Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bring back Draft, Trade & Free Agency forum?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 pm
Post subject: Bring back Draft, Trade & Free Agency forum?Reply with quote

Just wondering if its worth bring back a new forum for these threads?

There's a few scattered around Other AFL and in GD.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Really. As Hardly anyone went there anyway
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:35 am

Actually, the DTM forum was popular during player movement period, but beyond that it had very little user activity.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Jezza wrote:
Actually, the DTM forum was popular during player movement period, but beyond that it had very little user activity.

That is pretty much spot on and I did love a Board with my Name in it Very Happy

But last few years it had next to no Traffic all year on it and Including the Trade Period and the Draft Time Crying or Very sad

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 am

I have no issue with there being a board for the draft/trade period, though I guess you could hide it, unhide it during the trade period. Though it might be a lot of work and not sure if this software allows it.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Well if we're going to close all the forums with no traffic, then we should just have one big GD forum.

The layout is all wrong.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Sorry for taking so long to respond! I think we discussed this some time back and decided there was no longer need for it. Once the season is over, we won't be talking about much else in GD anyhow (and Other AFL for trades not involving Collingwood). Happy to discuss this further, though.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:06 am

David wrote:
Sorry for taking so long to respond! I think we discussed this some time back and decided there was no longer need for it. Once the season is over, we won't be talking about much else in GD anyhow (and Other AFL for trades not involving Collingwood). Happy to discuss this further, though.

Its a bit strange. We've got a thread in GD now that is about players from other clubs delistings, retirements, etc... So should it live in Nicks other?

Just seems we have threads that could be in either forum, but some get moved and some dont.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Presti35 wrote:
David wrote:

Its a bit strange. We've got a thread in GD now that is about players from other clubs delistings, retirements, etc... So should it live in Nicks other?

Just seems we have threads that could be in either forum, but some get moved and some dont.

At the time, the "Nicks Other AFL" board sounded like a great idea as some posters were complaining about topics appearing in "General Discussion" that were not related to Collingwood, however there's hardly any activity in that part of the forum for whatever reason and by and large 90 to 95% of threads in "General Discussion" are Collingwood-related anyway.

I know that Donny will say that it only takes a few clicks to check out "Nicks Other AFL" and that's true, but the people seem to have spoken and aren't interested in that particular board for whatever reason.

I was also somewhat puzzled that the "DTM" forum was removed completely. It was very active during off-season player movement and with the increased rumours and increased player movements these days in contrast to 5 to 10 years ago, I believe that this would have coincided with increased activity even during the season.

Personally, I don't mind "Nicks Other AFL", but it just hasn't worked the way most of us envisaged initially. I wouldn't be against scrapping that forum all together but ultimately that's up to the administrators and the moderators to decide whether this would be the best course of action in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: