Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#4 Brayden Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He was the youngest player in the AFL last year and this is only his second year. I've never understood some of the harsh criticisms of him. The kid is going to be a gun player for us for the next decade. He may even progress into the midfield next year.

Imagine having players with brute force like Wills, a bigger stronger De Goey and Maynard smashing packs open, running through the middle of the ground and feeding the ball out to Pendles and Treloar. I'm excited.

Jackson Ramsey is even better than Maynard.Imagine how good our 1/2 back line will be when we have Maynard Ramsay Langdon to choose from leaving Adams to go back to the mid field where he belongs..

Maynard, Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg.

Apparently??? No one rates Scharenberg but I'll add him every day of the week.

Based on what he showed in the VFL and his 2 or 3 senior games I was not impressed by Scharenberg at all. However, the weight of opinion by those with far better football pedigrees than me, who rate him as an A grade talent, is such that I have joined the Schaz bandwagon. Let's just hope that the kid has an injury free season next year and begins to build a wonderful career with the Pies.

It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and have different opinions about what they have seen. I can't wait for Scharenberg to be fit and in the team. In the little that I saw of him I saw glimpses of a top quality player. He instinctively knows where he should be and when he should be there. He has great poise. Those traits will serve him well, assuming that he can get fit and rack up some games.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:36 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He was the youngest player in the AFL last year and this is only his second year. I've never understood some of the harsh criticisms of him. The kid is going to be a gun player for us for the next decade. He may even progress into the midfield next year.

Imagine having players with brute force like Wills, a bigger stronger De Goey and Maynard smashing packs open, running through the middle of the ground and feeding the ball out to Pendles and Treloar. I'm excited.

Jackson Ramsey is even better than Maynard.Imagine how good our 1/2 back line will be when we have Maynard Ramsay Langdon to choose from leaving Adams to go back to the mid field where he belongs..

Based on what he showed in the VFL and his 2 or 3 senior games I was not impressed by Scharenberg at all. However, the weight of opinion by those with far better football pedigrees than me, who rate him as an A grade talent, is such that I have joined the Schaz bandwagon. Let's just hope that the kid has an injury free season next year and begins to build a wonderful career with the Pies.

It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and have different opinions about what they have seen. I can't wait for Scharenberg to be fit and in the team. In the little that I saw of him I saw glimpses of a top quality player. He instinctively knows where he should be and when he should be there. He has great poise. Those traits will serve him well, assuming that he can get fit and rack up some games.

I bow to your better judgement. After all, I never thought Aish, Swanny or Heater would be any good. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

So given my shocking record at recognising talent, I hope I haven't put the mozz on Wills and De Goey by picking them as future stars. Rolling Eyes
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I bow to your better judgement. After all, I never thought Aish, Swanny or Heater would be any good. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

So given my shocking record at recognising talent, I hope I haven't put the mozz on Wills and De Goey by picking them as future stars. Rolling Eyes

It may transpire that your only error in judgement is believing that I have better judgement. I hope I do but time and injuries will tell.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm

inxs88 wrote:
in the words of one Pauline Hanson "please explain" and fix your grammar..

Pot, kettle, black?
I found 5 errors of grammar in that one line of text. Pretty impressive.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Yeah i'm starting to warm to him a bit, had a good second half of the season, hopfully he continues to improve.

+1

Has alright of tools to be a really good footballer. I can't decide whether he is just raw or lacks footy smarts though - could be a combination of both.

Love how bullocking he is though, and I love it when he absolutely hoofs it. Can really break open the play with a boot like that

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Beast wrote:
Mate I've killed for far less than people mentioning Braynard in the same sentence with Blair.

Watch your step from now on.

Really, you've killed someone for less? Really?
So who's this Braynard anyway? Is he a fictitious somebody
when talk about Blair and Maynard in the same sentence?
And watch your step. we wouldn't won't you step on your knuckles.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:35 pm

dalyc wrote:

Don't discount Smith. This guy's a ripper.

Agree. The kid has just slotted in like a 100 gamer.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:42 pm

^ Scharenberg actually coming in to play and develop, assuming his two possible weak spots have been fixed, is really gaining a first round draft pick next year. That is seriously good news.

An on topic, Maynard is growing every week, and he's 20. He looked pretty damaging coming off hard back as a runner against the Suns, and that left boot goes a long way.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 pm
Post subject: Maynard to Full Forward?Reply with quote

I was wondering today how Brayden Maynard would go playing at full forward. In no way am I putting him in the same class as Dustin Martin, but he does have some similar qualities. There's no doubt the kid gives it his all, yet let's face it he gets caught out playing in the backline.

Is there anyone else on the list who could switch roles?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:32 pm

I had wondered about him playing forward, but I do not think he is particularly strong overhead, which you need as a forward. I can't recall him taking a contested mark. Nice kick, though, and has a few goals to his name off the HBF.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 pm

FFS! Straws and grasping. How desperate have we got?
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Ok. Wouldn't you like Bucks to mix things up when things aren't working? After Griffiths went down Thursday, I thought here's a chance to swing Reid forward. But no, nothing changed. Does it ever?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Suppose I said it does.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Let's put Blair at Full Back, Sidey in a back pocket and Lynden Dunn on the ball.

PS: Maynard lacks footy IQ

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Maynard as a FF? Next you will be saying we should make Blair the captain / coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 14 of 40   

Jump to: