Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not rocket science dropping a player who loses interest in the contest, or another player whose interpretation of flying the flag is to whack a player without the ball 20m from your opponents goal in front of the umpire.
The 22 who turned up last night played their hearts out and all played their role including the three who tend to cop the most here, in Blair, Greenwood and White. We deserved to win, but we were beaten by a better team who had more at stake. A little humility wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that WB are a great football side and in Bomtempelli, they have one of the stars of the game, whose presence last night was the difference between losing and winning.
There was so much to like last night. De Goey had a breakout game. Aish is just getting better and better and Goldsack put his hand up and said he wants to go again next year. If we had played all year, like we showed last night, then we would now be sitting comfortably in the eight. That's the lesson we need to learn from last night.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 am

I think it's great that people stand up for Greenwood and White. Unlike time-serving players such as Cloke, Toovey, Goldsack, Macaffer, Blair and Nathan Brown, they are Collingwood premiership players and deserve our respect.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:50 pm

bally12 wrote:

One more thing..if anyone watched the FoxSports after-the-game analysis, you would think Bontempelli was the only player on the ground. No mention of Pies playing well. I guess King has to pretend he's a serious commentator and not contradict himself after his crap article on Bucks in the HS today.

Completely agree - it was an absolutely pitiful analysis of a game that was decided by just 3 points. Media commentators on both football outlets have lost objectivity - if they ever had it.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:51 pm

the intensity we showed last night is what teams like the Bulldogs show every week.

I'm more pleased than after our losses to Carlton and Richmond,
But We still lost.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Extremely proud of our young team after that terrific effort,they busted their guts to win that one, and only just, just fell short. Another thirty secs we may have won it, the dogs were pissing their pants. ! Great effort by the Woods, we do have a lot to look forward too with this young team of ours. Bring on next season !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Went to the game. Proud of the boys. At this point of our development I would rather see us tough it out for 4 quarters and lose by a small margin than be down hill skiers and win games against poor opposition. A few poor kicks lead to unfortunate turnovers that resulted in Bulldogs goals. That was the difference. After last week piss poor effort against the Tigers it was a refreshing change.
Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:39 pm

check out my review of the game guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSY76Ia2xag

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Went to the game. Proud of the boys. At this point of our development I would rather see us tough it out for 4 quarters and lose by a small margin than be down hill skiers and win games against poor opposition. A few poor kicks lead to unfortunate turnovers that resulted in Bulldogs goals. That was the difference. After last week piss poor effort against the Tigers it was a refreshing change.

Watching the game on TV, I reckon the skill errors were actually decision making problems.

Sidey makes errors not because he doesn't have the skills but because his brain is on a different wavelength to the people he's trying to deliver to, he sometimes tries to be too fancy and his team mate isn't in position.

The others, I can see what they were trying to do but the execution suffered from a combination of pressure and trying too hard.

Experience will (should) fix most of that.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Degoey is shit, he just is, sorry.

^ And that, my friends, is what "no idea at all" sounds like. He was in the votes of many posters in the GB medal for good reason.

Most posters (like you) are clueless, he's an average footballer.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:01 pm

I reckon the kid is going to make you look silly in the very near future Bob.
No offence intended.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:13 pm

I hope you're right.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Black and White Reviews wrote:
check out my review of the game guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSY76Ia2xag

Love your Start of the Video Mate.

Spot on how the Media harps on the Dogs Injury and we have had lot worse then them. We where bit off out Best Team as well

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:16 pm

woftam wrote:
I reckon the kid is going to make you look silly in the very near future Bob.
No offence intended.

Agree. De Goey might not come a SuperStar but he be a Very Good Player

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:23 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's not rocket science dropping a player who loses interest in the contest, or another player whose interpretation of flying the flag is to whack a player without the ball 20m from your opponents goal in front of the umpire.
The 22 who turned up last night played their hearts out and all played their role including the three who tend to cop the most here, in Blair, Greenwood and White. We deserved to win, but we were beaten by a better team who had more at stake. A little humility wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that WB are a great football side and in Bomtempelli, they have one of the stars of the game, whose presence last night was the difference between losing and winning.
There was so much to like last night. De Goey had a breakout game. Aish is just getting better and better and Goldsack put his hand up and said he wants to go again next year. If we had played all year, like we showed last night, then we would now be sitting comfortably in the eight. That's the lesson we need to learn from last night.

^This.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

^This.

^These.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: