Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Suns . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Ha, that would be nice,

But I'm kinda thinking the score half time next week will be us as the Suns last night, and the Hawks won't shut down after half time.

In a small way Its good Darcy got the tweak, he won't get smashed by the bully boy big bodied dawk defenders next week. The bastards will be out for some easy prey after this weeks loss, and we have far too much in the way of young cannon fodder for my liking.

I doubt it, TP, though we will be bloody undermanned. I think you can see this side growing nearly every week, and we have been competitive against other top 8 sides. No Darcy, no Fas, no reid, no Taylor, no Sinclair, no DeGoey... it could be a blow-out. But i reckon we'll take it up to them. If we get pumped, it won't be the end of the world, but i think the boys will try to make a statement.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:21 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the score when I returned from a birthday party last night, only to watch Jessica make a meal of easy set shots and not convert the dominance on-field to the scoreboard. This infected the entire team and they resumed the unwatchable crap they have been serving up all year. For the second time that day I turned off the telly and did something more useful with my time (first was the chokers, I mean Boomers). Glad I did too, 9 behinds in the 4th quarter, wtf? Soft tissue injury to Moore further took the shine off a nothing win.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:24 am

That sounds very nice.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:39 am

Will White be given a new contract? Surely we wouldn't move him and Cloke on?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:03 am

You'd like to think they'll keep some AFL-standard footballers. But they'll probably keep White instead.

For those who care, his goal-kicking efficiency last night was 33% (3.3 from 9 shots).

Indeed, of the guys who kicked goals, only Pendlebury (1 from 1), De Goey (3 from 4), Crisp and Greenwood (each 2 from 3) went at better than 50% goal-kicking efficiency on the night.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:15 pm

piedys wrote:
Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

That's why I had some defenders amongst my bests.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:39 pm

If anyone said at the beginning of the game we'd come away with a 70 point win, we would've taken it hands down.

9 wins for the season though, not good enough IMO!
We should be playing finals.

Edited to add: I hope I'm wrong but I am fearing Darcy is too injury prone.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 pm

piedys wrote:

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

Last edited by mudlark on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Solid big win, a nice thrashing, and at least the doomsayers can STFU for at least one week.

Oh yeah, Collingwood 2nds beat Gold Coast 4ths by 70 points.

Quick, put a 5 year contract in front of Nathan Numpty before Richmond comes knocking!!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:42 pm

mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

They had their entire midfield missing, and had to play the last bloke on their list. Everyone on their list has now got a game this season. But we are going so well that we can play a fully fit Cloke in the 2nds, just to qualify him for the finals of course.

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:45 pm

My aim is not very good.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:45 pm

^^^ Don't be harsh. Based on yesterday's efforts, it looks like Clokey is just being retrained to play as our front-and-centre-crumber when Blair is delisted. I've seen worse ideas on here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:46 pm

HAL wrote:
My aim is not very good.

That's why the entire wall in front of you is stainless steel, HAL
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:47 pm

And not is [quoteyou]his or her aim good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: