Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Suns . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:
Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

They had their entire midfield missing, and had to play the last bloke on their list. Everyone on their list has now got a game this season. But we are going so well that we can play a fully fit Cloke in the 2nds, just to qualify him for the finals of course.

And Langdon,Scharenberg,Reid Adams,Sinclair,Ramsey and Goldsack is our ENTIRE backline out and Fasolo Elliot Cloke and Moore ,is 2/3rds of our forward line along with the best player Collingwood has trotted out in our lifetime in Swan out of our midfield!!1 Your point is??? I must be missing something. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:30 pm

mudlark wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:
Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

They had their entire midfield missing, and had to play the last bloke on their list. Everyone on their list has now got a game this season. But we are going so well that we can play a fully fit Cloke in the 2nds, just to qualify him for the finals of course.

And Langdon,Scharenberg,Reid Adams,Sinclair,Ramsey and Goldsack is our ENTIRE backline out and Fasolo Elliot Cloke and Moore ,is 2/3rds of our forward line along with the best player Collingwood has trotted out in our lifetime in Swan out of our midfield!!1 Your point is??? I must be missing something. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What you are missing is, Scharenberg is an unknown, not be OK, might not be. Goldsack is GORN. Cloke is GORN - we CHOSE not to play him. Langdon, Sinclair & Ramsay??? Really???

If all our midfield, Pendles, Teeloar, Greenwood, Sidey were out, it would matter if all those players you mentioned were there or not.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:39 pm

But by the same token the Gold Coast have some players who are 'gorn' as well like O'Meara and Prestia^.I know it's a circular argument that goes round and round,but if you're going to mention all the players who are out of an opposition side,you should at least make some mention of all the players that are out for us as well.It's only fair.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:04 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
But by the same token the Gold Coast have some players who are 'gorn' as well like O'Meara and Prestia^.I know it's a circular argument that goes round and round,but if you're going to mention all the players who are out of an opposition side,you should at least make some mention of all the players that are out for us as well.It's only fair.

True, but I think their entire midfield is a bigger loss than some of the backline players we had out. And if we're going to play White ahead of Cloke, you cant mention him - its entirely self inflicted.

They'd be playing Prestia & O'Meara if they were available.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:55 pm

We both had plenty of injuries… our forward line has been decimated and our back line is missing many - of course the mids we are fairing a lot better than the Suns with only Adams out really however we beat em by 12 goals and if we kicked a little better in the last it would shave been 100+ points.

Our young guys look a lot better than their guys and unlike Doc63 I am not worried about Ablett or their mids in 2017 at Metricon!

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
piedys wrote:

That's why I had some defenders amongst my bests.

Is that why you couldn't squeeze Treloar in for a vote?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Donny wrote:
Just been looking at the advanced stats.

Wills only had 18 disposals but every one found its mark (100% DE).

He also laid 10 tackles. Certainly running with that 100 metre goal. Wink

Well played, Rupe.

18 at 100% and 10 tackles is a bloody good game!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:01 pm

(From "Game-on" thread)
Quote:

WarrenerraW wrote:
Grundy has corn braids and they look terrible.

What'sinaname wrote:
they are called corn rolls

If you're gonna go to the time and effort to correct someone, at least get it right. Corn Rows.
LMFAO!!!!!!

Agree with your Ed's kids lookalike call. Lol.
Been saying the same thing for a little while myself.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Doc63 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

True, but I think their entire midfield is a bigger loss than some of the backline players we had out. And if we're going to play White ahead of Cloke, you cant mention him - its entirely self inflicted.

They'd be playing Prestia & O'Meara if they were available.

Ah well!! Some mothers do have 'em Confused
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:27 pm

King Monkey wrote:
(From "Game-on" thread)
Quote:

WarrenerraW wrote:
Grundy has corn braids and they look terrible.

What'sinaname wrote:
they are called corn rolls

If you're gonna go to the time and effort to correct someone, at least get it right. Corn Rows.
LMFAO!!!!!!

Agree with your Ed's kids lookalike call. Lol.
Been saying the same thing for a little while myself.

I was laughing at the 7 commentary who called them corn rolls.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
piedys wrote:

That's why I had some defenders amongst my bests.

Is that why you couldn't squeeze Treloar in for a vote?

I posted specifically about Treloar in the Treloar thread. Other people are welcome to give him votes, if they want.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:

Everyone on our list has got a game except for Sier.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:48 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:

Everyone on our list has got a game except for Sier.

No, you missed another one in Scharenberg who hasn't played this year either. Just because he's on one leg is no excuse not to play him. And why is Cloke dropped just because he was no good when we played him? He's Cloke isn't him? Just play him anyway and when we lose, just blame the coach, because it's the coach's fault.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:00 pm

^^Right. This also means the Suns haven't used every player either. O'Meara did not play a game.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:23 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Right. This also means the Suns haven't used every player either. O'Meara did not play a game.

Their losses haven't been as significant - O'Meara is promising enough but he's hardly an established star like Shazza.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: