , decides quickly and Marley on the other hand hesitated and then popped it up. Not in the same class. Marley is lucky to be on list after his indiscretion. A move might help him as it has helped Heater. Go GWS in the 2016 (maybe one ex pie can stop a 4 repeat) and Pies in 2017[/quote]

Sidebottom is in his 8th season, a 1st round draft pick, a highly regarded midfielder, a regular senior player with over 160 games under his belt. Williams is in his 4th year, a rookie draft pick, a developing defender, has struggled the whole season with injury and form and has only played 60 odd games.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:50 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
58pie wrote:

Nothing to do with Buckley not flooding back. Ball gets bounced in the centre. Lewis or Rioli handball it out to Fitzpatrick who kicks the long goal. No team can stop that. Good goal to the opposition. We just kicked four goals on the trot. No reason to believe we couldn't keep it up. Now we come to the reason we lost the game. Ball gets bounced again with a minute and half to come. We gain possession on the half back line with Williams gathering possession and charging forward. He doesn't look where he's kicking it to and coughs it up to the opposition on our forward line who then keep possession for the next 40 seconds or so which gives them the time they need to kick the point. Winning games of footy is measured in inches, not miles and when you have possession of the ball with a minute to go in a tight game, you don't under any circumstances cough it up. It's all about execution on the field with your kicking and handball and has nothing to do with the man who sits in the coaches box.

There are hundreds of moments in a game that determine the outcome of a game.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
58pie wrote:
"John Wren"]
58pie wrote:

whilst marley did have the odd errant kick it's no worse than when sidey gets too cute and fails to kick to a target.

Were you at the game? Marley was dropped a few weeks back and was lucky to retain his spot. Would you ever drop Steely? Has speed , decides quickly and Marley on the other hand hesitated and then popped it up. Not in the same class. Marley is lucky to be on list after his indiscretion. A move might help him as it has helped Heater. Go GWS in the 2016 (maybe one ex pie can stop a 4 repeat) and Pies in 2017

Sidebottom is in his 8th season, a 1st round draft pick, a highly regarded midfielder, a regular senior player with over 160 games under his belt. Williams is in his 4th year, a rookie draft pick, a developing defender, has struggled the whole season with injury and form and has only played 60 odd games.[/quote

Grab a dictionary and look up the definition of developing. Once you have done that you will never use that word, and Williams, in the same sentence again.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:53 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
58pie wrote:
"John Wren"]
58pie wrote:

Sidebottom is in his 8th season, a 1st round draft pick, a highly regarded midfielder, a regular senior player with over 160 games under his belt. Williams is in his 4th year, a rookie draft pick, a developing defender, has struggled the whole season with injury and form and has only played 60 odd games.[/quote

Grab a dictionary and look up the definition of developing. Once you have done that you will never use that word, and Williams, in the same sentence again.

8th season, 4th season, whatever. Marley was very poor today and Sidebottom was very good. We have many better options than Williams at half back and if they are all fit next year he's going to find it hard to get a game.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:58 pm

John Wren wrote:
58pie wrote:

Watching today it looked like Marley also misunderstood what was being asked of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: